IT Horror Story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleJess

Banned
I've wanted to get this off my chest for some time lets say I know this guy who gets treated like a computer genius, now that he also has a qualification which he struggled with, is now worshiped even more, sure this sounds like a good idea, but I'll give a little background about him.

He is literally a linustechtip wannabe, not only that is he is a business wannabe, and worst is he is only doing it because it gives him attention that he hasn't had before, and it's not something that he does because he enjoys it.

Example 1 of how stupid this person really is.
1. His mother wanted to play the sims 3, her computer was from 2005 with a Pentium D.

He is like to his mother, well you have to upgrade your PC at the time I did agree with him that she needed a upgrade, I suggested do the reasonable think, get a low end card, for maybe $30 and that should play the game fine.

Guess what this "IT professional does" buys a $200 dollar graphics card (wasting his mothers money) and slaps it in there. (all because that same card worked perfectly on my core 2 duo machine with no bottle neck (except when some games used 100% of the CPU) only used it because It was a significant upgrade for me.

So, he becomes stumped and confused as to why the computer can now barely play the SIMS 3... (played it somewhat fine before) I said well it's the processor (bottleneck)

So guess what this idiot does? Wastes more money on a gaming motherboard, and more ram and a new processor (which mind you they kind of discontinued that socket anyway)

So he ends up throwing away like $800 just so his mother can play the fucking SIMS.. that is right THE SIMS.

The most logical thing to do (at the time) was to do this, either buy a $50 budget board, a $60 dollar budget CPU and some ram. even than the integrated graphics will run it fine. so than you could literally upgrade the processor and ram down the line, or you can do the cheapest thing.

GET A Intel Pentium e6600, which at the time you could of got for like $60 at the local store, but he did it more to show off than anything. (even though his mother is poor and struggling to pay the bills)

(He was even under the assumption that the pentium D was better than a core 2 duo because "it had a higher clock speed" even though at the time my core 2 duo was practically the best you could get. (well for that time frame)

Story 2. Oh it must be a driver.
Now one of my friends wanted to upgrade his graphics card, so instead of doing the reasonable thing and spending like $150 on a CPU and $150 on a mid range card, he suggest his friends a $500 GPU, not only did it bottle neck, he could never work out why, has happened on multiple occasions.

"He" doesn't run anti-virus because he thinks only idiots do, and has his firewall turned off.... because his uncle told him so.

What else is there, he is a "want to be coder" what I mean by that is he knows CSS quite well, but when it comes to coding anything, it's copied and pasted, and barely even works, worst part is, he actually got paid to do it for "mom and pas" type websites, even though I suggested him ways of preventing SQL injection and showed that I can easily sql inject his website, he doesn't bother learning and says, well that's there problem now, people shouldn't hack WTF...

He himself doesn't make any sense, now lets say this right, instead of doing the reasonable thing and spending like $100 on a second hand computer so he can get his school work done, he literally wastes $1000 and it takes him like 2-3 years to get it.

He doesn't use Linux because "it's illegal", and thinks it's a virus, he also loves to install shit like "abtutor" onto peoples computers because he LIKE control, and than creates a shitty intranet making both his and his mothers computer insecure because he doesn't know how to do it properly, if I wanted to I could easily fill his hard drive up with crap that's how bad it is.

He doesn't use VPN's because "hackers will get my passwords"

He isn't smart, he is a god damn idiot, doesn't know what the fuck he is on about, makes out his smarter than everyone else in the world, yet can't code or solve basic computer problems which he causes in the first place.

Obviously he also hates what he doesn't understand, and I think it took him a year just to write a hello world application in C++ because he could never get cout << "hello world"; right.. now I'm no genuis but that's something most people learn in 5 minutes.

He even loves to remind you, of how illegal it is to "sql inject websites" to test them, and told me he will go to the police if i tried to inject his site... on a local network, eventually he gave me permission but never fixed it because he was a fucking idiot. (he didn't know how to") even though I mentioned it 100 times that you use sql prepared statements, and if he could really code he would understand how to do that.

That and he likes to threaten to sue everybody and anyone, for things I doubt would hold up in caught, like telling him he is wrong for example, or brags about oh I've been doing this for 5 years, and I've been doing this for 8, what's your point, sick of it because not only doesn't he read or want to learn, he dismisses everything you tell him.

