Not open for further replies.

Milko

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Carer
Before I start this post, yeah, it's been nearly a year since I posted anything on ADISC, I've taken a bit of a break from the site to sort some things out, I'll probably post like a 'life update' post or blog later on, things are pretty cool ;) Anyway, back to the post. Today I powered on my old PowerMac G4 Digital Audio from 2000 and logged into ADISC. I've had various versions of OS X on here over the years but at the moment it's rocking Mac OS 9.2.2, and I decided to show everyone what it's like browsing ADISC on a 16 year old Mac with an operating system that's received no updates since 2002.

For web browsing I'm using an awesome little piece of software called Classilla, the name is a combination of Mozilla and the 'Classic' Mac OS. The browser itself is basically a heavily patched version of Mozilla 1.3.1 (the last version of Mozilla to run on Mac OS 9) and is an attempt to bring a modern browser to OS 9 and even though it still has a long way to go (most updates being released at the moment are concerning updating security protocols etc. and it still struggles to render most pages) it's pretty much awesome :) Anyway, enough ranting, this is how it renders a few pages:

The homepage (and proving I'm using OS 9):

sprite1.png

The Adult Babies and Little's topic:

sprite0.png

As you can see it renders everything pretty readably, the only major thing I notice is that the pages load a bit slowly, and that's a combination of my internet speed and the layout of the pages being a bit of a struggle for the 466MHz CPU ^_^ Oh and one other thing I noticed while attempting to post this thread on the mac, I can't see the buttons to post images.. but that's a pretty minor problem ;) Anyway, hope some of you guys at least found that somewhat interesting, feel free to ask me questions about the browser or other pages etc. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back