Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it strange?

Default Is it strange?

I can't help but feel that I have no one for me in life, that I will never find my "soul mate". I mean I'm 24 and I still am a virgin. It's not like I can't get with anyone, it's I don't feel attracted to anyone. I don't know why, but I just don't care if I do or don't have sex. The worst part is my friend always give me crap for not losing my virginity still. Is this a normal thing? I mean I want a relationship with someone but I can't seen to come across a person who sparks a light in me. I also don't have much in common with people because I don't watch TV, and I feel that's all people talk about, actors, movies, and football. I just have nothing to say, so it makes it hard to keep a conversation going. Any advice? Or am I hopeless?

You're not hopeless at all! I've got a question for you though. Do you want a sexual relationship? It's okay if the answer is no, and it's okay if you're not sure. Honestly, it's something I'm still struggling with. I feel an attraction towards diapers that seems to be the main direction of my sexual desires and I've never really felt physically attracted towards women (or men for that matter). Despite that struggle, though, I'm 100% sure I want a relationship. I want it because I'm lonely sometimes and diapers don't solve that. I want it because I want someone I can confide in. I want it because I want someone else to be able to confide in me, and to be there to support them. I want it because I ultimately want a family with kids and all and I'd like to go on that adventure with another person.

So, that's the question I have for you, is do you really want a relationship, for any number of reasons? If you do, I think you'll be able to find the right person. It takes time, but if you keep your eyes open and are willing to meet people and try relationships out, you'll find someone who matches you. On the other hand, if you're feeling like you're "supposed" to lose your virginity and have a relationship because people your age have to do that...well, I think that sense of obligation without real feeling carries through to the people you meet and can turn them off.

I truly want a relationship, I just find it hard to meet someone that I can relate to. I think the hardest part is actually getting to know someone. But I guess it just takes time.

Quote Originally Posted by BBalljustin View Post
    I truly want a relationship, I just find it hard to meet someone that I can relate to. I think the hardest part is actually getting to know someone. But I guess it just takes time.
    Well, if you want the relationship but sex is not getting you excited, maybe look for something else. I've been drying various dating sites, and a lot of people say Fetlife is pretty good for finding people who share your kink and might be interested in various sorts of ageplay. There are also other things. You can bond with people over stuff like shared interest in a hobby, interest in culture (do you like movies, or theater that sort of thing?), shared interest in a sport, or in activities like hiking or biking. The thing to do might be to get involved in a few more things and get to know people who are into the same activities as you, and then meet people that way.

Unlike the myth that men think of sex every 30 second. The truth is some just dont have a vested intrest in it. In the old day they where called late blumers or gay. Its not the worst think I went trial I was 26 myself

There is nothing wrong with being a virgin. Pursue the kind of relationship that will fulfill you as a person, not satisfy those around you.

Wow that is strange! You don't watch any TV at all?

Oh, and low 20's but still a virgin is actually quite common. Don't fall for your friends peer pressure just because he says so.

ps. The only "TV" I get is from occasionally streaming Netflix online. Since dropping the "boob-tube" I've actually felt better & more confident, and seem to now be more well informed than my other friends/coworkers too. Go figure, TV really does rot your brain.

Quote Originally Posted by BBalljustin View Post
    You are just different from others and you are not hopeless. Each and every person in this world have different personalities and you are one among them, You don't have to feel bad that you don't have a relationship yet. God will have a plan for all and everything will be alright soon. Just wait for your soul mate. Don't live for others, don't think what others are thinking of you. Live your life happily. Everything happens for a reason and I think that you still have time to meet your soul mate.

Default Is it strange?

I also did not like tv or football when I grew up. Everyone else talked about them as well. You just have to find somewhere that people share the same interests as you. Then you meet like minded people and the possibility of meeting someone you will really click with. I became a scout leader, but each to their own. What interests could you get involved in?

My dad didn't find the person he's spending his life with til his 40s. I don't know if that's comforting or not, but it could be that you just aren't ready for that yet. When Love is what you need, Love is what you'll get.