what do your parents think about the whole ABDL thing and how did they find out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warmness

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
what do your parents think about the whole ABDL thing? and how did they find out?

They haven't yet but I have proberly jinxed it by posting this!

my parents were super supportive of it....i didn't parade in the house with just diapers on...if i had them out and my mom cleaned the room she just set them aside.

Not understanding at all think a choice .
Sister hate full uses it to rid me of friends.
Mother walk in on putting a pamper on.

They just let me be me. The found my stash one time so that's how they found out and i just told them.

When my mom found out when I was young she didn't say much except to throw everything away in my room that doesn't belong there. As an adult, my diaper wearing has been brought up by my ex to my mom and she would just say something like ya, he's weird. Just recently however it was brought up again because my daughters mother thought she could use it against me in court. My mom and her husband both acknowledged that my liking for diapers is my business only and it doesn't effect anyone else so it doesn't belong being exposed to everyone.

They don't really know. I had my stash discovered on two pretty widely spaced separate occasions while I was living at home but unlike the stashes we see posted here, it was a mix of modded baby diapers, some vinyl with duct tape used as a wrap, and a few other odds and ends. Since there was no Internet to consult, I think it wasn't exactly clear what I was up to but my mom knew it was odd and it concerned her. I passed off the second discovery as leftover stuff from before that I hadn't used in years. Whether she really bought that or just chose to accept the explanation, I don't know.

I chose from that point not to have any kind of stash at home and I stuck with that until I moved out for good several years later. We don't talk of it and I've not had any indication of suspicion. If it were to come up now, I'd be able to explain myself far better but I'm not in any hurry to do so. I don't think it's relevant to my parents, so it's best to leave it alone.

Only one person in my family knows about this, and that's my older brother. He doesn't really mind it all that much. As for the rest of my family, they do not know.

My mom discovered mine once because I just put it up in the closet where I didn't think anyone would find it (the closet was located in my bedroom and contained really old board games and coats that no one used anymore). She confronted me about it and I basically just stared at my feet until she left. She didn't really bring it up again.

Later in late highschool / early college (I lived at home thru college because it was within walking distance), I got a girlfriend who accepted and participated in it, and so I got more brazen including ordering things including cases to the house. Obviously that's a pretty big box. My mom didn't open it, but questioned me continuously about it. I just kept saying it was "a surprise." I'm sure she found them later (despite changing the hiding spot), but she never brought it up again.

Later I brought it up with her on a long drive (just the two of us)... I'm not sure why. She basically said "that's pretty weird" and offered to pay for me to talk to a therapist. She said something along the lines of "I know it isn't any dangerous, but you need to understand that if the wrong people find out about it, it could hurt you in other ways -- family, career, etc."

I think she has a fair point -- I mean, if a politician was secretly an AB, and someone obtained evidence during a campaign run, it could ruin their entire career. She didn't approve, but she didn't threaten to kick me out, either. She basically just said "be careful."

told my mom I liked diapers, she seemed ok about it overall, never would tell my dad.

My father doesn't know at all. My mother seems like she wishes it wouldn't run my life so much, but she also claims to understand why I have this fetish, and she tells me to just clean up after myself and dispose of everything properly. She found out in the summer between my high school graduation and entrance into college (2013) and asked me if I was having some bedwetting issues because it was Goodnites that she found in my room, and I told her that I just liked wearing them sometimes.

My parents never did find out about my diaper wearing when I lived with them...at least not that I know of. I was very careful about wearing and would only do it when the house was absolutely empty or at night to bed. I would hide my diapers in the humongous original Xbox box in my room . My parents had absolutely no reason to look through my video game console boxes so I assume they never found them.

They never found out about it and never will there deceased now.

Well I'm 39 now, when I was 18 I got the courage to go out and get diapers, I put one on, used it, changed into another one and waited for my mom to come home and then I said "mom I need to tell you something. I like wearing adult diapers"
She said "what!"
I repeated myself and then showed her.

That was 20 years ago, I still live wth her and help with the household bills and take care of her... I wear almost nightly and almost all week d, have my baby stuff in plain sight in my room, there are often bottles in the dish drainer, and onsies in the laundry.

