Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why do I always think of the future and feel so scared...

Default Why do I always think of the future and feel so scared...

I know someone is going to go I'm the same way, but I really don't think you are. Every night when I go to sleep I always seem to think of when my parents die and brothers are grown that I'm always going to be alone. I'm not really close with my brothers, but I can't stop thinking about when my parents, grandparents die and I'm all alone. It's just killing me. I'm afraid I'll be alone forever and I don't know what to do about it.

Things will work out when the time comes I'm sure. I have one grandparent left, my advice is enjoy what you have while you have it. You at least have your brothers and even if you think you're not close try loosing one. I lost my brother (+5 years on me) to the war in Iraq, such a large gap between us meant constant fighting but that didn't mean we didn't still care for each other. Admittedly I think the same things sometimes and I'm not saying things won't be lonely but forever is a long time. You can't have daytime without the night, good weather without the storm; that what I started telling myself in order to see past the bad.

Start thinking about all the new and interesting people you are going to meet tomorrow.

" The future's so bright, I've gotta wear shades "

Well the people that come before us will in all likelihood pass away before us and in any case someone is left to grief. For example my only sister died in a car accident a few years back and both of our parents are alive, they and everyone else in the family had grief.

Grief is one of the things we as humans will always have as long as we are close to each other which we have to be just to keep our species alive. It does suck but having emotions is one curial part to being human. Personally I would prefer to feel sad, rather then feel nothing at all. Which is one of the main reasons I can stand/like what many would consider depressing music.

I sometimes have similar morbid thoughts, but if you look at what you DO have, - friends, cousins, u could get to know your brothers more etc

then some of the bad goes away (but i s'pose that losing any parent will not allow ALL the bad to go)

Hey this looks like the same post at WP. I better head over there and check that thread out. It be a funny coincidence if they were both two different posts but with the same title.

Nah, I posted that there to. Wanted two forums to get more thoughts on it.

@Calico: Don't mention nothing about this over there , I'm still trying not to let people know about this side of me

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    ...Grief is one of the things we as humans will always have as long as we are close to each other which we have to be just to keep our species alive. It does suck but having emotions is one curial part to being human. Personally I would prefer to feel sad, rather then feel nothing at all. Which is one of the main reasons I can stand/like what many would consider depressing music.
    Curiously, my mom passed away(cancer) in January, and I have yet to go through any grieving process. I have shed no tears, nor have I really felt sad. When my dad informed me that she'd passed away, I literally said, "Well, that sucks." Twenty minutes later, I went to work.

On-topic: There's no way of knowing how things will turn out. You may yet live to see the future play out, either as a nightmare as you seem to invision it, or as a dream. As time drags on, you will lose people, it is inevitable, but even as you lose somebody, you will in all probability gain many more. Your parents and siblings may be the closest people to your heart at present, but things change, you may fall in love, get married and start a family of your own. I find it much more comforting not to worry about what may be or what was, but focus on the now, how things are, and go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    Nah, I posted that there to. Wanted two forums to get more thoughts on it.

@Calico: Don't mention nothing about this over there , I'm still trying not to let people know about this side of me
    You didn't like the PM I sent you?