Thread: Anyone think?

Default Anyone think?

That they were only put on this earth for only one reason? I think I was put on this earth to work...and nothing more. I mean, I am not good in school, I have few friends, can't talk to a female without feeling like I going to have a heart attack, let alone keep the female friend i have interested in me. I just perform so much better when doing hard labor ie: moving earth, roofing, digging ditches.

I think I was ment to work in a factory or a Brick Works and die on the line at 35.

Does anyone else feel that they have only one purpose in life?

BTW: The date that I said I had, she made up some BS excuse a few days ago not to go on it.

I can do one better, I wasn't put on this earth for any reason or for a singular purpose... I'm here, now what?

The major influence on your life is You. Your attitude. Your actions. You control 99% of what happens, or what doesn't happen.

Don't use destiny as a excuse not to improve the quality of your life if you're unhappy. You'll never know any different if you do.

angelabauer

It makes me so sad to know you express such depression.

Just based on your writing I have read here on ADISC you have a good brain. You write very clearly. Bummer teachers are not connecting for you.

None of us can say what the future will be. Ages ago I was the first in my extended family to earn a full-ride scholarship to a university. Mind you, my grandparents and parents all enjoyed reading, conversation and eared decent livings. When they were growing up times were hard, a war was on. They all wanted more for me.

Right now the fired bankers and stock brokers show that even a good university education does not guarantee a lifetime of employment. On the other hand, today excavation is usually done with expensive machinery following detailed plans and all kinds of regulations. Consider the need for high school graduation and then community college at least. Who knows, with the right instructors and fellow-students you might suddenly decide you like getting educated. You might want to earn a living days using a back-hoe, then attend night school for a degree in civil and/or structural engineering.

Okay, so this time the date did not work out. Please do not be discouraged, because next week, next month or very soon another young woman will consider you the man of her dreams. I mean, who can resist a man with a developed body at the controls of a very big machine!

A little off topic, but I thought it would make someone laugh. I read the title of this thread, and the first thing that popped into my head was, "As little as possible..."

And I know I'm here for a purpose; eat, drink, sleep and die. Everything else is my choice.

Quote Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
    A little off topic, but I thought it would make someone laugh. I read the title of this thread, and the first thing that popped into my head was, "As little as possible..."

And I know I'm here for a purpose; eat, drink, sleep and die. Everything else is my choice.
    hahahahaha...that made me laugh!

Quote Originally Posted by diaperedteenager View Post
    That they were only put on this earth for only one reason? I think I was put on this earth to work...and nothing more. I mean, I am not good in school, I have few friends, can't talk to a female without feeling like I going to have a heart attack, let alone keep the female friend i have interested in me. I just perform so much better when doing hard labor ie: moving earth, roofing, digging ditches.

I think I was ment to work in a factory or a Brick Works and die on the line at 35.

Does anyone else feel that they have only one purpose in life?

BTW: The date that I said I had, she made up some BS excuse a few days ago not to go on it.
    I feel the exact same way. You are not alone buddy.
    Its hard.