How does at go for her thoughts on it... Oh and she knows my ab friends and tells me to say hello when I go to a munch... She has even attended several munches

{mic drop}

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

yes she does. I have met her

bugguy6970 said:
Just recently however it was brought up again because my daughters mother thought she could use it against me in court.

This is the stuff of nightmares for me. Glad it's all working out for you thus far!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, and on topic, as far as I am aware, none of my parents know. Of course that could always mean that they've found out but didn't know what to make of it or how (or why) to talk with me about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't see how my parents and siblings don't know but no one has ever brought it up. I suspect they know because of three separate events that happened

The first was when I was thirteen and I went away for a few weeks to my grandparents. I came home to my bedroom replaced with new furniture. A nice gesture from my parents but when I opened my bedroom door I panicked. No way my stash wasn't found. While looking around my new room where my mom (maybe my dad) moved all my stuff I found my stash moved from where it was to a shoe box in the bottom of my closet.

The second time was when I was 16. I was sick *wink wink* and needed to stay home from school. I heard everyone leave or so I thought. I got up multiple times that day to get food from the kitchen, swap laundry I was hiding and such. Must of walked past and through the living room 6-8 times. After I succumb to my hold it game I went to take a shower. When I came out I heard the TV in the living room on. I went out and found my dad on the couch. He just said "Hi, what are you doing home?" to which I replied "I am sick mom let me stay home" followed up with "When did you get home?" my dad usually left for work at 4AM so I had assumed he was gone. He said "I am not feeling great either I have been here all day". I just said feel better and went back to my room. Dad and I weren't exactly close. I don't know if he was asleep on the couch or moving around the house quietly. I wasn't exactly hiding my strutting around the house in a diaper so I feel confident he saw me and just didn't say anything.

The third time I was 17 and my sisters borrowed my car. My older sister flew in and younger sister didn't have her license yet so I didn't think anything about it... until like a half hour later when I remembered I left a pack of diapers in a bag in the back seat. Once they were back I slipped out and went to grab them from my car but they weren't there anymore. The rest of the day I was panicked just being in the same room with them waiting for them to bring it up or throw it out in front of my parents but they never did. A couple days later my younger sister confronted me the hall asking me "Whats up with that bag in your back seat" I knew what she was talking about but played dumb like "huh, what are you talking about". She just said "well I put it in your trunk" and kept walking.

So yeah. I think my family knows and just for some unknown reason never confronted me or pushed the issue. Maybe they all talk about it figured it out behind my back. IDK.

My folks were divorced (dad passed years ago), and each found out because I made the mistake of wearing around them. Neither took it well at all. My mom made me go through a whole bunch of therapy, which accomplished absolutely nothing. Dad didn't understand it at all, but unfortunately passed a few weeks later without warning.

I still live at home, and to this day my mother is a little bit more OK with it, but still disapproves of it.

Pretty sure my whole family knows. I've told this story a couple times, but I doubt it'd kill anybody if I told it again.

The first diapers I owned were girls' Goodnites. I didn't really hide them too well. I just threw them under my bed. Disposing of them was hard, so I'd keep used ones sealed in a ziploc bag until I could get them out discretely. So I had a couple ones I'd worn hidden after one night- a used one from the night before sealed in a bag, and one I'd worn but not used 2 nights ago. You can probably guess where this is going. My mom went in my room to clean, for whatever reason, and came across them. She discarded the 2 used ones, but didn't do anything with the pack itself. Found this out when I saw them sitting in the trash. Fast forward a few months, and I have another pack of Goodnites, plus some Depends w/ tabs. I didn't learn my lesson the first time and kept the same hiding spot. I went off to Scout Camp for a week. My parents come and pick me up at the end. After we get home, I go straight inside and find my diapers sitting out in the open in the kitchen. They found them, and I assume were planning on confronting me. I had another minute before they got inside, so I managed to get them back to my room (my brother was home, but fortunately, he was asleep on the couch). They never did confront me about it, fortunately.

So basically, odds are, my whole family knows. I guess they just don't want to know more and would rather not talk about it. TBH, I'm fine with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back