Status
Not open for further replies.

FURRYWOLFZ

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
does anyone have any tips for me i move around a lot in my sleep and leak every so often.

My advice is wear plastic pants over your nappy and use a washable bed pad then leaks don't matter.

ST50 said:
My advice is wear plastic pants over your nappy and use a washable bed pad then leaks don't matter.

I may try plastic pants but ive tried the bed pad and it just feels uncomfortable but thanks for the advice

Leaks happen with disposables. If you're having bad leaks every night or even a few nights a week then the problem is likely with your diaper choice (brand or size). If you only leak out once a month or so I'd say that's pretty good. I wet every night, honestly can't even remember the last time I had a dry night and I typically only leak 1 or 2 times a month. It's usually on nights where I didn't do a great job taping my diaper on (too tight and tapes pop).

I have a reusable chux thing under my sheet to protect the mattress. This way if my diaper leaks it's usually just the fitted sheet that needs to be washed.

Incidentally I had a bad leak just last night wearing a dry 24/7. I'm not really sure what happened but the bed was quite wet. Luckily though the chux prevented the mattress from getting wet.

I think the Dry24/7 have so much material for the leg gathers that sometimes they defeat their own purpose. if some of that plastic gets folded into the inside of the diaper I think it acts as a bridge to let leaks out.

- - - Updated - - -

another option if leaks are common is booster pads. They're quit effective but it can take some getting used to sleeping comfortably with that much bulk between your legs.

I'd say add a booster pad or an incontinence pad with some holes slashed in it with your regular diaper as a stuffer, also a knitted vinyl matress protector (despite being plastic they feel like a regular cover so none of the rustling) plastic pants are also a good idea

mikejames said:
Leaks happen with disposables. If you're having bad leaks every night or even a few nights a week then the problem is likely with your diaper choice (brand or size). If you only leak out once a month or so I'd say that's pretty good. I wet every night, honestly can't even remember the last time I had a dry night and I typically only leak 1 or 2 times a month. It's usually on nights where I didn't do a great job taping my diaper on (too tight and tapes pop).

I have a reusable chux thing under my sheet to protect the mattress. This way if my diaper leaks it's usually just the fitted sheet that needs to be washed.

Incidentally I had a bad leak just last night wearing a dry 24/7. I'm not really sure what happened but the bed was quite wet. Luckily though the chux prevented the mattress from getting wet.

I think the Dry24/7 have so much material for the leg gathers that sometimes they defeat their own purpose. if some of that plastic gets folded into the inside of the diaper I think it acts as a bridge to let leaks out.

- - - Updated - - -

another option if leaks are common is booster pads. They're quit effective but it can take some getting used to sleeping comfortably with that much bulk between your legs.

I mostly wear dry 24/7's and am dry most of the time but have had a few problems with when i move around it leaks some and gets the sheets wet. I just got some boosters the other day and they do take some getting used to nut seem to be working so far. thanks for the advice

- - - Updated - - -

rennecfox said:
I'd say add a booster pad or an incontinence pad with some holes slashed in it with your regular diaper as a stuffer, also a knitted vinyl matress protector (despite being plastic they feel like a regular cover so none of the rustling) plastic pants are also a good idea

The booster pads seem to be working so far its just a lot of padding to get used to.

the real question is where the leaks are coming from, if you are leaking from sleeping on your side, there really is no good solution outside of cloth and/or plastic pants, if you are just leaking from the guards getting moved away from your skin, try taping the diaper on slightly differently, could help.

alexchar1982 said:
the real question is where the leaks are coming from, if you are leaking from sleeping on your side, there really is no good solution outside of cloth and/or plastic pants, if you are just leaking from the guards getting moved away from your skin, try taping the diaper on slightly differently, could help.

Most of the leaks seem to come from it running around my hips

in that case, a pair of plastic pants would be your best option(if you live in north america, try rearz for plastic pants, they usually have ten packs at low prices in the clearance section), if that doesn't work, take a look at cloth diapers, bit pricey to get into and require more maintenance, but effective (and comfy).

FURRYWOLFZ said:
I mostly wear dry 24/7's and am dry most of the time but have had a few problems with when i move around it leaks some and gets the sheets wet. I just got some boosters the other day and they do take some getting used to nut seem to be working so far. thanks for the advice

- - - Updated - - -

for as robust of a diaper as Dry 24/7s are, they are the leakiest of the diapers in my rotation. I think they have to be put on just right or they leak out the sides. I think it's that the leg gathers might actually have too much material and it's possible that some of it bends back inside the diaper and provides a "bridge" for urine to leak out. Abena L4s and Seni Quatros rarely if ever leak out the side for me. Abenas occasionally leak out the top. Diapers aren't a perfect solution to bedwetting but they sure do help a lot. It's all about getting the right fit and putting it on carefully. I also use a chux type pad under my sheets just in case or disposable Good Nights underpads if I'm travelling.

mikejames said:
for as robust of a diaper as Dry 24/7s are, they are the leakiest of the diapers in my rotation. I think they have to be put on just right or they leak out the sides. I think it's that the leg gathers might actually have too much material and it's possible that some of it bends back inside the diaper and provides a "bridge" for urine to leak out. Abena L4s and Seni Quatros rarely if ever leak out the side for me. Abenas occasionally leak out the top. Diapers aren't a perfect solution to bedwetting but they sure do help a lot. It's all about getting the right fit and putting it on carefully. I also use a chux type pad under my sheets just in case or disposable Good Nights underpads if I'm travelling.

I'll have to see about trying more diapers I'm still in the process of testing those are just the ones I like so far that work pretty well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back