Diaper at night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jsnjones21

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
Hey I want to know what I have to do to get diaper trained while in bed I no longer want to go to the bathroom. I want to wear diapers every night and use them instead of goining to the bathroom what do I have to do?

- - - Updated - - -

P.s. I don't own diapers yet

- - - Updated - - -

You need to be able to use your diaper while laying down, that's the biggest obstacle for most people. Sometime when you have a bit of a full bladder, go into your bedroom and strip down to just your diaper and lay down on your bed on your back and see if you can go. (point down of course!)

If that's no problem, try again maybe under the sheets. If that's okay, you shouldn't have a problem using overnight. Just remember go wear a thicker diaper. I personally make a point of drinking a full glass of milk before bed, and that along with some other things have greatly improved my sleep. Not having to get up 1-4 times a night and get completely woke up by standing, cold floors, and bright lights has been huge for me. I just wake, wet my diaper some more, and go right back to sleep. Win!

What diapers should I buy? At Walgreens?

Jsnjones21 said:
What diapers should I buy? At Walgreens?
There's nothing good at Walgreens. You may be able to get lucky at a local medical supply store and find molicare or abena. Alternativly, order some online (xpmedical and northshore are well respected and have free shipping).

Cool thanks and is there any tricks to get use to wearing them? During the day too?

As a legit bedwetter, I'd caution against this. I started wetting the bed a while back and my symptoms progressed into full out OAB with some pretty bad daytime leaks. There's nothing fun about it.

that said, I'd imagine that if you just started wearing diapers to bed every night and ALWAYS went in your diaper and then back to sleep that over time you'd likely stop waking to pee. It would probably take a few months, maybe longer. Eventually you'd just get so used to peeing in your diaper in bed that your body would think it's normal to just let it go.

I don't know why you'd want that though. Being a bedwetter is really a pain in the butt. Staying at other people's places, hotels etc becomes more challenging. Staining a nice new mattress isn't fun. Even if you did this, it would probably be reversible with a little effort, but while trying to regain that control you would probably find yourself ruining bedding and potentially embarrassing yourself.

If you really want to do this, then high end diapers are a must. I wear Abena L4 or Dry 24/7 to bed. They're pretty bulky diapers. And as good as they are, sometimes they fail and I end up with wet sheets. Just as baby diapers sometimes fail in the middle of the night, yours can too. You still need mattress protection.

diapers also get expensive. A 36 count case of Abena L4 is about $60. 36 Diapers is roughly a month supply, maybe a little less. You have to figure that at least a few are going to have tapes pop when you try to put it on, or there will be some other defect. Then figure, some nights you might wake up in a diaper that's at capacity or already leaked. That means changing and sleeping in a new diaper for the rest of the night. If you end up actually becomming dependent on diapers, and I'd imagine it really wouldn't be hard to if you commit to wearing/using them every night for several months, then you're looking at a $60+ diaper bill every month, MUCH more if you start wearing in the day too. I have to wear 24/7 due to urge incontinence and I pay over $200 a month out of pocket on diapers. I get a small tax break on them by using my health savings account.

Just some things to think about if you go down this route.

I'm not ABDL but there IS one silver lining to becomming a bedwetter. I have early diabetes, pretty well controlled, but enough that it makes me pee a lot at night. I used to wake up several times a night to go. Once the bedwetting started, and I eventually realized I needed to wear a diaper, I stared sleeping soundly through the night. I get the best sleep ever now, even if I do wake up in a drenched diaper every morning.

mikejames said:
that said, I'd imagine that if you just started wearing diapers to bed every night and ALWAYS went in your diaper and then back to sleep that over time you'd likely stop waking to pee. It would probably take a few months, maybe longer. Eventually you'd just get so used to peeing in your diaper in bed that your body would think it's normal to just let it go.

I'm sorry I just don't think it works like that. I've been using night time diapers for about 10 years now, and I've not become a bedwetter. I always wake up in the middle of the night if I have to go, and then just go, but I don't have accidents.
I'm diaper free maybe 1-2 months a year just because. I don't believe diapers cause incontinence.

orionstar said:
I'm sorry I just don't think it works like that. I've been using night time diapers for about 10 years now, and I've not become a bedwetter. I always wake up in the middle of the night if I have to go, and then just go, but I don't have accidents.
I'm diaper free maybe 1-2 months a year just because. I don't believe diapers cause incontinence.

I don't think diapers cause incontinence. I think repeated behavior with 100% consistency (not taking 1-2 months off per year) could lead to bedwetting. I think it would probably depend a lot on the individual though, like how soundly they typically sleep, how much fluid they drink before bed etc. I definitely think if someone purposely wet a diaper in the middle of the night, every single night for months and month and months, that they'd likely stop waking up for it.

I can't test the theory bc I piss myself uncrontrollably all the time....wonder if anyone here is up for the challenge?

I would suggest getting a good mattress protector if you don't have one, because it will let your mind be more at ease should your diaper leak.

Jsnjones21 said:
Hey I want to know what I have to do to get diaper trained while in bed I no longer want to go to the bathroom. I want to wear diapers every night and use them instead of goining to the bathroom what do I have to do?

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I'd advise experimenting with diapers and finding ones you like first before even considering this... then I'd advise against this activity anyway.

irnub said:
There's nothing good at Walgreens.

that right there sums it up nicely

I second all of this.

Start off with getting good premium diapers and just wear them every night. Get used to trusting them, and used to their cost. After a few months reasses a go from there if you still want to become a bed wetter.

Ps. As someone who wakes up multiple times each night with an urge to pee, I'm also seeming to become a full bedwetter. I already choose to pee my diaper in bed then go back to sleep, but a full nights rest is much preferred to me.

Slomo said:
I second all of this.

Start off with getting good premium diapers and just wear them every night. Get used to trusting them, and used to their cost. After a few months reasses a go from there if you still want to become a bed wetter.

Ps. As someone who wakes up multiple times each night with an urge to pee, I'm also seeming to become a full bedwetter. I already choose to pee my diaper in bed then go back to sleep, but a full nights rest is much preferred to me.
Since becoming a nightly bedwetter once more I get the best nights sleep ever.

Jsnjones21 said:

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Well to start you have to get your bed protected because the learning curve to wetting diapers in bed without leaks is going to take you some trial and error. You then have to get yourself some diapers as others have said , good diapers cost money, I use dry 24/7 and they are about $102 a case if I remember. Will you become a bedwetter by doing this , most probably not unless you already wet the bed occasionally. And the last thing is that you will not be able to hide the fact that you wear diapers every night dfrome anyone who lives in the same house as you do, diasposal is another thing to consider , I have a trash bag with my overnight diapers out for the trash pick up every Saturday and it is the heaviest bag of trash that i have double bagged in back trash bags. Best of Luck in your venture.

Search online for the old "12 month diaper training" guide. It shows how to naturally unpotty train without hurting your self. This method also allows for you to reverse the training at any point too. (And no you don't have to follow the bowel untraining part if you don't want to).

Step one though, commit to wearing a high quality diaper at ALL times (except bath, pool, etc of course).

Disclaimer, this will get you the bedwetting you want but will also result in daywetting too.

This. I got the $40 Gary one from Amazon, and it's been a game changer.

Stack blankets on your bed, turn off heat, apply diaper , get in bed , if you have to go choose between diaper or freezing your bits off , the diaper is the logical choice

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back