Thread: Returned home

Default Returned home

I have returned home. I DON'T LIKE IT. I feel like I went back in time a decade. It's so barren and sad here. Mostly on the advisement of my mom I haven't quit my job. I really would have loved to, but I understand her point of view on this. She'd rather I have a another job before quit this one. It felt like poison as I went to work yesterday. My crew missed me. I had heard one good thing. My boss will be leaving me in charge again for a few weeks so I won't have to deal with them for that much longer. I've looked into the job lists and it rather barren there too, so I'm not sure what else to do at the moment. I'm much more stable thanks in part to the advice of my mom and an item she gave me before I left

I've considered returning home myself. But there are many of the same issues. It would be barren and sad. My job sucks hardcore, but for now I'm soldiering on. It's good for me in the academic sense, but on a personal level it's completely draining me. It is a somewhat unique form of poison. And when I collapse and fold into myself, I am missed by my coworkers and project managers also. I feel rather trapped. I don't know that I would be appreciated similarly elsewhere.

I'm sorry I don't have any real "advice" per se, only that I understand the feeling. *hugs*

Quote Originally Posted by KryanAshford View Post
    I have returned home. I DON'T LIKE IT. I feel like I went back in time a decade. It's so barren and sad here. Mostly on the advisement of my mom I haven't quit my job. I really would have loved to, but I understand her point of view on this. She'd rather I have a another job before quit this one. It felt like poison as I went to work yesterday. My crew missed me. I had heard one good thing. My boss will be leaving me in charge again for a few weeks so I won't have to deal with them for that much longer. I've looked into the job lists and it rather barren there too, so I'm not sure what else to do at the moment. I'm much more stable thanks in part to the advice of my mom and an item she gave me before I left
    Little things... just appreciate the little things, and keep working on a plan for the bigger things. First of all, you can appreciate the fact that your crew missed you, at least that's something positive in the work environment. And you get to be in charge while your boss is gone. It went well last time, so it should go just as smoothly and you won't have him/her on your back.

Your mom is giving you sage advice in telling you not to quit your job until you have something else lined up. You may recall everyone here has been telling you the same thing. It's because we don't want to see you unemployed and without an income. it will likely just make things worse and add some more stress in your life than you already have. You have to do what's best for you, but when so many people are telling you the same thing, then there must be a reason for it. Just keep reminding yourself of that.

Go back to the original plan from a previous thread. At that time, you had been looking for areas with good employment prospects with a good quality of life, including reasonably affordable housing. There were a number of links provided based on your identified requirements and I'm hoping that some of the suggestions will be worth pursuing. Also, keep the resume up to date to include your increased responsibilities during your boss's absences.

And keep working on getting that new package of diapers. You deserve them and they should at least help with the stress.

Just to second the ideas above, though it is extremely unfair, it is much easier to get a job when you already have one.