Thread: Bathing in my own sweat.

Default Bathing in my own sweat.

It's 40 degrees celisus, roughly 90 degree celisus in my room.

Can this temperature kill me? It's going to be like this for a week, and I have to confess, I'M DRENCHED in sweat, like so much I can slide around on my computer chair, it's bloody everywhere, my keyboard is soaked, my mouse is soaked, and i've got sweat dripping all down my arm onto the floor, and my eyes are killing me. I can't even move around without my vision going all fuzzy, It's so hot if i were to just move around, I would end up passing out, infact even standing up and I feel like passing out.

Arms are itchy, go to itch and I've got a ton of skin peeling off, i'm at the point that all my clothes are soaked, it literally feels as if i've pissed my pants.

Any tips on how to cool me down, my fingers are loosing grip as there "puffing up like they would in the shower)

I'm practically showering in my own sweat. It's soo bad, I'm not exaggerating either It's way beyond room temapture, I spelt water on a towel and it ended up drying in like 5 minutes.

I honestly can't even move around without feeling dizzy as hell. Literally sweat puddles all over the floor. It's not a little sweat, It's a ton, infact i'm surprised I haven't died of dehydration yet. whole hand is even starting to wrinkle. I can feel my arms dripping onto my desk even. Every object in my room burns if i touch it.

It's so bad, I'm actually concerned it's going to kill me.

It's not hot as in I'm sweating a little, it's hot as in, i'm actually drenched in it, looks like i've just come out of a shower, I've literally drank 4 liters of water in like an hour or so....

Keep drinking lots of water and make sure you have enough salt in your diet so you don't flush out all your electrolytes.

Water is normally considered "scalding hot" at around 150F which is about 65.5C. Because at that temperature it actually will scald. So... yes, ambient temperatures above that can easily kill you. o.o; You'd be better off outside.

Keep up the water, make it ice-water if you can to help keep cool. I'll echo Crinklebuttt's suggestion about keeping up a degree of salt intake, and also add that sugar and potassium are important too. I'm rather worried about you. o.o;;

Yeah -- that's pretty dangerous. Heatstroke and dehydration can kill.

It must be affecting your health already. You need to get out of that place and find somewhere cool to live/sleep, even if it's on your mum's sofa.

It is not 90 degrees Celsius - you would already be dead.

You need to leave your room.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaliborio View Post
    It is not 90 degrees Celsius - you would already be dead.

You need to leave your room.
    100 degrees fahrenheit outside, room is roughly between 150-172 fahrenheit

Is as hot as my dad's car, went in there before to see the difference, so it's safe to say it reaches car temaptures, his car was parked in the sun all day, went in there, literally didn't feel a difference.

Dads car is 172 fahrenheit, and my room feels literally the same as that, so... like i felt no difference at all.

Still hot enough to kill me, already had heat exhaustion, and hallucinations from this room multiple times, been up last couple days cause room doesn't cool down.

Ok correction, right now it's 65 degrees celsius in here, but it'll warm up even more later on.... I just measured it with a thermometer.

Left my window closed for some time, It's now 71 degrees.

That's just with my window open.
    Last edited by LittleJess; 06-Jan-2017 at 06:44.

Wow, I can't believe you like getting that hot all the time. In your same shoes I would have moved out months ago.

Just be careful and stay hydrated. You might also want to get a good fan too. It will help improve your sweat evaporation and keep you cooler too.

Quote Originally Posted by Slomo View Post
    Wow, I can't believe you like getting that hot all the time. In your same shoes I would have moved out months ago.
    Totally. I don't understand why anyone would put up with that... :-/

Quote Originally Posted by Slomo View Post
    Just be careful and stay hydrated. You might also want to get a good fan too. It will help improve your sweat evaporation and keep you cooler too.
    You might also be able to make a basic air conditioning unit by soaking some towels in water and using the fan to assist in evaporation, which should use some of the heat energy, reducing the temperature of your inferno.

http://www.appropedia.org/How_to_cool_a_room_with_water
    http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/5-ti...-during-152170