Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: modified diaper for better fit

  1. #1

    Default modified diaper for better fit

    with a 28' waist i fall right in between the small and medium size which makes it hard to properly fit in a medium diaper without having the tapes overlap.

    yesterday i got an interesting idea about how i could fix those issues and since i had nothing better to do i gave it a try.

    to avoid potentialy ruining a perfectly good diaper i first practised on a diaper i had already wet before. so i took a used ID slip super (cloth) and slowly peeled the tapes off the wings. they came right off and i was left with 4 perfectly functional tapes.

    since i had no problems with peeling the tapes off of a used diaper i decided it's safe to get to work on a new one. so i put another ID super on the table and grabbed my tools.

    first i cut 5cm(2in) off of both ends of the rear wings using a straight razor for a clean cut. then i took the tapes that i peeled off of the wet diaper i practised on and glued them on the shortened rear wings.

    now for the final question: did it work?
    the answer is yes. it worked exactly as i imagined it to work. the fit was a lot better and it felt like i finally have a diaper that's in between a small and a medium. i guess it really paid off to watch every single episode of macgyver

    maybe if i get enough requests i'll post more detailed step by step instructions with pictures. i'd include the pictures right now but for some reason i can't post pictures from a moblie device..

  2. #2

    Default

    My I suggest trying the small size Dry 24/7? Reasons being that they run large in sizes.

    I'm stuck between medium and large diapers. With every brand I have tried mediums are too small. Larges are too big (with the exception of ABU and Rearz.)

    Dry 24/7 medium diapers seem like it was made to fit me perfectly. The rise is high enough, tapes have more than enough room to fit right. They don't fit as awkwardly as most other diapers out there.

    Get a sample and find out if it works on your end of between sizes.

  3. #3

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by MeTaLMaNN1983 View Post
    I'm stuck between medium and large diapers. With every brand I have tried mediums are too small. Larges are too big (with the exception of ABU and Rearz.)
    MyDiaper, Tykables, and Bambino all have a smaller large size diaper you might want to try.

  4. #4

    Default

    I should've said ABDL diapers. Every incontinent product seems to have an awkward fit on me. Although I haven't tried MyDiaper or Tykables yet, if it's made by the same company as all of them I think, then I should be good lol.

  5. #5

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by MeTaLMaNN1983 View Post
    My I suggest trying the small size Dry 24/7? Reasons being that they run large in sizes.
    there's a lot of other diapers that i wanna try and dry 24/7 has been on my wish list for quite a while. the problem is that i don't have a credit card so my online orders are limited to local stores where you can pay cash on delivery.

    i only did this little experiment out of boredom to see if it can be done and thought i'd share it here. i honestly thought at least someone would find it useful and ask for detailed instructions.. maybe i should try to come up with something else...

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Alexia View Post
    there's a lot of other diapers that i wanna try and dry 24/7 has been on my wish list for quite a while. the problem is that i don't have a credit card so my online orders are limited to local stores where you can pay cash on delivery.

    i only did this little experiment out of boredom to see if it can be done and thought i'd share it here. i honestly thought at least someone would find it useful and ask for detailed instructions.. maybe i should try to come up with something else...
    True, I didn't mean to discredit anything about your modifications, just wanted to share my experience since we are in the same tween sizes situation.

    How about getting a debit card of some kind, whether it be from a bank or prepaid, load cash on it and get something that you'd like.

    Yes these diapers are worth it. Just because you can use the diaper without creating a leak, not afraid of sitting, have an odd fitting diaper.

Similar Threads

  1. I modified my pacifiers
    By Angelic in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-Sep-2016, 14:15
  2. Modified Way to Put on a Diaper?
    By LeafiniteLittle in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 19-Jun-2016, 23:21
  3. I modified my NUK 5!
    By Piplup in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 21-May-2012, 16:35
  4. Bambino's modified manufacturing
    By bikingman in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 20-Dec-2009, 13:33

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.