Status
Not open for further replies.

LifeGoesOn223

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Carer
Took me half an hour to shorten this question but here I go.

Has anyone ever while travelling without there teddy found that after a few days ( 3 in my case normally ) they start to want to get there teddy and hug and love teddy? And also regret not taking teddy along?

I have literally ended holidays just so I can get back to my teddy.

Pooh bear is like my cpap machine, necessary for the health of the user. Had to spend a night without both and it wasn't a good night either

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hahaha, It's like a craving kicks in for me but its real desperate. But at times its horrible but its a form of insecurity I'm guessing.

LifeGoesOn223 said:

Has anyone ever while travelling without there teddy found that after a few days ( 3 in my case normally ) they start to want to get there teddy and hug and love teddy? And also regret not taking teddy along?

Yes.

Peter Rabit has to come to.

One night with out him OK two not so much, threes nan,

And pasifer tooooo.

Siysiy

When I do travel for long periods for a few nights away I'll typically find myself on a plane. And I am self conscious that security is gonna some how spot my teddy. And also the fact that I feel silly for thinking of bringing it.

Honey, it is no ones business what you bring in your bag (as long as it is not a bomb). Take your teddy with you every time you go somewhere, it is a part of you and that is just beautiful. I hate to travel and those awful times when I'm forced to do it I a-l-w-a-y-s bring something from little space to keep me calm. Do not feel silly, having a teddy is cool as f*dge.

Last time I flew, TSA went to open my bag, and I joked to be careful there was a vicious teddy bear in the bag

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've taken my stuffed animal on planes with zero issues or anyone making a weird gesture towards me.

When we have our adults kids visiting and living at the house, I hide my plushies in the bedroom closet and sleep without my big teddy. It does bother me, and to make things worse, my wife teases me saying my plushies are "in the closet".

Absolutely. I'm ok enough to sleep without my teddy for a few days at most. Anything longer (and usually always anyways) and I will make sure to bring one along with me.

My boyfriend and I live in different cities, but sometimes I'll make the trip down for a week or so. I need both my pillow and and teddy (his name is Alfie) but occasionally if I go down for a shorter trip I leave Alfie home. I don't always need him but I hate not bringing him with me.

He also tends to fall out of bed at my boyfriend's too and that stresses me out even more ^^

LifeGoesOn223 said:

Believe it or not, I travel with my 'teddy' very publicly. My 'teddy' is a fairly big Groudon Pokémon plush who I call "Big Red". He's with me at departures, the airline check-in desk, goes with me through security, to the airplane gate and on to the airplane itself. I couldn't imagine traveling without him. While most everyone just ignores him -- I only ever get good reactions when they don't. I just hug and cuddle him when someone notices him -- mostly kids traveling with their parents. Some adults will ask me where he is from or what his name is. One flight attendant recognized him and told me they were Team Valor (a Pokémon GO, reference). One elderly lady told me it was so cute and awesome I travel with him!

groudon-1.jpg

So ... don't be afraid to travel with your teddy. Or, at least, feel free to pack your teddy for your travel!

- - - Updated - - -

LifeGoesOn223 said:
When I do travel for long periods for a few nights away I'll typically find myself on a plane. And I am self conscious that security is gonna some how spot my teddy. And also the fact that I feel silly for thinking of bringing it.
You want to know something else? I take a whole duffle bag full of stuffies with me. My employeer pays the baggage fee when I travel, so, why not?

IMG_1085.jpg IMG_1105.jpg

The hotel housekeeping staff is usually pretty respectful about them, too. Like when they make my bed for me while I'm at work they usually prop the stuffies on the bed back up.

Last edited:
I regularly travel with my bear. The maids usually nicely tuck him in or place him sitting up when they make the bed.

I usually don't travel with my plushies to minimize the weight or to gain some spaces in my bag. But, in the end,I do miss hugging something at night.

It's especially harder when going to my parent's house when I'm usually alone (no girlfriend, no pushies) and I tend to feel very lonely in my bed then.

I'm gonna say maybe Walmart? I worked there for 5 years and it was common to see themed throws like this in the bedding section. Usually around 20 bucks (Cad). I wish I had picked some up during my time working there, they had so many good ones XD

I can't imagine a spending a night without my plushies. If I were to go on a trip I would have to bring one with me.

I always travel with at least two plushies now. There was a period of my life, from the middle of high school through college, where I didn't sleep with plushies, but then I took back to it in law school as a form of stress relief and now I travel everywhere with them. I usually take my plush fox out of my bag on plane flights because she's also a perfect neck pillow and I've never had anyone say anything bad or even make a weird face about it.

BluMew said:
Believe it or not, I travel with my 'teddy' very publicly. My 'teddy' is a fairly big Groudon Pokémon plush who I call "Big Red". He's with me at departures, the airline check-in desk, goes with me through security, to the airplane gate and on to the airplane itself. I couldn't imagine traveling without him. While most everyone just ignores him -- I only ever get good reactions when they don't. I just hug and cuddle him when someone notices him -- mostly kids traveling with their parents. Some adults will ask me where he is from or what his name is. One flight attendant recognized him and told me they were Team Valor (a Pokémon GO, reference). One elderly lady told me it was so cute and awesome I travel with him!

View attachment 28273

So ... don't be afraid to travel with your teddy. Or, at least, feel free to pack your teddy for your travel!

- - - Updated - - -

You want to know something else? I take a whole duffle bag full of stuffies with me. My employeer pays the baggage fee when I travel, so, why not?

View attachment 28274 View attachment 28275

The hotel housekeeping staff is usually pretty respectful about them, too. Like when they make my bed for me while I'm at work they usually prop the stuffies on the bed back up.

Dolphin said:
That's such a cool PAW Patrol blanket! Where did you get it at?

I agree, cool blanket, and the Charmander and Mew plushies are cute too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back