Mattress protector

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheresaRuth

Contributor
Role
Hello all,
My friend is an AB and she's really worried everyday because she's not able to get good sleep as her mattress gets spoiled when she sleeps. She has incontinence ans she used to cry often telling me that she lost her sleep due to this. She's undergoing treatment, but till now I couldn't figure out any improvement in her situation. Recently I happened to read an article which had details about mattress protector and encasement ( http://www.surplusfurniture.com/blog/mattress-protector-vs-encasement/ ). It seems to be a great idea, and I was thinking of purchasing one and giving it to her so that she can sleep peacefully without getting worried about her mattress. Is this a good idea?? How can I help her to get good sleep??

Oh yeah you have to have a mattress protector.... can't believe everyone doesn't use them.

Of course they are a must for diaper fails or hot nights to guard against perspiration getting into your mattress but also they keep excess dust from getting in along with any other contaminants.

With a mattress protector when you fit new sheets it's like sleeping on a new bed :)

My preference is a fitted crinkly plastic sheet but they are not really practicle if you are sleeping with others.

Argent said:
Oh yeah you have to have a mattress protector.... can't believe everyone doesn't use them.

Of course they are a must for diaper fails or hot nights to guard against perspiration getting into your mattress but also they keep excess dust from getting in along with any other contaminants.

With a mattress protector when you fit new sheets it's like sleeping on a new bed :)

My preference is a fitted crinkly plastic sheet but they are not really practicle if you are sleeping with others.

They're just fine if the one you're sleeping with is just as much a crinkle-butt as you are ;)

They also make some which appear like cloth padding, which is the kind I use. They don't crinkly and they're thick enough to make the mattress a bit more comfortable. The best part though is the protection as they are also waterproof.

I'd check places like Wal-Mart, Target, etc. I think I found em in the same aisle as the pillows, but I guess every store will be different. Also make sure you know the size of her bed too, and hang onto the receipt just in case.

It's really nice that you care about your friend enough to try to help them out.

A waterproof matress protector is a must have for any one who ia incontinent, i would also recommend getting several washable watterproof pads for ontop od the sheet this way if she leaks and she will it handles the leak keeping the bottom sheet dry.
she can then swap out the pad with a dry one when she changes her diaper after the leak.

i have 5 washable pads so I never have to worry, so far they have prevented any leak from reaching the sheets or the main matress protector. you can never have to muxhmorotection for the mattress,

More important than a mattress protector, your girlfriend needs to be using diapers that actually work. They shouldn't be leaking on her that much, but because they do it is stressing her out along with getting her bed wet, and that is what's affecting her sleep.

Even with my heavy wetting and side sleeping, my confidry diapers with a baby diaper booster usually won't leak on me more than once or twice a month.

For those times I do leak, I also have a washable bed pad. This will catch the wetting, and is easy to replace so I can just go back to sleep. The wet pad just goes in my laundry basket and I never have to worry about laundry or changing the sheets either- let alone the mattress.

Once she finds a diaper that works, (along with a mattress protector, and a bed pad), then she'll be able to sleep better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back