Status
Not open for further replies.

FlowerPrincess

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
Okay so I have had very little control over my bladder for a long time (oab and bedwetting issues for as long as I can remember) and had been wearing whatever I had on hand when I was going to be out and possibly not have immediate access to a restroom. So I recently started a job where I have to stay at a desk for long periods of time and there's no way I can leave the desk to be able to "use the restroom" and I've had a few times where I've had leaks for various reasons >.< The main problem I have been having is the tabs on the diapers I use now don't just pop off but completely break off from the wing and then I leak because it's no longer secure so I really need to find something better..

I've mostly been using cloth backed diapers, I've tried tena supers, tena ultras, molicare supers, dignity p.m. and attends classic. Typically I'm around a medium and I guess I really just need reccomendations as to what brands and types work well? I'd *prefer* to stay with cloth backed as they are a little less crinkley but any reccomendations are appreciated ^-^ I'd like to keep them vaguely cheap, (I usually try and stay around $1/diaper or less). I'm working on getting a new pcp so that I could possibly look into seeing if insurance would help at all but I don't know how that would work.

I'm also trying to find plastic pants that I could wear to work that wouldn't be horribly obvious, but I've never really used them before so I'm kind of just lost and have no idea where or what to look for..

I have found that the Seni Super (found on XP medical and Amazon) are really comfortable and are cloth backed. I wear them everyday all day long as my daytime diaper. They hold a decent amount and I think on amazon you can get a case for $80.00 for 75 diapers so its relatively close to your budget. Hope this finds you well. Happy Holidays.

I'll look into them ^-^ thank youuu! It also looks like on amazon there's a super and a super plus but xp medical only has the super plus so I'll guess you were talking about those!

If you do not care if they look like kids diapers I suggest ABU Preschool diapers. Thayou are my daytime diaper because when I compared all of the other diapers they were around the same price with really tall leak guards. I have had a few sudden floods and never a concern that they would leak.

I have like 60 of those left rn (I'm also a little/abdl ^.^) but the thing is they are a little thicker than I like for wearing during the daytime >.< I also have been having problems with them bc most nights I've had them leak and this morning I woke up and my bed was soaked, I'm also sick rn so that probably contributed to that.. I really like m4s but I've been having problems with those too, they've been splitting down the front and I can't readjust the tabs without making holes in the front of the diaper. I think my favorite diaper has to be lavenders from abu, they smell nice but they have a little *too* much of a print for me to be comfortable wearing them all day, plus they're plastic backed..

I recently switched to wearing diapers during the day, from pads and later pull-ups. As my incontinence gradually worsened I first started experimenting with using the CVS brand on days when I didn't want to have to change as frequently (which was a major reason I began wearing pull-ups, and now diapers). They seemed a little too thin. I was surprised at how saturated they were even when changing every three hours, although I never had a leak. I'm currently wearing Abena M4 during the day, which fit me really well. Those were a little thick. They were comfortable, but I felt more self-conscious wearing them under my clothes than I did the CVS brand. So I ordered a case of M3 which arrived over the weekend, and they're perfect! It's only been a few days, but I've definitely found myself wearing them more than the M4. I did, however, enjoy the amount of time I could go without feeling the need to change in the M4, so I think my routine will consist of both, with the M4 used on days when I'd like the option to go through the workday without absolutely having to change if need be. I also sometimes wet the bed when I drink, so on those nights I'll probably use the M4 instead of the CVS brand doubled-up (which also never leaked at night when doubled, but wasn't very comfortable). Also thinking about getting plastic pants, but not sure how necessary they are as I don't have any issues with bowel incontinence (only frequency, but that's for another post). When I first switched from pull-ups to diapers I was wearing nylon briefs over them (I felt naked without "underwear") but soon found there wasn't really much need. Hope that helps!

Yeah I used to wear plastic backed m3s when I was in college for longer classes that I wasn't allowed to leave for, and they were perfect for that. But abena discontinued the plastic backed ones and maybe I'm looking in the wrong places but I haven't been able to find the cloth backed m3s at a comparable price since, most places I've looked seem to have them around the same price as a m4 at which point I feel like there's no reason to get them >.<
I ordered "Priva Extra Protection Waterproof Soft Vinyl Pull On Under Pants" off amazon the other day just to try those, I have no idea if they're quality or where to look so I just went with those.. If they work great if not they weren't too expensive. They should be here sometime soon ^.^

FlowerPrincess said:
most places I've looked seem to have them around the same price as a m4 at which point I feel like there's no reason to get them >.<

I did the same math in my head when I ordered the M3, almost decided against it but since they fit so well I figured I'd give it a shot. I think self-consciousness about the sudden additional bulk when switching from cheap pull-ups to M4 played a factor, too.