Literally image jen off the IT crowd, that is practically him, except he learned some basics, and goes around pretending to be a it professional better yet now he has a certificate and goes around being worshiped but in reality he struggled just to pass the basic stuff, and has forgotten most of it already.

Practically at the end of the day he wasted I think $800 on a gaming computer for practically a 40 year old wiccan, who just plays the sims 3 and does some flash games, does anyone see the problem here? that's literal money thrown down the drain, if anything he could of just got that $30 dollar card i told him to get, grr.

It's as stupid as building a $1000 dollar gaming PC for a granny in her 90s, who just goes on the facebooks, and writes stories about world war three on her type writter.

End of rant.

Last edited:
Binary said:
I've wanted to get this off my chest for some time lets say I know this guy who gets treated like a computer genius, now that he also has a qualification which he struggled with, is now worshiped even more, sure this sounds like a good idea, but I'll give a little background about him.

He is literally a linustechtip wannabe, not only that is he is a business wannabe, and worst is he is only doing it because it gives him attention that he hasn't had before, and it's not something that he does because he enjoys it.

Example 1 of how stupid this person really is.
1. His mother wanted to play the sims 3, her computer was from 2005 with a Pentium D.

He is like to his mother, well you have to upgrade your PC at the time I did agree with him that she needed a upgrade, I suggested do the reasonable think, get a low end card, for maybe $30 and that should play the game fine.

Guess what this "IT professional does" buys a $200 dollar graphics card (wasting his mothers money) and slaps it in there. (all because that same card worked perfectly on my core 2 duo machine with no bottle neck (except when some games used 100% of the CPU) only used it because It was a significant upgrade for me.

So, he becomes stumped and confused as to why the computer can barely play the SIMS 3... I said well it's the processor.

So guess what this idiot does? Wastes more money on a gaming motherboard, and more ram and a new processor (which mind you they kind of discontinued that socket anyway)

So he ends up throwing away like $800 just so his mother can play the fucking SIMS.. that is right THE SIMS.

The most logical thing to do (at the time) was to do this, either buy a $50 budget board, a $60 dollar budget CPU and some ram. even than the integrated graphics will run it fine. so than you could literally upgrade the processor and ram down the line, or you can do the cheapest thing.

GET A Intel Pentium e6600, which at the time you could of got for like $60 at the local store, but he did it more to show off than anything. (even though his mother is poor and struggling to pay the bills)

(He was even under the assumption that the pentium D was better than a core 2 duo because "it had a higher clock speed" even though at the time my core 2 duo was practically the best you could get. (well for that time frame)

Ya, he doesn't sound very smart. That is a lot of money to spend to play the sims 3. The whole clock speed thing is also pretty nuts. XD

Story 2. Oh it must be a driver.
Now one of my friends wanted to upgrade his graphics card, so instead of doing the reasonable thing and spending like $150 on a CPU and $150 on a mid range card, he suggest his friends a $500 GPU, not only did it bottle neck, he could never work out why, has happened on multiple occasions.

This one isn't as bad. If you are looking to get the most performance when it comes to gaming ... sometimes putting all your money on a GPU can give you a better result than trying to split it between a GPU and CPU. Though it is pretty siutational and depends on what you already have. But an upgraded graphics card is always likely going to give you the greatest boost when it comes to gaming in general, even with the cpu being a bottle neck. Although if you are having bottle neck issues, I would suggest upgrading the CPU as well. XD

"He" doesn't run anti-virus because he thinks only idiots do, and has his firewall turned off.... because his uncle told him so.

I tend to turn off anti-virus and only run it when I feel like I need to.

What else is there, he is a "want to be coder" what I mean by that is he knows CSS quite well, but when it comes to coding anything, it's copied and pasted, and barely even works, worst part is, he actually got paid to do it for "mom and pas" type websites, even though I suggested him ways of preventing SQL injection and showed that I can easily sql inject his website, he doesn't bother learning and says, well that's there problem now, people shouldn't hack WTF...

LOL ... That is pretty funny. Hoenstly, these days I typically just use CMS's for stuff like that. I find anything I can do myself, likely has already been done better and is likely safer.

He himself doesn't make any sense, now lets say this right, instead of doing the reasonable thing and spending like $100 on a second hand computer so he can get his school work done, he literally wastes $1000 and it takes him like 2-3 years to get it.

I can see someone using the school work as an excuse to get a good computer to game on lol. So not all that surprising actually.

