Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What would you do if you found out your son/daughter was ABDL?

Default What would you do if you found out your son/daughter was ABDL?

This is for those who have or plan to have kids. What would you do if you came across a pack of ABU diapers while cleaning up your kids room? Would you confront him about it? Would you let him know he isn't alone and divulge your secret? Would you simply ask why and tell him to keep it a secret?

Personally, I wouldn't tell him that I'm into it, but I would let him know that it is okay to have this desire. He could feel free to wear around the house, but covered up and no baby attire unless he was alone. I would let him know that there are others who exist just like him and he shouldn't feel ashamed as long as it doesn't interfere with his real life. Also, he would need to buy his own supplies and make sure he keeps it sanitary. Lastly, he should probably keep it a secret to the outside world because people are cruel and don't understand.

What do you guys think? How would you respond?

I would probably do the same thing. I mean, I'm not gonna tell him or her that it's wrong, especially with how happy it makes me. But maybe I would tell them my secret, but only if that was our relationship. I mean, I hope my kids and I are close, but a secret like that needs really close.

Woo-hoo!

I'd wait until they were 18 before even CONSIDERING telling them; even then it'd be HEAVY CONSIDERATION.

Anymore than that, I'd make sure they were safe, and share bitter greys den about ABDL with them. Finally I'd help them budget in their allowance, and make sure they could get ABU diapers easily. No shame here.

If I had a child and found out they were DL, I'd probably turn a blind eye in the beginning. Maybe I'd leave a non verbal note that I've found out about their "little secret" but let them engage in it in private. If it gets to an optimal point maybe even provide. But this is all theoretical.

It's interesting for me. I know what I'd have wanted as a young person, if my parents had found out, and I've seen what a lot of people here have said when they worried that their parents might have discovered them. Yet when we try to picture ourselves as the parent, we all seem to draw different conclusions than what we would have wanted for ourselves. I'm not sure why that is exactly, maybe an understanding as we get older that we're all dumb as kids, but also a certain difference in perspective when you imagine that your'e responsible for raising someone else.

At any rate, when I was young, if I'd thought that my parents knew, I'd have been really anxious and stressed. It would have helped me a lot to know that they knew and were okay with things. I certainly would not have wanted them to participate, and while I might have fantasized about wearing a diaper around the house, in reality that would have been so awkward and I'd never have done it. So with that in mind, if I were cleaning my future kid's room and found a package of ABDL diapers, I'd straighten it up and the next time we were alone together, I'd say something pretty brief. "Found your diapers the other day. Don't worry about it as long as you're okay, but tell me if you're not. Make sure you keep things clean and hygienic, let me know if you want to talk about it." And then wave it off and change the subject. I'm sure the kid would be incredibly embarrassed about it, but I think that's the kind of thing that would be pretty reassuring in the long run.

Also, I note that the above does assume a somewhat older kid who can buy things for themselves and has at least a general sense of their interests and burgeoning sexuality. If they were a bit younger, there might be more medical worry, or it could be indicative of needing to have a conversation about their sexuality if that had never happened yet (and yes, god that's awkward, but better imo than not having it at all).

My mom seems okay with me doing it, and she isn't one at all. So what I'm saying is that even if I wasn't one myself, I would be supportive and understanding toward my child.

Be completely freaked out... but only because as far as I know I have no children

I guess what I would do would depend on their age and maturity. Regardless I would likely take them out to do something they like to do and then on the way home just bring up what I found. I am not sure if I would give them a chance to respond before I just going over “it’s cool”, “no big deal”, “it’s ok to experiment” with greater elaboration of course. I would talk to them about privacy, cleaning up with an emphasis on not trying to stash or hide anything dirty/used.

Beyond that my reaction would depend on how they reacted to our conversation. If they are embarrassed I would just reassure them not to be and leave it alone till they wanted to engage. If they were more open I wouldn’t press them on why or what is going on in their head. Just let them guide the conversation. Then we would see where their interests would go

If the child was below 18 (none of mine are) I would tell them to write on the shopping list any nappies needed but we are a waste not family.

Now if I found them (and I actually have a no snooping policy since they are all over 18 though I do run a collection of used cups plates and cuttlery from their rooms when they are not home so assuming I spotted them) I certainly wouldn't be talking to them about it but sure I would text them to tell me what ABU products they wanted to include in my next order.

If it was ABU products I would be really proud of their ability to pick quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Argent View Post
    If it was ABU products I would be really proud of their ability to pick quality.
    Only the best for the discerning young ABDL.