Mouth ulcers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleJess

Banned
I'm not sure if this is related to stress, but I've practically always have a mouth ulcer, it goes away and i get another.

There isn't a day i don't have them, why is this? is it stress?

Probably. It could also be a vitamin or other nutrient deficiency. You mentioned you're often dehydrated? Do you take any vitamin supplements?

Sapphyre said:
Probably. It could also be a vitamin or other nutrient deficiency. You mentioned you're often dehydrated? Do you take any vitamin supplements?

Nope I don't take vitamin supplements at all. The only time they really go away is if i use mouth wash, so I'm going to see if i can get some.

Hmmm. You might try a multi-vitamin and see if it helps also. I don't take one every day either, but my diet kind of sucks and I feel better when I do take them. FWIW.

Its most likely due to needing to change your tooth brush, or not cleaning your mouth often enough.

reusing the same tooth brush and unhygienic storing leads to chronic mouth ulcers.

replace your tooth brush/brush your teeth with a clean brush more often and you will notice a difference quickly.

Unfortunately I've run into people with this issue a few times in my life, this is always the solution.

Last edited:
I get mouth ulcers quite often myself. Though for me ... I am fairly certain it's due to me needing to go to a dentist. They do certainly hurt a lot, although having them so much ... just kind of get used to it.

I would recommend Sauerkraut. Either take a teaspoon of the "juice" and hold its salty vitamin C goodness on the ulcer a couple of times a day or take a marble sized wet ball of sauerkraut and press that against the spot... when it is warm and no longer salty chew it up and swallow.

When I can't get sauerkraut I get ulcers no matter how much fruit I eat, when I have it in my diet (uncooked of course) I NEVER get one.

It really should be part of your diet regardless... what else are you going to do with cabbage?

Argent said:
I would recommend Sauerkraut. Either take a teaspoon of the "juice" and hold its salty vitamin C goodness on the ulcer a couple of times a day or take a marble sized wet ball of sauerkraut and press that against the spot... when it is warm and no longer salty chew it up and swallow.

When I can't get sauerkraut I get ulcers no matter how much fruit I eat, when I have it in my diet (uncooked of course) I NEVER get one.

It really should be part of your diet regardless... what else are you going to do with cabbage?

Sauerkraut is aweseome!! ^^; It can be a little hard to find the "natural" varieties that aren't loaded with preservatives, but it is OMG delicious...

I haven't heard of it being recommended for mouth ulcers before, but you might be onto something with the vitamin C content...

I don't eat it often myself (hard to find the real thing here in the US), and don't suffer mouth ulcers either. But I get vitamin C from plenty of other sources...

And I have to agree that there isn't a better use of cabbage. ^^; Sauerkraut is just wonderful.

If you can stand the taste, alum powder also works wonders. It literally dries out the sore and shrinks it in a matter of seconds. This cuts the pain and healing time in half or more. You can get it at the food store with the regular spices.

Just get a q-tip wet and dip it in the powder. Gently rub the alum on the sore to deposit as much as you can on it. Hold that part of your mouth open or away from your teeth/gums so it doesn't get rubbed off too soon. 30-60 seconds later rinse your mouth out with water or mouth wash. Do this once in the morning and evening and even the largest sores will be gone in two days max.

Warning, it tastes pretty yucky (metallic) though, and will pucker you up 10x more than pure lemon will.

Well I brush 3 times a day now and appears to be healing, well that's great :)

Binary said:
Well I brush 3 times a day now and appears to be healing, well that's great :)

Great to hear but also try Sauerkraut, its healing properties for ulcers is incredible.

Argent said:
... what else are you going to do with cabbage?

I know... Kimchi! ^.^ It's usually a different type of cabbage (Napa), but it's also a pretty good way to use it. ^^

Sapphyre said:
I know... Kimchi! ^.^ It's usually a different type of cabbage (Napa), but it's also a pretty good way to use it. ^^

:) very good!

I wish when we eat at Korean restaurants they would give us more Kimchi rather than that tony bowl.

Argent said:
:) very good!

I wish when we eat at Korean restaurants they would give us more Kimchi rather than that tony bowl.

I usually order Kimchi jjigae soup. ^^ But I get most of mine from the grocery store, actually. They sell the real, fermented stuff in refrigerated jars that you most definitely want to open over a sink initially. ^^; "King's" is the brand name, here. But I often just eat it out of the jar. ^^;; I AM working on my own version of chicken kimchi jjigae, but it's a work-in-progress and doesn't come out quite right every time yet...

When I have an ulcer in my mouth, I use a lighted cigarette and I burn it.

LonelyFOX said:
When I have an ulcer in my mouth, I use a lighted cigarette and I burn it.

Um.... sorry really don't want to tell anyone (except my kids) what they can and can't do but geez cigarettes really? Maybe the toxicity is causing ulcers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back