Status
Not open for further replies.

Starsdreamland

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I really wanna wear but I'm afraid to as I have a uti and am basically waiting until I finish my antibiotics to wear again but is it okay if I don't? Is that a bad idea idk

I can't say either way honestly. It may be detrimental to wear a diaper, and seeking a professional for this sort of thing may be recommended. But for me, whenever I had that weird burning feeling in my pee, where it felt like I was always needing to go, even if I just went, it was good to have something that I could go into without having to go to the bathroom every 5 minutes...

Idk whether what I'm describing is a uti or not. I would only get it for a few hours to half a day at a time, whereas when my gf gets a uti, she would have it indefinitely until she took her antibiotics for a few days. It may affect guys differently. But for me, the comfort of just letting the pee come out without any restrictions, even if it did burn, helped me get over whatever made the burning feeling. Eventually I would get to a regular pee feeling, and all would be well and good...but again, I'm not going to say either way if wearing a diaper is a good thing, simply because I have no idea xD

I would suggest not to if don't need to because it can make it worse if you do. I would suggest if really need to for medical of ic then do, but if not medical just stop for a while. Also wearing an adult diaper can cause an UTI by staying in a wet diaper too long from bacteria build up so you should change offend and keep clean will help.

Drink water or cranberry juice because it natural diuretic to it will help flush out the bacteria from system over time.

The only time I was warned about wearing is after radioactive imaging. I was instructed to change as quickly as possible after voiding, and dispose of the diapers as medical waste (not in the trash).

If you are male, there should be no issue with wearing a diaper during a UTI. The risk is caused by bacteria making its way inside your bladder, but your urethra will remain closed, and the pathway will be sealed off. If this were a risk, we'd get UTIs when we otherwise didn't have them from diapers.

But for Starsdreamland and OhHeyThere, you both may or may not be describing a kidney stone passing as well. Both a UTI and a kidney stone when passing from the bladder out will cause blood in the urine, and a burning sensation when voiding. They can be very tiny, as little as 1-2mm, but will get caught along the way due to sharp edges and cut the urethra. This is where the burning comes from during voiding. Urine going over those cuts.

If you've had what felt like abdominal cramps and possible nausea in the past eight or so weeks, that couldve' been caused by the kidney stone traveling from the kidney to the bladder. You might mistake it for intestinal pain as it is very similar. Constant waves of short, sharp pain that goes away and comes back over and over, which is the ureter trying to push it along. It can take a lot longer for it to migrate out of the bladder.

Phenazopyridine will help relieve the burning sensation regardless of whether it's a UTI or kidney stone. But do keep in mind it also turns the urine red, which is easily mistakeable for blood.

I wouldn't for now just to keep it safe.

goten said:
Phenazopyridine will help relieve the burning sensation regardless of whether it's a UTI or kidney stone. But do keep in mind it also turns the urine red, which is easily mistakeable for blood.

This is AZO, right? It was so freaky seeing my gf's pee in the toilet. It looked like orange Gatorade xD

OhHeyThere said:
This is AZO, right? It was so freaky seeing my gf's pee in the toilet. It looked like orange Gatorade xD

I had a nasty UTI last year and the bladder relaxant medicine they give you turns your pee bright orange. My UTI put me into horrible pain and I went to the emergency room at 1:00 a. m. in the morning. My white underwear turned bright orange because I had trouble holding my urine. Our son took both my wife and I to the hospital so he was there as well. Every time I had to pee, I was cursing because of the pain. Fortunately, the IV antibiotics they gave me kicked in and I went home around 4 in the morning.

That said, I would recommend not wearing a diaper during a UTI episode, especially for a girl. It's just not worth the risk.

I'll say this... I've gotten several mildish UTI's in the past. I never needed to get meds, but there was pain and discharge. Honestly, the only time I seemed to get relief is when I peed. It's like the lining of my urethra was inflamed and sticking together when unused hurt. So when I peed, I got a brief spike in pain, followed by relief, that lasted usually a good 20 minutes.

So to that end, I spent the entire time diapered, drinking plenty of fluids, and urinating frequently, *in small amounts*. This greatly reduced my suffering during the last few "incidents", as when the pain woke me up, I could go a little and get some relief, and get right back to sleep. This was partly my inspiration to always be thickly diapered to bed to avoid nightly potty runs as well. I generally was able to kick my UTIs in a few days with this process, though I don't know if this would be considered speeding up recovery or not.

YMMV

would you be asking this question if you were incontinent and dependent on diapers?

You can of course wear a diaper. IDK what your into but I'd probably not drop heat in it and then sit around on it, mashing into your junk.

Urine is sterile, so as long as you change within a reasonable amount of time, no bacteria should grow, and the antibiotics your taking should prevent any new infection anyway.

my basic point above is I suspect keeping fresh urine flowing regularly helped clean out my urethra. I don't think the problem made it to my bladder or kidneys fortunately, but I would expect a bladder UTI would also benefit from high throughput and keeping empty as much as possible. So if you can't be going off to the bathroom constantly, (like my not wanting to get out of bed 20 times a night) then maybe diapers can actually help with your UTI.

Absolutely yes. Just make sure you change at least every 8 hours or sooner (overnight you can go a little longer, but as soon as you wake up). This is so no bacteria can take root and grow in a warm & moist environment like a diaper. Also make sure you drink plenty of fluids (cranberry is most recommended for uti's) to help keep your urinary system constantly flushed clean.

Follow these two basic rules and you can even use an open catheter in a diaper too- without too much risk of infections that is.

Just for the record, I don't believe urine is sterile if you have a UTI, because your urinary tract is infected with bacteria. You may be reinfecting yourself by wearing a wet diaper.

But the bacteria will have to travel from your diaper back inside your urethra again, and that's very unlikely to happen.

Even if you make contact with a saturated part of the diaper, bacteria doesn't move that quickly to get in there and somehow make things worse than they already are.

That said I'm not a doctor, so if you want an abundance of caution and don't mind going to the toilet every five minutes during a UTI, then you can certainly play it safe.

That's right. As long as you stay well hydrated then your urine will, constantly enough, be flowing out.

Plus, any bacteria that just came from inside your bladder isn't exactly going to be able to infect you even more somehow. Its the foreign bacteria in the air you have to be careful of. Of course it takes time for enough of that air born bacteria to take root in a wet diaper and multiply enough to actually infect you. Change often enough and this will never happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back