Dr's in the US: the Tena Active Fit Maxi is here!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OhHeyThere

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Crap, I didn't proofread... DL's in the US*

Guys, it's finally here! Christmas came early for me!
I am so excited to try this diaper out finally. I already placed my order for a sample pack of mediums (I didn't wanna jump the gun and get a case like I did with the Magnifico's)
Bambinos finally came through and made my wish come true. Now all that needs to happen is try it. I'm so hype I may even rip my last bag of the landing strip TSM's to celebrate.

...nah, best keep it sealed just in case they jump to 100 :p still though. So hype!

These are probably my favorite diapers! I'm so excited they finally brought them back! They are thin and discrete, but the swell up very nicely! You'll like them! :)

I just saw this via Bambino's twitter. While this is very exciting, the price is just insane....$2.25 per diaper (if ordered by the pack of 24). My favorite all time diaper was the Tena Slip Maxi, and I have yet to find a comparable replacement. A while back I ordered a sample of the Active Slip Maxi off EBay and I did very much enjoy being in a Tena again. For now though I'll probably hold off. Although, the Active Slip is a great diaper I can't justify the price. Eventually I probably will buy a bag; but it'll be after the partial bag of Tena Slip Maxi's I still have left! Hopefully by then the price will have dropped a little.

EDIT: the price per diaper drops considerably when ordered by the case of 72 (as I would expect), however it's still at $1.75 per diaper. I just don't think I can pull the trigger until it's $1.50 per diaper or less. With that being said, after my current stock of the original Slip Maxi's run out, I'll probably get desperate and order some anyway!

Are they thick diapers?

OhHeyThere said:
Crap, I didn't proofread... !

I dunno, Doctors here really should be recommending these ;)

No, they are fairly thin.

Well, their price is comparable to the TSM's when they were available. At least I'm pretty sure. It's just sad how much shipping costs dictate the price of diapers (and anything else, really)... If they're good, though, I will probably make them my go-to daytime diaper.

- - - Updated - - -

rennecfox said:
I dunno, Doctors here really should be recommending these ;)

XD strictly better than any non-abdl-oriented (medical) American brand, for sure.

OhHeyThere said:
Well, their price is comparable to the TSM's when they were available. At least I'm pretty sure. It's just sad how much shipping costs dictate the price of diapers (and anything else, really)... If they're good, though, I will probably make them my go-to daytime diaper.

I used to order Tena Slip Maxis quite often through XP Medical and I never remember them being this high. I used to pay either $1.54 per diaper by the bag or $1.43 per diaper by the case. At least that's what I remember. Either way, you are right about the shipping....sometimes that can make or break a diaper order. I've tried the new Tena Slip Active-Fits, they are definitely a great diaper. They are kind of thin, but just like the TSM they are high in SAP and swell a crazy amount when wet. I just wish they would have kept the landing zone, that was always one of the things I liked the best about the TSM.

I can only hope that Bambino carrying them is an indication of the future of this diaper in the US. I hope more companies start carrying them to help bring the price down.

Hello all
Yes I ordered a case of 72 from the eBay site mentioned above. The price after shipping and foreign transaction fee came to .99 cents per diaper. And they are very quick to get them shipped. I live on the west coast of the United States. So I think about 12 to 14 days to get them. So what a bargain, I do hope that I like them. The only problem is that the diaper stash is getting kinda big..... Not sure where I will put them all. I know the Wife is going to think I am crazy but she doesn't understand that you can't just go down to the market and buy these .

Well, I may try the eBay site soon. I just received my sample pack of medium from Bambino, and while they are super comfy as I expected (due to the original TSM being the comfiest diaper I've ever used), my fat butt just barely allows me to tape the back wings to the front.

I already got a sample of the larges to see if they're any better for me. I typically don't try to order any diapers where I'm nearing the lowest waist size (Bambino says larges are 37"-59"...im a 38" waist), and I definitely don't order so many samples as it's super expensive, but I have faith that this will be my next daily go-to diaper. Plus, with their low profile, I don't think I'll have trouble. I'm hoping I'm not swimming in them xP

One thing I can say about Bambino's adding TSM's to their stock, they have the cheapest sample pack of them, but only by 50 cents xD

Hello
just received my case of TSAFM..... From the UK to the west coast of US. Ten days..... That's not bad. I was really excited to get them as I have never tried a Tena before. I am very pleased to see they are fairly thin diapers and pretty comfortable and seem to fit pretty well. I was looking for something I could wear out and about. The first one I put on, I flooded immediately it seemed to take it in stride. I will wear it long enough to give it a second flood to see how it will handle that. So far I am pretty pleased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back