Not open for further replies.

WildBlueCrinkle

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Incontinent
So a couple of days ago I woke up in a puddle. Not my puddle. My 7 1/2 year old Labrador wet the bed. He's also been drinking a lot, and having the occasional other accident. He's at the vet for follow-up testing now (went in last week for blood and urine work). But he seems better. Fingers crossed.

Anyway, after the PITA of stripping everything off my futon, including the cover, and using my pet shampooer to slurp as much off / out of the mattress as possible, I decided I was never doing that again. Followed a link from a thread here and got the 'leakmaster' vinyl sheet from Amazon - turns out it's made by Gary. $40, Prime same day shipping. It's actually a California Queen, despite what people say in the Q&A section, and my futon is a Queen, but the 4" of extra length don't seem to be a huge deal. If I have to replace it, I'll go with the one from Adult Cloth Diapers (a true Queen), but it's not worth returning and getting something else shipped from a vendor without "Prime."

Put it on under the fitted top sheet and slept in my bed for the first time in almost a week last night. OMG. So nice to have my bed back, but moreso, to know that I can have a diaper leak and it's not a huge deal. So much peace of mind!

Now back to hoping the pup comes back with a clean (or at least manageable) bill of health...

Have the vet run a test for limes disease

- - - Updated - - -

pampers4U said:

He did, and Leptospirosis. Negative. Today's labs were much better, creatinine level in the normal range, etc. He's been better, too, not drinking as much and no accidents or unusual urgency. Ultrasound of the bladder / kidneys etc was clear.

I swear this is what this dog does ... Scares the hell out of me (seaweed in his stomach they were going to have to operate to remove, then he coughed it up after a week; growth on his front leg that grew at an alarming rate, only to disappear overnight after it was aspirated but before it could be biopsied), only to be just fine days later.

I'm glad to hear your dog is doing well, you can get so attached to a dog and it always is scary when something is wrong with them, especially because they can't tell you whats wrong. I have a waterproof mattress cover on my bed because between my dog and cat I decided it was worth it to protect the mattress. You're right, after cleaning the sheets and the mattress a few times you decide something has to be done about it. I am with you also, it's great to not have to worry about diaper leaks because it can't get to the mattress, which is the main concern as it's really hard to clean a mattress.

WildBlueCrinkle said:
Anyway, after the PITA of stripping everything off my futon, including the cover, and using my pet shampooer to slurp as much off / out of the mattress as possible, I decided I was never doing that again. Followed a link from a thread here and got the 'leakmaster' vinyl sheet from Amazon - turns out it's made by Gary. $40, Prime same day shipping. It's actually a California Queen, despite what people say in the Q&A section, and my futon is a Queen, but the 4" of extra length don't seem to be a huge deal. If I have to replace it, I'll go with the one from Adult Cloth Diapers (a true Queen), but it's not worth returning and getting something else shipped from a vendor without "Prime."

Expect that was my link you followed to purchase the vinyl mattress cover. Hope it works out for you. Don’t doubt you, but how do you know it’s made by Gary?

WBxx said:
Don’t doubt you, but how do you know it’s made by Gary?

There's a manufacturer's tag stitched in that simply says "Gary."

I'm glad your dog is doing better. My wife and I have always had some sort of mattress protector on our bed. It's a better safe than sorry sort of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back