New size range of nappies in Australia for bigger kids!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperTed

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I was just at my local Aldi Supermarket and found these new nappies size XL for children over 20kg. The packaging really jumped out at me because the kids on the front seem a lot older than you would normally expect. Strangely, there is no mention of being specifically for bed-wetting. These are just advertised as normal nappies (diapers). I have included some photos, hopefully they work:
182dbce8a520a4aadc31e1dbd331d411.jpg

17266eda62999ceadf83e81bceb3c122.jpg

ac33aca3bd3490ac393e5b54f5ddd6e1.jpg

b6f0318c374d68ca2a698c1973831732.jpg

bb629ea5194f2cdf3584a21fd2c5a683.jpg

The nappies are definitely larger than any other brand I have seen and they are completely plain white except for the mamia logo on the front waistband.

They are quite thin, but I would assume fairly absorbent.

I expect some of the smaller framed people here will find this product interesting and no doubt be keen to buy. I am surprised there is a market for a regular style baby nappy targeted so blatantly at what appears to be late primary school aged kids (maybe older).

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk

Reactions: wowser81 and Flet.456
Wow really nice, was not expecting them to be actual nappies thought they would be like pant style. I will have to check these out some time. Thanks so much for the pics too.
Edit: what was the price too just wondering?

They were only $8.99 for a pack of 30.

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk

Very interesting!
If I ever see those in the states I'll definitely be trying some out.

Couldn't tell from the pic, but it looks like the boy might actually be wearing one as well. I suppose the girl could too, but her shirt is tucked in.

Looking at average weight of different ages, 25-35 kg would be 7 to 11 years old. It would seem there are more and more older children in diapers longer and longer.

Cool a true size 7 and in the land of OZ no less.

Will try and get to an Aldi at some point to grab some (way way too small for me though.)

THIS IS AWESOME. First a version in the UK, and now in Australia! Here's hoping they sell well and other diaper companies pick up on them!

BabyCorry said:
Couldn't tell from the pic, but it looks like the boy might actually be wearing one as well. I suppose the girl could too, but her shirt is tucked in.

I thought that too, but I think it's just his shirt.

The picture is most likely a stock image put on with little thought, if not, though, then it's weird cause those kids look way too old for the product in question.

nice diapers

SterlingArcher said:

The picture is most likely a stock image put on with little thought, if not, though, then it's weird cause those kids look way too old for the product in question.

also along this line and just FYI, stock image producers are often complete idiots that have very little business getting it right. For those of you familiar with soldering... wow.

https://www.thepoke.co.uk/wp-conten...ed-circuit-board-forced-air-iron-44099087.jpg
https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/woman-soldering-beautiful-repair-printed-circuit-board-43186195.jpg

Makes my skin crawl just looking at those two.

Those look rather interesting. Might have to give them a try at some point if I can get a hold of them.

SterlingArcher said:

I disagree. If you just take the suggested weight for the diapers, those children fit neatly in that range. 20+ kgs, I would think is safe to say is 25-35kgs, or the weight of a 7-11 year old. Those two look to be about what, 8 or 9? So... pretty much who the product is aimed at.

Just bought them and am pretty excited to check them out however can't bring them inside cause my family is everywhere!! Guess they might have to stay in my car for a couple of days...

Update: managed to sneak them inside the house by going around the back all I have to do now is wait until night.

Last edited:
Will have to try get a pack to try out :)
Anyone know how they stack up against Babylove Juniors?
Babyloves sizing is lot bigger to other companys.
Would be interested if these are bigger

I hope we get something that size up here in Canada

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

bambinod said:
also along this line and just FYI, stock image producers are often complete idiots that have very little business getting it right. For those of you familiar with soldering... wow.

https://www.thepoke.co.uk/wp-conten...ed-circuit-board-forced-air-iron-44099087.jpg
https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/woman-soldering-beautiful-repair-printed-circuit-board-43186195.jpg

Makes my skin crawl just looking at those two.

Oh god, the cringe is strong. :D I myself don't solder too often, but that doesn't look right xD, even than you don't repair boards by hand most of the time.

interesting nappies though, I'm too big :(

BabyCorry said:
I disagree. If you just take the suggested weight for the diapers, those children fit neatly in that range. 20+ kgs, I would think is safe to say is 25-35kgs, or the weight of a 7-11 year old. Those two look to be about what, 8 or 9? So... pretty much who the product is aimed at.

Maybe, but most of the time these kind of sizes are marketed towards parents of larger toddlers which is why I suspected the image was a stock one. The Libero 7 which is a similar size range doesn't use kids of that age range. In any case, It seems reprehensible to market the idea that perfectly healthy 7-11 year olds should still be using diapers cause that's what this looks like. On the other hand, that the diaper is pure white makes me think that it probably is for bedwetting just poorly marketed.

I mean though, didn't someone at the company have to approve that picture to go on the package?... To me it definitely gives off the air that this is a product for older children, even though it is pretty odd...

Interesting. If I ever visit Down Under (which is looking plausible at present) I'll make sure to pick a pack up.

Only objection is the lack of designs :frown:

Anybody measured what size they'll stretch out to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back