Thread: Any WOOTers here?

Default Any WOOTers here?

My F5 key is falling apart. I want my bag 'o crap, damnit!

For those not in the know, woot.com is a "deal a day" website, except for days like today, when they have a "WOOT off" (many deals, sold until they sell out). The "bag of crap" I'm waiting to pounce on is a $5 mystery item that could be anything from a stuffed monkey to a plasma TV.

Anyone else addicted?

I used to be into it when they first started but in all honesty they don't sell cool stuff as awesome anymore. They used to randomly sell really kickass stuff that was affordable at a good discount, but now it always either seems to be crap or refurbished high end electronics and little in between.

Quote Originally Posted by frillyfoxy View Post
    I used to be into it when they first started but in all honesty they don't sell cool stuff as awesome anymore. They used to randomly sell really kickass stuff that was affordable at a good discount, but now it always either seems to be crap or refurbished high end electronics and little in between.
    I agree 100%. If you really want electronics and such cheap go to places like fatwallet or slickdeals and set up topic alerts. Their prices routinely beat what you can pay on woot for a similar item and without the hassle.

Though i do often keep an eye on woot just in case i see something i might like.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    I agree 100%. If you really want electronics and such cheap go to places like fatwallet or slickdeals and set up topic alerts. Their prices routinely beat what you can pay on woot for a similar item and without the hassle.
    A lot of people have said this, and I agree as far as electronics go... But things like the garden hose reel I got a few weeks ago, and my Scooba (a Roomba for hard floors) were 20-30% less than anywhere else. I guess some of us get excited over housewares.

Plus, woot is fun because of the suspense. Consider me a houseware-loving consumer whore.

Not so much Woot... but I have bought many shirts from Shirt.Woot =) =)

Now this may sound like a dumb-ass question, what is a WOOTer?

WildThing121675

Quote Originally Posted by WildThing121675 View Post
    Now this may sound like a dumb-ass question, what is a WOOTer?

WildThing121675
    Wooters are just people who use woot. Woot is a site that puts up a single random item (there are exceptions) for a day, and sells it until inventory is out. Sometimes you get a great deal, and sometimes you do not.

Thanks for filling me in... I am a bit of a dunce when it comes to things like that. lol. Oh well. Thanks.

WildThing121675

I love checking things out on woot. I have yet to actually buy anything, but usually they do have some- at least fairly decent- deals. They used to be way better, but the suspense of seeing what each day brings is interesting.