I'm screwed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleJess

Banned
Well, I'm fucked :wallbash:

Just got rejected from my 201th job application, no one will hire me, i'm doing a diploma that i don't want to do, and i'm sucked in 10k debt technically. what am I supposed to do if no one wants to hire me, stupid mother forced me into this situation since she became a money hungry bitch.

By the end of this, I'm going to be 20k in debt, with a useless diploma because it's a diploma mill, don't really want to do any of the work as I know it's a scam.

I have to some how come up with 2k by the end of this month, I'm practically fucked, I can't move out, no one wants to fucking hire me at all.

Is it normal for aspies to practically find it impossible to get a job? just to put it into perspective.

I've literally been rejected from maccas 34 times just in one year, about 10 for kfc, and than there is like 200+ random jobs I got turned down for, ranging from IT to kmart ffs.

That's the jobs i've been rejected for, the rest I never got a reply from, so it could stem into 500.

i'm almost 20 and I've accomplished nothing in my life. I should mention, if you've read my blog before I deleted the posts, you would get a basic idea how i'm feeling about this, i seem a lot calmer than I should be.

Last edited:
I'm tipping this is not the best week in the year for scoring a job, but hang in there and keep trying. Also, how's your application technique? Are you just filling out online stuff and just waiting, cause mostly that won't be a huge help.
Try and stay positive... yeah I know that sounds like crap, but something good will come. Sorry about the 2k thing, hope something works out there.

ozbub said:
I'm tipping this is not the best week in the year for scoring a job, but hang in there and keep trying. Also, how's your application technique? Are you just filling out online stuff and just waiting, cause mostly that won't be a huge help.
Try and stay positive... yeah I know that sounds like crap, but something good will come. Sorry about the 2k thing, hope something works out there.

I've tried everything, even got someone to review my resume for me, (does HR) apparently it's all good, I've done a mixture of online, and resume dropping, everything you can name i've probably done.

Mentally this has put a strain on me. I never get to the interview process, at all, it's like no one looks at my resume.

Last edited:
Still hang in there. At least it sounds like you're willing to have crack at anything. Try and stay positive until the new year. Most places are winding down for a couple of weeks at least. Also, have you been to an agency, they could help you into something.

ozbub said:
Still hang in there. At least it sounds like you're willing to have crack at anything. Try and stay positive until the new year. Most places are winding down for a couple of weeks at least. Also, have you been to an agency, they could help you into something.

I'm trying to, but it's getting the point I cannot cope anymore. like very bad. Yes I was with a job agency originally, but it's terrible, every time they fuck something up, they point the finger at you, treat you like you're not a human etc. So many problems with them, there no help at all, and they practically tell you to do the shit you're doing anyway. (the ones in my area are shit) literally one time i couldn't go into the building because it was literally flooded, had my welfare cut off for not showing up to an appointment, than having to ring up and explain why I wasn't there, obviously you can't go into a flooded building. I wasn't the only one either, plus no, it's just awful, I got treated shit there never wish to have that experience again. Like literally the job agencies building was flooded. the two receptionists were sitting outside ticking peoples names off, somehow they fucked that up, and tons of people got pissed off and fucked over.

It's so bad, pretty sure the computers they made you use were pentium 4 machines running windows 2000, you can barely apply for jobs on that hunk of junk. (guess what, no record of me ever ringing up even though my phone records actually proved I did.)

I've had nothing but a terrible experience with them, there so rude, the receptionists seem to practically screw everything up, I swear it must be on purpose rang up to let them know I couldn't come in because i started uni and had to do my work, for them not to call back, and cut me off again, when the case manager said it was fine to ring up and let them know. I actually had to drop uni etc. because for some reason, they wouldn't put me on a student payment, so I had to do a shitty diploma though a sketchy college just so i can stay on welfare.

