Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Expectation vs Experience

Default Expectation vs Experience

After a bit of reading on the forums here I've learned quite a lot already. I have a question for those that came back to diapers later in life by choice.

You had made the decision to try diapers again, I'm sure you had a build up of what it would be like in your head.

Did it live up to the hype and excitement when you first tried them on? Was there something you expected to happen that didn't, and did it work out?

I can see that there is a significant amount of trial and error involved. If things fell kinda flat, what kept you trying?

If you could go back to that first-time, what would tell yourself to do (or not do)?

Thanks for any input I really look forward to reading replies :3

A lot of that depends on what your first "real diaper" is. If you get started with a junk thin store brand diaper, then sometimes you have to wait for a "good experience". But most people have an "OMG this is awesome why did I wait so long to do this?!" experience when they get their hands on good padding.

I can't recall reading anyone here reporting they were disappointed or let down in any way with their first experience with a "real diaper".

First experience was amazing. I didn't really have expectations, just felt a need/desire. I immediately felt happier, more confident, relaxed. It was like I'd been struggling with such negative feelings and suddenly they were gone and I felt positive and energised.

That's kinda what I'm hoping for ^^;; I know it won't just magically fix all my problems as soon as I tape up, but I am imagining just become so much more relaxed and not as... Tied up in knots internally... if that makes any kind of sense? If nothing else I'm hoping for a great way to relax and just destress.

I had to start wearing nappies when I became incontinent and very soon realised I enjoyed being in them. Very soon became unashamedly DL as a result and now couldn't be happier. I love the fact I am dependant on nappies and feel no shame at all about wearing them.

Quote Originally Posted by StayneLion View Post
    That's kinda what I'm hoping for ^^;; I know it won't just magically fix all my problems as soon as I tape up, but I am imagining just become so much more relaxed and not as... Tied up in knots internally... if that makes any kind of sense? If nothing else I'm hoping for a great way to relax and just destress.
    It does make perfect sense. Let us know how you get on.

Quote Originally Posted by mrogers View Post
    It does make perfect sense. Let us know how you get on.
    For sure The samples I ordered on the 31st shoooould hopefully be here by the 10th. Thankfully I won't have to worry about people snooping as my roommate won't go poking around. I expect I'll only wear to bed, and not around the apartment. I walk around in my underwear all the time and he's accustomed to that, buuuut I think the diapers would be too much to handle XD

My experience was much lower than my expectations. This was greatly in part to depends cheapening up their diapers, but also because as a kid I didn't use the really old 80's green depends for 24/7 full blown urge incontinence. Using their "improved" and lesser capable 2000's diapers for much more heavier use was destined to fail.

Had I know what I do now, I would have told myself to to go to a medical supply store (or online) and get only the best premium diapers I could find. Skip all the normal brands, and absolutely do not go with the in store brands.

Growing up in cloth diapers, my initial purchase from a Sears catalog was disappointing. Both from a functional and appearance perspective the pants and diapers were not at all as I remembered from my childhood. Not to be deterred, I eventually found plastic pants (Comco) and cloth diapers (homemade) that were/are very close to my memories.

Thank you for your input guys, I was seriously considering buying a small pack of something from the drugstore, just to tide me over but I guess I'll be patient and wait for the better ones to come in. Why waste my money on something inferior?