Accidentally Outing/Exposing Yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.

trouble63

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Have you ever accidentally exposed your diaper or"outed" yourself ? How did this make you feel? Were you humiliated, aggravated or maybe you didn't care? Did it resonate with you or could you just let it go?

Example: last winter I went to a medical lab to have routine blood work done. I wore an Abena M4, a plastic cover, jeans, a t shirt not tucked in and a pull over hoodie.

When I was called back the technician asked me to remove my jacket. Not thinking about my diaper, I did as told. As I pulled my jacket over my head, unfortunately, my t shirt followed. As I got my jacket over my head and quickly rearranged my t shirt, I looked over to see the technician staring at my waist undoubtedly seeing the plastic pants and diaper sticking out over the top of my jeans.

As I looked back at her, she smiled. Nothing was said. She drew my blood, I got my jacket, signed the paper wk and left.

At first I was annoyed with myself for letting it happen. As I got back in my car and drove home, I felt humiliated by the experience. Though, after the incident settled in, I sort of liked it. It has stayed with me because I still think about it almost a yr later and still wonder what the technician thought.

This was a fairly innocuous experience overall, but I learned. Had I done that at work or in front of friends, I would have been devistated.

So, what was your experience and how did you deal with it?

Last edited:
Accidentally outing one's self is bound to happen occasionally when one wears full-time. It's always a strange experience.

I first went into diapers after a major neurological meltdown. Woke up one morning unable to pee. By 2:00 PM I needed to head to the ER for retention. Told my wife I wasn't going to the hospital without showering, and while showering the floodgates opened... and wouldn't close. My wife ran to the pharmacy to pick up Depends so I could exit the shower. Trauma nurse said don't bother going to the ER as I was out of danger, but by midnight my body was shutting down, requiring an ambulance ride to the hospital. After an MRI and spinal tap I was given heavy meds and slept. I woke up the next morning when two nurses walked in to my room. I realized I couldn't move a muscle (quadriplegic) and started getting very upset, demanding what was wrong with me. The bed was soaked from head to foot. The first nurse pulled my covers back and the second nurse exclaimed, "He's in diapers!" The first nurse led the second nurse out of the room and returned a few minutes later. She quietly changed the bed and my diaper, and told me the doctor would be in soon to talk to me. After that incidence I determined that I would NEVER be humiliated by something I had no control over.

I have blood draws frequently, and learned to simply pull one arm out of its sleeve, if I accidentally wore a long sleeve pull over. Too many waist sightings have happened that way. Also learned to tell health professionals in advance that I am wearing if there is a chance they might see something. Nothing like going in for something non chest related and they ask you to lift your shirt so they can listen to your chest.

I always make sure my clothing more than adequately covers everything, but there have been times when I reached for something in public and exposed my waistband. I try my best to prevent it, but sometimes it happens. I don't care, but there have been a few reactions from someone nearby. Always priceless.

it comes with the territory of having to wear, eventualy you get to the point you do not care if some one sees your diaper.

I've outed myself I think once, maybe twice?
1st one, It was in the summer and my neighbors were hanging out on the porch, they called over and said come over, I grab a beer and walked over, I was wearing a total dry x plus under shorts and a t shirt, while sitting I reached forward and I know my shirt rode up my back exposing the white plastic, I know my one neighbor saw it because she got quiet after that for a couple minutes, I was embarrassed at 1st but that went away after a day or two.
The second one, I was at a bar and an old friend from school squeezed my butt, being friendly / trying to be funny, I know she felt the bulk because she gave me a weird look afterwards, but the conversation just kept going like nothing happened, I think it was more of a caught moment.
3rd one was not me but I was out with some abdl friends, we were at the mall and my one buds onesie wasn't buttoned and the back flap was just dangling out in the open while he was walking around, had no clue till I told him in the parking lot, cause that when I saw it.

I wear for my comfort and stress management, not so I can expose myself. Although I may be clumsy at times, I try my best to be discreet. I also don't beleive a diaper under jeans and a shirt is immediately visible. Also, I don't feel what is under my clothes is anyone else's business.

I imagine I must have at least a few times but just didn't notice lol. It's not something I overly concern myself with.
Well, there actually was the one time at the airport where I got pulled off to the side and they patted me down and checked my waist. It was certainly noticeable then and ya I was embarrassed, but with how many of those they do a day it's got to happen common enough. I was more worried about missing my flight than my diaper being exposed lol.

Note said:
According to your info-pan you wear for Incontinence (and for DL reasons) but that's also besides the point. Point is, The Abena M4 is not exactly a discrete diaper, I've worn a few myself. Unless it's very well hidden, anyone taking a good look at your crotch will notice an outline of some type, especially if wet.

