SDK V2 compared with SDK V1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePoeticSkunk

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hi! I just received from ABU/EBay the SDK V1 although I haven't padded up yet. I was just wondering how they compare to the newer ones? I've used Tranquility ATN and Walgreen's in the past but these are my first ABDL style I've bought. I did a forum search and didn't see a thread about the topic so if this is redundant I apologize. Cheers! :)

I have both versions and actually prefer SDK V1. I know I'm in the minority but I love the crinkle of the original plastic and that it's much thinner so I can wear it under clothes out and about. The absorbency is not nearly as good though. If ABU could use the same crinkly plastic as V1 but with the V2 absorbency, it would be a perfect diaper.

The V2 is at least twice as absorbent as the V1. The V1 could only handle one large wetting. The thickness of the V2 makes the one-tape-per-side less effective than it was on the V1, as mentioned in the diaper review section of the forum. The added thickness causes a big gap at the top. I actually peed right out the top and down the leg of my footy pajamas last week. I wish they still sold the V1 along with the V2.

Skwuzzy said:
The V2 is at least twice as absorbent as the V1. The V1 could only handle one large wetting. The thickness of the V2 makes the one-tape-per-side less effective than it was on the V1, as mentioned in the diaper review section of the forum. The added thickness causes a big gap at the top. I actually peed right out the top and down the leg of my footy pajamas last week. I wish they still sold the V1 along with the V2.

Noted!

v1 and v2 seem to have very little in common, and i see v2 as nothing but improvements over v1. Thicker, softer, smoother, less clumpy, the list goes on. Compared to V2, V1 seems to be merely a "show diaper" like you'd wear to a photoshoot that's intended to look good but have very little functional performance.

Awesome responses! I'm a bit of a neophyte in the abdl world but I'm gonna try one of the V1 today when I'm out and about. I'll have to get the V2 in the future to compare. Cheers!

klo555 said:
Hi Casey, I would like to give you my opinion if you don't mind, first of all great job on your turning around Abu !!!! One thing I would like to see is the original sdk's v1 padding brought back, I like how it was squared off in the front and back like an authentic pampers, the hourglass padding is hard for me to get the baby feeling, and one more thing I would like for the plastic backing to be more crinkley live the v1. Other than that thank you for your great customer service with Abu!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back