He doesn't use Linux because "it's illegal", and thinks it's a virus, he also loves to install shit like "abtutor" onto peoples computers because he LIKE control, and than creates a shitty intranet making both his and his mothers computer insecure because he doesn't know how to do it properly, if I wanted to I could easily fill his hard drive up with crap that's how bad it is.

I don't use Linux because I think it's overrated XD. Similarly to how Mac users act toward Windows, and I think Linux users are similar but less obnoxious about it XD.
Linux being illegal ... that is funny. How did he ever figure that? That makes no sense. XD Even more so thinking it's a virus ... wow.

Obviously he also hates what he doesn't understand, and I think it took him a year just to write a hello world application in C++ because he could never get cout << "hello world"; right.. now I'm no genuis but that's something most people learn in 5 minutes.

Ya, personally, when learning programming I don't like how it's taught usually. I get why it's taught in the manner that it is. However, I find people learn better when you teach them to make something that is more practical and can be used, like an actual program or a simple game. :p I think the whole hello world thing is outdated and needs to be scrapped and left behind.

He even loves to remind you, of how illegal it is to "sql inject websites" to test them, and told me he will go to the police if i tried to inject his site... on a local network, eventually he gave me permission but never fixed it because he was a fucking idiot. (he didn't know how to") even though I mentioned it 100 times that you use sql prepared statements, and if he could really code he would understand how to do that.

End of rant.

Not illegal if you have permission XD. And certainly not illegal if it's your own stuff you are hacking into lol.

MarchinBunny said:
Ya, he doesn't sound very smart. That is a lot of money to spend to play the sims 3. The whole clock speed thing is also pretty nuts. XD

This one isn't as bad. If you are looking to get the most performance when it comes to gaming ... sometimes putting all your money on a GPU can give you a better result than trying to split it between a GPU and CPU. Though it is pretty siutational and depends on what you already have. But an upgraded graphics card is always likely going to give you the greatest boost when it comes to gaming in general, even with the cpu being a bottle neck. Although if you are having bottle neck issues, I would suggest upgrading the CPU as well. XD

I tend to turn off anti-virus and only run it when I feel like I need to.

LOL ... That is pretty funny. Hoenstly, these days I typically just use CMS's for stuff like that. I find anything I can do myself, likely has already been done better and is likely safer.

I can see someone using the school work as an excuse to get a good computer to game on lol. So not all that surprising actually.

I don't use Linux because I think it's overrated XD. Similarly to how Mac users act toward Windows, and I think Linux users are similar but less obnoxious about it XD.
Linux being illegal ... that is funny. How did he ever figure that? That makes no sense. XD Even more so thinking it's a virus ... wow.

Ya, personally, when learning programming I don't like how it's taught usually. I get why it's taught in the manner that it is. However, I find people learn better when you teach them to make something that is more practical and can be used, like an actual program or a simple game. :p I think the whole hello world thing is outdated and needs to be scrapped and left behind.

Not illegal if you have permission XD. And certainly not illegal if it's your own stuff you are hacking into lol.

I should clarify with that upgrading the GPU part.. xD

He had a shitty $50 dollar processor, now if it had of been me I would of updated both the processor and the GPU xD

Like with me, when I got my GPU i knew that my $60 dollar celeron would cause bottleneck, so I slapped in a I3 in case, and it turned out I was right and it would of anyway. cause one of the games I played used like 89% of my CPU

Binary said:
I should clarify with that upgrading the GPU part.. xD

He had a shitty $50 dollar processor, now if it had of been me I would of updated both the processor and the GPU xD

Like with me, when I got my GPU i knew that my $60 dollar celeron would cause bottleneck, so I slapped in a I3 in case, and it turned out I was right and it would of anyway.

Ya, if you have a pretty crappy processor to that extent it needs to be upgraded lol.

MarchinBunny said:
Ya, if you have a pretty crappy processor to that extent it needs to be upgraded lol.

Yeah at one point he ran a minecraft server right, now most of his freinds were using a "specific" version of minecraft, so he had to disable it so those people could join, (obviously this version you get off sketchy sites)

I suggested to him he should use a "registration" plugin, obviously it was chaos when he didn't listen to me, innocent people getting banned, other accounts getting hijacked, was hilarious.

So instead of doing something about it, he literally bans me because I'm the one who suggested it, and thought I did it all, but it was bound to happen anyway.

Once you spend $800.00, why not buy a new computer. That not that expensive. I paid $200.00 for my Dell at Best Buys. He could have also bought a much newer, used computer as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back