Fetlife

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cereal said:
Yeeeeeah, the creepers suck, but after awhile you filter through them from the lack of responding and blocking. It sucks, but between internet anonymity and no chill it's a forever issue. Still! As someone who was super hesitant at first, it really is super neat. I've met amazing people through their that I don't think I'd have met otherwise. It also matters (I'd think) just how useful it is for local groups that remain active or interesting. Sometimes, that can be a bad luck of the draw location-wise.

But ummm! Yeah~! I might just be over positive cause of the babbus on there making me laugh.

Thug Quuuueeeeeeeeeeen

Meh, I've mostly been a lurker.
Slowly trying to be more active and maybe eventually become a regular on YABDL. Few other dip friendly groups as well. Some better than others.

Side note: Holy poo I haven't logged into this site in a looooong time.

Right? I'll pop in once in awhile and disappear again. Lurking is just..... it's a habit. X3

Also! Oh noes! I've been spotted! I have a low internet profile. D:

Fetlife is a great place to look for events and meeting locate play friends

There's a (well, used to be) close-knit community of AB/DLs there. Things got weirdly political and turned into a dumpster fire.

If I return to Fetlife it's to scout for decent watering-holes and events.

Most of FL is turning into a bit of "Varsity Tumblr" with its exploding and hyper-sexual DDlg scene and misogynist BDSM policies. People who used to be genuinely cool and "spot" unwanted behaviors are squabbling about gender pronouns. So Fetlife is kinda doing what the Titanic did.

I'm backing out of the site. There isn't really anyone around my area.

Another warning about this site is it can be genuinely dangerous, not from crotchshots and creepers, but from young people who become way too captivated with people across the pond. I'm talking like 2,000-3,000 miles apart. "Fetlife families" do exist but they do not last. I've had to maintain damage control for a lot of friends who threw away careers and futures to go live with strangers on the internet that they felt were "family". The success rate of these passionate exploits lasting over a year are probably 1 in 30... I was a part of one circa age 19. So. It's heartbreaking to see people uproot from state to state and trash their degrees and jobs and sometimes, have a love affair with drugs and never quite "come back" as themselves.

So it's always great to be vigilant in the short-term with creepers, but please maintain long-term vigilance of those "offering you a place to stay free of charge if arguments where you're living gets too heated". I've seen people take the bait with empty promises, kicked out in a week, and homeless.

Fetlife is a nice site, doh i would love the function to see how recently people where online.... find lots of interesting people there but hard to tell if they are still on the page lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back