Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelic

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
I like my dad and his girlfriend but they keep swearing, they are either swearing about the dog or crack out the F word when they messing around with each.

I wouldn't mind but I knocks me out of little space quite harshly! How can I put up with this?

I do swear from time to time. Just not in front of family members or in a professional environment

I swear a lot and I really hate the fact that I do that. So I try to stop it. A good thing is that I never swear when I am in little space and that I've started to blank out swear words in my diary :smile:. Now I "only" have to quit swearing when I pretend to be an adult.

Maybe the best way would be to "desensitise" yourself, so that swearing isn't so jarring...?

You could think of a few fun phrases containing all the swear words that trigger you, and whenever you're not in "little space", just say them to yourself (or out loud if no one else can hear). Maybe the words will seem less shocking after a while...?

I think there's a direct correlation between swearing and anger, so I try to avoid swearing and people who do it themselves a lot.

I not do swear

I try very hard to not say the very bad filthy potty chair words any more, but sometimes I fail to stop saying them.:sad:

I grew up on the infamous, "Jersey Shore" and in near poverty, so as little kids, we swore like the kids from "South Park". I try to control it now, and I never swear when in public. I'm somewhat Borderline Personality, but it takes a twist in that I get mad at objects, mostly ones that don't work, rather than people....usually. I'll swear at things or slow drivers, but they never hear me....haha.

The context of the words matter more than the words themselves.
There is nothing wrong with swearing.

I'm definitely swear. I don't do it quite as much as when I was a teen and actively trying to use swear words more often, but I am not afraid to swear at all. I know some of my posts (particularly ones from the Mature Topics board) will feature swearing. Not because I'm trying to be naughty or spice things up, but mainly because that's just the way I naturally talk. And I swear less on ADISC than I do on other sites and in real life since nearly all my friends swear, and that's just the environment I'm in. My attitude on language is pretty similar to what George Carlin had to say on the topic. I'm not afraid of language or words.

I have problems with swearing too. I swear when I'm stressed and underpressure or when something wasn't successful or when something is not working. Actually I do swear a lot and it helps me weaken the pressure. Scientists think that 'bad' words belong to vocabulary of every person. They think that saying 'bad' words help us when used appropriately(and I agree). I personally hate when someone uses 3 swearing words in one sentence but ,as I said, when used appropriately I'm ok with that. Interesting fact: I was reading about some people with altzheimer. They were not able to say a simple sentence or take care of themselves. However they were very fluent in swearing. Did you know how many swearing words has english language? It's crazy...

I don't swear, but don't mind if other people do if they need to let of stream, but I don't like it when they just swear as part of their normal way of talking.

I can't effing stand peole who talk that shat.

Maybe I need my mouth washed out with soap once and for all to cleanse it of all the filthy potty chair words for good.

Swearing isn't a direct relation to anger, it's relation is to emotion. We are emotional beings, and swearing helps us to convey those emotions quickly and effectively.

Using swear words- periodically- is a sign of intelligence as we are using them as a means to enhance our communication. However, like with most anything, doing it too often is a sign of of the exact opposite.

When ever I hear someone using swear words excessively I let them know this little tidbit. I then tell them their stupidity is showing most every time thereafter. I find it quite effective to get most people to cut back on swearing in a matter of days or a week at the most.

This said, I swear at times too. There's nothing wrong with conveying emotions after all.

I speckle cursing in for comedic effect or if I'm super angry. Otherwise, I say heck and gosh darn and graham crackers and whatever else instead.

I thinkk my swearing seems to be about average. Sometimes, nothing beats a good expletive when you're frustrated or hurt yourself.

Babies shouldn't know what those words even mean ,so I'm not seeing why it would be a huge problem if others were using them. Tone is probably more important but since I'm an adult, I deal with that stuff pretty easily.

It's the tone of voice and knowing that my innocence has been tarnished!

Angelic said:
It's the tone of voice and knowing that my innocence has been tarnished!

All I can suggest is to avoid being in little space when it is not safe to do so. You as an adult are the first line of defense for yourself as a little one.

As I said, I am trying hard to unlearn all the very bad dirty potty chair words for pee-pee, poo-poo, and personal body parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back