Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: having computer problems

Default having computer problems

ok, my mom recently made me wipe the computer and put the operating system back on and now i don't have sound and my internet lags on some sites which it never did before and it's really starting to stress me out because all my mom will do is say "o, this is good for your to try and figure out" which just pisses me off more because i don't have any interest in fixing computers. PLZ PLZ help.

my friends said there might be something wrong with the drivers so i tried looking up stuff and trying to fix it but i am so lost right now i don't know what to do

What to you mean by "Lags". But yeah, Re-installing windows means you'll have to re-install all of the drivers. Sometimes Windows Update might download a few. But you're going to have to find out the makes and modles of your Graphics Car, and southbridge/chipset.
    CPUID
    I use that to help track them down.
    Also, look in your device manager, it will have the Yellow question-mark for devices that haven't got the proper drivers.
    I think *on top of my head* Right-click on "my computer" in the start menu> Properties > Hardware > device manager.

it lags like when you scroll down the page jumps from spot to spot insted of just scrolling

Quote Originally Posted by UnMarth View Post
    What to you mean by "Lags". But yeah, Re-installing windows means you'll have to re-install all of the drivers. Sometimes Windows Update might download a few. But you're going to have to find out the makes and modles of your Graphics Car, and southbridge/chipset.
    CPUID
    I use that to help track them down.
    Also, look in your device manager, it will have the Yellow question-mark for devices that haven't got the proper drivers.
    I think *on top of my head* Right-click on "my computer" in the start menu> Properties > Hardware > device manager.
    what?, i did the thing with the yellow question marks it didn't do anything, i am so confused about how to find this stuff and stressed out i can't get my computer to work i almost started crying

The 'lag' is with the scroll wheel on the mouse. Install the OS, then install the Motherboard Drivers if you built it yourself, then the Graphics Card Drivers, and then the software/hardware drivers. If you bought it and got a recovery cd, that should reformat and install everything just like you had bought it. I hate messing with prebuilts though, so best of luck.

Don't panic! Give us the exact make and model of your computer, and then I'll post back with all the drivers for you to install -- simple and easy, just download, point and click.

Just go to the manufacturer's website, go to the support section, type in your model, and you should find a page listing the drivers you'll want along with links to download them.

The dudes above me are right about the drivers and crap...

This is easier-

Driver Genius Professional Edition - Backup, restore and update all your drivers in several mouse clicks.

Go there, download Driver Genius, (15-day trial) it'll automatically find, download, install, and backup any and all drivers you need, it also updates the driver's if need be). Heck of a lot easier than going everywhere to find the stupid things.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultraman View Post
    The dudes above me are right about the drivers and crap...

This is easier-

Driver Genius Professional Edition - Backup, restore and update all your drivers in several mouse clicks.

Go there, download Driver Genius, (15-day trial) it'll automatically find, download, install, and backup any and all drivers you need, it also updates the driver's if need be). Heck of a lot easier than going everywhere to find the stupid things.
    It may be easier, but you learn where these things are if you actually go out and hell, you might even learn something else XD. Plus, I wouldn't trust anything like that, I can see it installing a virus from a hacked server now LOL.

i'm just gonna let my friends look at my comp. there dad fixes comp. for a job