Just Bought my First Adult Sized Diapers, What should I expect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyLink9

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
I just ordered my first case of Preschool Abu's Cloth Backed yesterday. They are going to get here Friday. I've never had a diaper that is actually sized to fit me before. The only things I have ever gotten to try has been Pull-ups and small Huggies diapers that I got from my brother when he was younger. I recently bought 2 packs of Goodnights a couple months ago and now I wanna get something my size.

Is there anything I need to know about an adult size diapers? I don't remember what it was like when diapers would fit me so is it gonna leak? Is there anything
I need to know that is different when cleaning up? I'm excited but have no idea what I'm getting into.

expect the ability to breathe comfortably when taped up, expect it to go much higher up on your waist, expect ridiculously big leak guards compared to what you have had previously. expect you will notice having something on at all time especially while walking

rennecfox said:
expect the ability to breathe comfortably when taped up, expect it to go much higher up on your waist, expect ridiculously big leak guards compared to what you have had previously. expect you will notice having something on at all time especially while walking

What do you mean by breathe comfortably when taped up, and how high we talking on the waist? Haha :laugh:

I mean at least for me when I have had diapers a size too small breathing would often lead to tape pops. As for how high on the waist it goes up to about where the belly button is.

rennecfox said:
I mean at least for me when I have had diapers a size too small breathing would often lead to tape pops. As for how high on the waist it goes up to about where the belly button is.

Cool, Thanks for the reply!

Diaper Heaven if you've got the right one :biggrin:

You should expect the incoming omg these diapers are awesome, why did I wait so long???? Then...They have thicker ones too? Then you have a dilemma on your hands... Do you buy space, paws, or simple.

MeTaLMaNN1983 said:
You should expect the incoming omg these diapers are awesome, why did I wait so long???? Then...They have thicker ones too? Then you have a dilemma on your hands... Do you buy space, paws, or simple.

I've got Paws and simple to chose from at the moment

MeTaLMaNN1983 said:
Do you buy space, paws, or simple.

Depends (no don't buy those, j/k but seriously, don't buy depends) on what you like, they are are all the same shell, the prints whats different.

parcelboy2 said:
I've got Paws and simple to chose from at the moment
Me too XD, along with some others. These are my favorites though.

I remember the first time I actually wore a diaper that was made for adults. The first thing I remember about it was how big they are compared to a goodnite. I also remember how terrible I was at taping at first. It's amazing to finally get diapers that fit you and can hold more than a single wetting. I hope you enjoy finally getting to wear a real adult diaper, after that you won't want to go back to anything smaller.

rennecfox said:
Depends (no don't buy those, j/k but seriously, don't buy depends) on what you like, they are are all the same shell, the prints whats different.
Judging by your avatar, Paws it is! Lol.

I've bought/tried Depends years ago. If you only knew what it was like back then. Depend used to have an overnight option that was ok. They even used to sell booster pads. Today they are garbage and completely over priced.

IanDL said:
I just ordered my first case of Preschool Abu's Cloth Backed yesterday. They are going to get here Friday. I've never had a diaper that is actually sized to fit me before. The only things I have ever gotten to try has been Pull-ups and small Huggies diapers that I got from my brother when he was younger. I recently bought 2 packs of Goodnights a couple months ago and now I wanna get something my size.
I
Is there anything I need to know about an adult size diapers? I don't remember what it was like when diapers would fit me so is it gonna leak? Is there anything
I need to know that is different when cleaning up? I'm excited but have no idea what I'm getting into.

Sounds exciting, have fun when your package arrives!

Wearing diapers too tightly around the waist can be uncomfortable and, I think, increases the chance that they will leak. This is coming from personal experience, so take what I say with a grain of salt. Now, I haven't figured out how to get a diaper to fit properly, but maybe someone else can share how to.

I don't think cleanup will be much different than what you're already used to.

The big thing you will notice - Is that the box is massive. If you got a full case, well, good luck working out where to fit them :p

Like wearing a nice fluffy pillow :)

IanDL said:

Expect a trial and error period of knowing how to put them on for the best fit - how much urine they will hold and for how long a period - what clothing can worn over the diaper -
if a moisture proof diaper (outer) covering is necessary to prevent leaks - is the outer clothing going to FULLY cover your diaper when out and about in public - are you comfortable
with this - #1 may not be a terrible mess more of an odor problem BUT the biggie factor #2 and the hygiene to clean up and cope with this not so pleasant thing after all "Shit does Happens" -
is this going to be a regular event at home not so much a problem but what about at work or out and about in the public - can you plan your clean up in aisle 1 (small restroom) or do
you or will you require more space (perhaps handicap stall) to effectively and efficiently - how do you plan on carrying any extra diapers about your person and any other gear i.e. baby wipes
necessary to take care of your needs.

OK you probably have thought all that through - how much time did you plan on this clean up and is your scheduling adequate to not delay your daily activities meetings agendas etc. - your family
close friends may know of your diaper wearing but have you made plans for a work-around when nature interrupts your requirements with other public persons.

Re: buying diapers - does what you have bought fit and fit right - are you on a budget - buying cheap may not be the answer you have planned - can you buy in bulk quantity to get a price break -
Maybe you will need a diaper with ample absorption or pads liners or even doubling to go the distance between changes - diapers like persons that wear them are sized and have various features
there is no one size or type that fits all - so as I started - trial and error will get you some of the answers - forum respondents offer critic for further consideration - Good Luck getting something
that you can comfortably live with and is within budget and availability !

The good thing is that Preschools have a tape panel and will allow you to adjust and learn how to properly apply a diaper.

For the best results, check out some of the articles and threads explaining the best methods of putting a diaper on. Save some aggravation and be a little knowledgeable before jumping into the pot.

MeTaLMaNN1983 said:
The good thing is that Preschools have a tape panel and will allow you to adjust and learn how to properly apply a diaper.

For the best results, check out some of the articles and threads explaining the best methods of putting a diaper on. Save some aggravation and be a little knowledgeable before jumping into the pot.

Ooh, I'd like to read those articles and threads. Where are they on this website?

okram said:
The big thing you will notice - Is that the box is massive. If you got a full case, well, good luck working out where to fit them :p

Good point there. Even though I was used to mail-ordering stuff, I wasn't mentally prepared for the size of the box. And the weight. A case of diapers is fairly heavy. (the good ones anyway, with sap)

IanDL said:
I'm excited but have no idea what I'm getting into.

Be excited, experiment and enjoy! The pleasure of wearing adult diapers is tremendous. In my case I prefer them on the larger side - I'm a medium but usually buy large. But such matters are for yourself to discover. You may want plastic pants (outers) as well - especially if you plan to poop in your diapers. Outers do not really protect against leaking (which generally only occurs if you use your diapers to the max), but they are pretty good at containing "the aroma" so to speak :)

What ever you choose, have fun with it!

you can expect to be more comfortable at least.better capacity, ability to flood, and lots of fun in general, however, make sure hiding and disposal are up to spec, adult diapers are much larger and more difficult to hide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back