I feel it's more noticable to those who wear diapers and less noticable to those who do not. Most people wouldn't even notice the outline if there was one. There is a pretty good chance there isn't an outline at all if you where clothes that are fairly loose.

Note said:
Which is exactly what I meant when I said "unless it's very well hidden".

The Abena S4/M4/L4 were never meant to be an active and discreet style diaper anyway, they are designed for bedridden patients with limited mobility issues, hence the bulk and being of a tape up style. You want something less obvious your best bet is to use one that is designed for mobility.

Ya, you do have a valid point. If you are looking to not get caught it's pretty counter-intuitive to wear a diaper that makes it more likely that it will be noticed XD.

My anxiety (stress) and incontinence are interrelated. It's a vicious cycle to me. Thanks for the diagnosis anyway, it appears to be worth consideration.

I didn't realize the M4 was for those with limited mobility. I thought I had any visible outline covered by my shirt tail. Either way, I now use Tena Stretch Ultima.

I think it's great that these posts well analyzed and policed. As a new member I see I'll need to be more careful when sharing my experience.

I know there's been at least one time when my padding was accidentally exposed. I was shoe-shopping while wearing an Always Discreet, and when I sat down to try on a pair my shirts and jacket rode up.

Then there was the time I went out to dinner on my dad's birthday, and didn't know until I was back at home that I was walking around with a blue tape from an Abena L4 in my hair...

trouble63 said:
Either way, I now use Tena Stretch Ultima.

If that is insufficient to your needs, you might try a booster like the Bambino Quadro. I use them in conjunction with Tena Stretch Super (which is more absorbent than the Ultima) and I do not believe that the combo is visible under my blue jeans.

In any case, the diaper will swell with use so one's choice is either possibly noticeable due to swelling or definitely noticeable due to leaks.

trouble63 said:
My anxiety (stress) and incontinence are interrelated. It's a vicious cycle to me. Thanks for the diagnosis anyway, it appears to be worth consideration.

I didn't realize the M4 was for those with limited mobility. I thought I had any visible outline covered by my shirt tail. Either way, I now use Tena Stretch Ultima.

I think it's great that these posts well analyzed and policed. As a new member I see I'll need to be more careful when sharing my experience.

I wouldn't read too much into this exchange. It's not that hard to wear a diaper like Abena M4 discreetly and in any event, the patrols of the diaper police are pretty thinly dispersed. I've been doing this for quite some time and I hang out with other diapered friends. I can often tell when they're wearing but it's more because I know the signs and it's a subject I'm interested in. The rest of the world is only rarely interested in what's going on in someone else's pants.

To the original question: I'm not sure I've exposed myself so far, despite doing some months long 24/7 stretches. I realized after the fact that I might have done so when out fishing on a crowded bridge. In the course of my casting before I remembered I was diapered, it's possible that someone might have seen. No one had anything to say, nor should they.

Kenn said:
If that is insufficient to your needs, you might try a booster like the Bambino Quadro. I use them in conjunction with Tena Stretch Super (which is more absorbent than the Ultima) and I do not believe that the combo is visible under my blue jeans.

I've used the Stretch Super too. They are a little thicker and are more absorbent. I tried the Stretch Ultra and liked them a little better. I do use a Tranquility Super booster if I feel like I need a little extra absobancy wether I'm wearing a Stretch Ultra, an M4 or a Dry 24/7. Honestly, I don't think there is a dramatic difference between the Ultra and Super.

Note said:
Just stating the facts, no need to discredit any helpful or practicle advice I have already given. Major Incontinence manufacturers design those more discreet briefs for a reason, I was just pointing out why.

When I see some advice that's helpful or practical, I'll avoid discrediting it. When I see advice that appears to be rooted in fear and loathing, I'll call it out, particularly when it's pointed at someone new who might mistakenly believe the viewpoint is the norm within the community.

People wear thicker diapers than an Abena 4 discreetly. I generally prefer thinner but I've been with discreet ABDLs wearing serious diapers plenty of times.

Trevor said:
When I see some advice that's helpful or practical, I'll avoid discrediting it. When I see advice that appears to be rooted in fear and loathing, I'll call it out, particularly when it's pointed at someone new who might mistakenly believe the viewpoint is the norm within the community.

People wear thicker diapers than an Abena 4 discreetly. I generally prefer thinner but I've been with discreet ABDLs wearing serious diapers plenty of times.

Indeed. I have worn thicker diapers (Abena M4, ConfiDry 24/7, etc.) on numerous occasions out in public, and as far as I know, no one noticed anything. I am not sure if I have accidentally exposed myself either, but I have gotten to a point where I wouldn't care if someone saw my diaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back