I need to add, every time i get cut off, or they fuck something up, that's a huge suicide risk for me, reason being i get threatened with homelessness. etc. she is practically milking me out of my money, honestly if i had it my way, i would be continuing onto tafe, but due to my mother screwing me over and not using my money to pay off my tafe, I cannot continue my studies with tafe and owe them 2k, it would be less, but i got fucked around by centrelink which made it so i couldn't get my health care card, which made tafe more affordable $500.

So I'm practically seeing my friends doing there cert 4 in IT going onto university, while I miss out on all that, i'm practically fucked education wise, as I never completed high school and technically don't even have my qualifications as there on hold until I pay it off, so job wise I can't even say i'm qualified.

All the entry level jobs here are practically a bunch of monkeys fighting for a banana, most people have no luck jobwise as it's a shitty area, and you're usually competing with people who bullshit on there resumes, and don't know what the color red is, do hard core drugs etc.

Only real chance I have is in IT honestly, all the entry level jobs are impossible to get, and will be a lot worse once holdens close down. (in this area)

I'm not trying to be sterotypical or harsh, but practically people who are with job agencies are practically spamming tons of places with resumes, so there is no competing really. not saying all, but most of the people I came across in the job agencies came across as very uneducated and smelled like weed or obviously high on drugs, and didn't even seem serious about job hunting, just spamming places so they keep there drug money. I don't mean any offense to anyone but 9/10 people i met there, seemed to be like that, only one didn't but this is only a small area.

Only guy who didn't seem to be on drugs, was a guy in his 50's who got laid off, poor guy you could tell he was desperate for a job, struggling to pay rent. I should add, I did get a bit of weird looks, as I'm the only guy there with clear skin, and doesn't look like I use any kind of drugs. I did get treated a bit better than the rest.

Even the lady was surprised I managed to whip up a resume in 20 minutes, she acted like it was the first time she has seen anyone do that in her entire careers working there, and was shocked that I actually knew what I was doing.

Last edited:
Seriously, hang in there and just keep trying. Even if you could score an entry level IT job, they would soon work out whether you know you shit or not. If you look like your cluey, they'll soon look after you and give you opportunities.

Having something as simple as a high school diploma doesn't mean you're smart or not. It means you can learn and be trained. Not having it proves to employers you can't complete a simple task.

Unfortunately for you, there are still plenty of other job seekers who do have a high school diploma. Give a choice between the two, most anyone would take the applicant with a diploma.

If you're serious about getting a job, without a diploma, then you have to make it worth their risking you. Ask for minimum wage, or better yet ask to work for free for the first month. If they are satisfied with you after that time, then you can talk pay. Seriously, this works wonders. Think if you had offered this a month ago, you wouldn't have any more money than you do now, but you'd have a job.

Shybug said:
i'm almost 20 and I've accomplished nothing in my life. I should mention, if you've read my blog before I deleted the posts, you would get a basic idea how i'm feeling about this, i seem a lot calmer than I should be.
Ok, so I had a crisis of my own about a year ago. One thing I can tell you is that it is it's pretty bad to be desperate in your applications (places you apply to) or interviews. So maintain your dignity -- at all times. This was the most difficult thing for me to do. I kept losing positions or interviews because I kept torpedo'ing myself. Devaluing myself. Desperation to an employer means problems. Work, instead, means solving problems. If you're bringing problems instead, it's a turn off. Meaning you'll really reduce the interest of potential businesses or employers whether its at the application or in the interview.

Also, don't let "requirements" for positions throw you off. If it says high school diploma or 2-year Junior college / 4-year University -- still apply if you know the rest of the skills for the job. Let the employer decide if you aren't a fit.

This is the thing you're smart: You know how computers work and can code them, right? The fast food joints might be looking at your app or listening while you interview and be wondering why a smart skilled person like you is after an unskilled position? If you can code and had the smarts to register some high value website domains (something you mentioned in another thread) I'm wondering if you can't just be your own boss or make your own business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back