Boozters with SAP that don't explode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boyhood

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
It's been a long time since I've posted! I'm having some trouble with the TotalDry Maximum boosters bought from Bambino. Nearly every one of them has broken open, even if I'm not being rough or sitting on it. Most often I wear to bed and usually put my diapers to good use.

I'm not a big fan of high fluff content vs. SAP because fluff acts more like a sponge which isn't cool. Are there any highly absorbant stuffers made with SAP that can stand up to vigorous use without exploding?

I never had any problem with Bambino's own Quadro booster.

Try using a baby diaper. They hold every bit as much, are better constructed, and are way cheaper.

The TotalDry boosters always pop, havent had one that didn't burst(I use the Ultimate level).
The Bambino Quadro rarely burst when I use them, probably the only close option if you're looking for a booster that swells like the TotalDry's.

Boyhood said:
It's been a long time since I've posted! I'm having some trouble with the TotalDry Maximum boosters bought from Bambino. Nearly every one of them has broken open, even if I'm not being rough or sitting on it. Most often I wear to bed and usually put my diapers to good use.

I'm not a big fan of high fluff content vs. SAP because fluff acts more like a sponge which isn't cool. Are there any highly absorbant stuffers made with SAP that can stand up to vigorous use without exploding?

Try getting the Abena booster pads.

Slomo said:
Try using a baby diaper. They hold every bit as much, are better constructed, and are way cheaper.

I've been doing this too and you're right that they don't explode. I suppose they're just more of a pain in the ass due to the wings and tapes. Cutting them off is much more comfortable but then we need to also cut a slit in the bottom of them for drainage.

So the other options presented herein are the Bambino Quadro & Abena Boosters. I've tried the Quadro, a bit expensive maybe they are worth the value. Never tried the Abena.

I'm beginning to find that boosters actually cause more leaks. As they swell, the leg gathers must have worse contact with the legs. ABU has awesome tall leg gathers, Bambino shorter on the classic products. Unfortunately in that regard, I just got a case of the Biancos which were 30% off last week. Will probably need to expect some leaks with or without a booster.

Boyhood said:
I've been doing this too and you're right that they don't explode. I suppose they're just more of a pain in the ass due to the wings and tapes. Cutting them off is much more comfortable but then we need to also cut a slit in the bottom of them for drainage.

I'd recomend you try some tena overnight pads, fold then in half and add a few slashes along that nicely created line.

I know a little OT but after trying boosters for awhile I just gave up on them, I just wear thicker diapers now. less hassle, and boosters seem to make leaks more of a concern.

I actually just tear off the tabs. They come apart fairly easy so I never worry about the hassle of cutting them. Overall this isn't any more of a step than removing the sticky backing from other boosters.

I've also found I don't need to cut a slit on their backing either. When the baby diaper gets full it just leaks into my adult diaper. If anything this is preferable as the baby diaper is able to mostly absorb my flooding while then slowly leaking into mt adult diaper. I get way fewer leaks this way.

As a bonus, my adult diaper doesn't get very wet until my baby diaper booster is soaked. I can then change it out and extend my adult diaper for as long as I need. You can't do that with boosters very well as they tend to leak into the diaper almost immediately.

AnimeDude892 said:
Try getting the Abena booster pads.

this. I use these some nights for bed if I've had more fluids than was prudent. The abri let maxi runs most of the length of the diaper and holds a lot. The only downside is no adhesive strip. This makes them good, IMO, only for sleeping. They'd bunch up and shift too much if you wore them while being active.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back