FlowerPrincess said:
I ordered "Priva Extra Protection Waterproof Soft Vinyl Pull On Under Pants" off amazon the other day just to try those, I have no idea if they're quality or where to look so I just went with those.. If they work great if not they weren't too expensive. They should be here sometime soon ^.^

I just looked them up and saved to my "Pads and Stuff" list. Let me know how they go, I may order a pair. What made you decide to start wearing plastic pants?

Yeah I miss the plastic backed ones they were less than $1 each and worked so well..
I'll ley you know how they go! Heh well leaks all the time o.o I sit at a desk all day and I can stand and stuff but I've still had some really bad embarrassing leaks because some of the diapers I've work to work weren't that great or just malfunctioned.. I also want to try them for nights bc I almost always soak through an m4 through the night and leak >.< The second layer of protection would be a little peace of mind ^-^

I like the Supreme Briefs from NorthShore care supply. They are plastic baked, can hold a lot (easily more then most I have tried), and are less than $1 a diaper if you go for the value pack. They also make the AirSupreme which is fabric baked but a little more expensive.

EDIT: I was a little wrong they are about $1.30 each.

Last edited:
Okay ^-^ I'll look into those too, I had really only seen northshores for pretty expensive in the past but I think I was always looking at the cloth backed ones (I just feel less self-conscious when wearing cloth backed diapers in public >.<) so I'll take a look at the plastic backed ones.

DLScottsman said:
If you do not care if they look like kids diapers I suggest ABU Preschool diapers. Thayou are my daytime diaper because when I compared all of the other diapers they were around the same price with really tall leak guards. I have had a few sudden floods and never a concern that they would leak.
So I tried wearing abu preschools to work today and they worked well but the first one leaked a bit which was frustrating >.< the extra thickness does make me feel slightly less anxious about leaking though.

inconsurferdude said:
I just looked them up and saved to my "Pads and Stuff" list. Let me know how they go, I may order a pair.
ALSO inconsurferdude they got here today.. SUPER don't order them I'm going to try and return them, they were much larger than I expected and are definitely plasticized polyester (making them super loud) and they're just horrible quality >.<

My plastic pants are non-patterned solid colour PVC pull-ons which I believe are made by Gary Manufacturing. They have always been good for me.

If you want to make them not horribly obvious I think the most you can do in that area is sound. Having less coverage reduces their effectiveness. To make them less visually obvious, the best I can suggest is that you wear a onesie.

I'll look into those ^-^ I have one onesie I can vaguely wear in public (it has a space print and looks like it's just a shirt) I don't think I'm processing what you said correctly, are you saying that I would need to reduce the noise they make, and then I'm not sure what you mean by having less coverage makes them less effective >.<

It's tough to find a decent diaper these days at the $1 per diaper price. I've been wearing the Northshore Supremes (plastic backed) for two years now and they have been fantastic for me and I wet a lot. As already mentioned, they are about $1.30, which is still cheaper than most of the ABDL diapers, Dry 24/7 and a few others. For cloth backed, the Seni diapers are good and pretty discrete.

Yeah :( I've noticed that all the good ones I used to use have mostly disappeared or are more expensive now a days.. I was looking at the northshores a bit and comparing prices and the cloth backed northshores are about 1.33 each, plastic backed are 1.3 and abu preschools are 1.38 ish. So I'm considering getting a case of the northshores and seeing how those go.
I'm getting a case of the seni superplus tomorrow and hoping they work wellll, I need just slightly more absorbancy than molicare supers have to make it between breaks and not leak, and dignity pm diapers while cheap always cut it wayyyy too close (and end up leaking about 50% of the time) so fingers crossed ^-^

Awesome, you got the Seni's. Mine hold a more than decent amount without a booster. They are pretty much silent in my opinion.

FlowerPrincess said:
ALSO inconsurferdude they got here today.. SUPER don't order them I'm going to try and return them, they were much larger than I expected and are definitely plasticized polyester (making them super loud) and they're just horrible quality >.<

THANK YOU for the heads up, I removed them from my list. Sorry to hear they were no good :/ I've heard good things about the Gary briefs Kaliborio mentioned, so I'm thinking I'll try those.

Yeah the senis are nice ^-^ I've only worn one but they're so soft, they have really high quality tabs, and elastic in the front and back so there's a chance they'll be my new day time diaper :3 I still want to try Northshores but those are a bit more expensive so I'd have to do a bit more research first..

FlowerPrincess said:
Yeah the senis are nice ^-^ I've only worn one but they're so soft, they have really high quality tabs, and elastic in the front and back so there's a chance they'll be my new day time diaper :3 I still want to try Northshores but those are a bit more expensive so I'd have to do a bit more research first..

I love them. I'm glad you chose to try them! Merry Christmas.

Sent from mTalk

The only problem so far with the seni diapers is that they don't wick away moisture very well, they hold an okay amount but very early on it just feels like they're really wet and it makes me uncomfortable >.< I dunno if its something I can stand, especially since it's been so cold :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back