Actually Incontinent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I personally am not faking it. I most certainly have been a bed wetter quite literally as long as I remember. I would even say it's one of the reasons a sexual interest sort of developed around it around puberty. I don't know about anyone else, but it was an absolute horrible experience for me. Going from having to deal with the embarrassment, worrying every day that friends and even family would find out ... to later enjoying it? It honestly made me feel absolutely insane.

However, no, I have never been to a doctor about it due to be neglect of my family and have never gotten the opportunity just yet. Still in a pretty bad spot in my life at the moment and trying to get through it as best as I can. Also, I have noticed other problems occurring that I suspect is an underactive bladder. Again, no actual diagnoses ... just certain things don't seem normal to me. Like only having to go 1 - 2 times per day even though I am drinking more than enough fluids. Also it seems to be due to a lack of feeling of when I need to go.

Now let me tell you something. I most certainly have been called out before for "faking." Do you have any idea how it feels to be called a liar when as far as you are aware you are facing a legitimate problem that you are incapable of getting fixed or checked out? I am terrified of this to be honest. I am so scared that one day not only will I have to deal with the constant bed wetting that seems to never go away, but eventually will have to deal with it on a regular bases during the day? Or even worse, have to catheterize myself just to go.

Now let me just say, while I do not have any official doctors diagnoses ... there is clearly a problem. Whether it be something physical or mental, it's a legitimate problem that I have to deal with.

Now do I think others fake it? Certainly, obviously there are people like that whom exist. But you know what, I don't really give a shit. Why the hell should it concern me? Now it maybe due to dealing with my sister who is a pathological liar ... that I have grown more capable of dealing with such things. However, at the end of the day a person lying about stupid shit like having medical problems, meeting celebrities, being taught by pro surfers lol, or creating some super virus .... why does it matter? Why let it bother you to the point of being bitter? What is the purpose of even calling such people out? Do you get off trying call someone out on their bullshit just to tear them down and embarrass them? Does it make you feel better about yourself?

Tell me exactly how do you think it helps? The answer is ... it doesn't help. It just causes drama for no good reason. Don't even get me started on what happens if you are wrong ... like the person did who accused me. It just makes the person you are calling out feel like garbage. So in turn, that makes you the bad person. It makes you look like an asshole. It makes you a bully.

Even if the whole world was to turn against me and call me a liar. I know what is true. I don't need cunts belittling my problems for their own amusement.

I've thought about this for a bit and yes, it's definitely unusual for someone to fake it. I came here thinking it is a support forum and so far that's what it's done. I've got useful advice from here regardless of whether the stories that follow them are true or not. This is the internet so for sure people aren't going to be 100% genuine. I know I am, and I know my experiences can help give advice to other people who go through the same thing. Whatever said and done incontinence isn't something easy to deal with and as long as no one is offensive or anything I'm fine....

I've said it before I'll say it again I owe my life to a bunch of ABDL, when medicine got done with me and said there ain't nothing we can do ,those dedicated ABDL taught me everything about wearing diapers and hiding them and all those necessary things , nowadays I don't give a shit , I am an obviously broken freaking person does my diaper make my ass look big ,no one can tell because it's surrounded by 500 pounds of metal monster and batteries and I ain't talking prius I am talking wheelchair and I could care less if people know I use diapers because ever since I have been in a wheelchair I have been a 4th class citizen, the cold hard facts , I used to think that incon should be separate, now I don't care what ever you need support with , this site is your home , every person here had been margijilized by society or worse yet there own family for a bullshit reason . Sorry to rant but can't we just embrace our strengths and differences and help each other out , the way the real world does not work. We owe it to our younger members to give them a safe place to vent or say what they need help with , I remember when community meant something in the real world let's not steal it from those that find it here ?

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Reactions: rennecfox
INCONTAL said:
Incontinent here. Had 2 diagnoses on it. Saw 2 urologist. One said its from my spinal damage i have degenerative disk decease and stenosis. 2nd one said its from my diabetic nuropathy. Both come down to nerve damage.
That is the word I was looking for it says that on my notes too that I have diabetic nuropathy. I'm not sure why anyone would want to fake incontinence. I have to admit I have become somewhat DL as a result and can't honestly say it bothers me now but fake it no way. Ask my wife what happens if I sleep without a nappy at night.

I suffer from OAB and urge incon. The only reason I'm on this page is because I get totally off by diaper related stuff. No seriously, I'm here because I consider this page as well as a more genuine incontinence forum on another site a valuable source of information.

NO offense, but really, if you feel offended by those douche bags trying to mimic incontinence or ask how to become incontinent, skip reading, I do.

Seriously my bladder has had a serious bad effect on my relationship, and the really shitty thing about, I can't do anything about it my wife hates that I'm back in a diaper to deal with my bladder, and I can't do anything about it, yes I can stop using pads and diapers, but then what? back to the stage where I lived in fear of embarrassment of wetting myself, again.

I am not IC, but I'm going to comment here on this one. I agree it would be wrong to pretend to be IC if not - you didn't give an example of it happening - but I'm sure it does.

I think you are right that non-IC people should avoid positing here - and sometimes I get the impression people don't realise they are in the sub-conference. Maybe it would be better if it was a separate section rather than a sub-section?

As well as people who are weird as you so kindly describe them :) I think there are other reasons:

Some people are trying to justify to themselves wearing for whatever reason they wear. I can see this is wrong but people are not perfect - hopefully they wouldn't make things up.

Some people have small problems of their own which they are seeking answers to - or worry too much about.

Maybe people who aren't IC shouldn't offer advice here, but sometimes it is hard to stop yourself - particularly if you have some experience of what is being discussed.

Last edited:
Pinguinito said:
I am not IC, but I'm going to comment here on this one. I agree it would be wrong to pretend to be IC if not - you didn't give an example of it happening - but I'm sure it does.

I think you are right that non-IC people should avoid positing here - and sometimes I get the impression people don't realise they are in the sub-conference.

As well as people who are weird as you so kindly describe them :) I think there are other reasons:

Some people are trying to justify to themselves wearing for whatever reason they wear. I can see this is wrong but people are not perfect - hopefully they wouldn't make things up.

Some people have small problems of their own which they are seeking answers to - or worry too much about. While I can see that these must seem small to people who have to cope with IC - to us they are important because we don't really know what it is like to be IC - I can see there is a massive gap between stomach problems or urges or whatever else and genuine IC but to the person experiencing them they are pretty unnerving and they come here for answers.

Maybe people who aren't IC shouldn't offer advice here, but sometimes it is hard to stop yourself - particularly if you have some experience of what is being discussed.

Anyway personally I plan to continue to lurk on here occassionally if I see something relevant to me and I hope you don't mind.

Any member can post on any portion of the forum to which they have access. There's no question on this matter. However, those of us who lack relevant expertise would do well to keep mum unless it's to ask questions. I don't have that much of value to say on the typical Incontinence thread, so I don't generally post. If it is something I know about, I won't be the least bit concerned about what subforum it's in; that will only inform how I post.

Trevor said:
Any member can post on any portion of the forum to which they have access. There's no question on this matter. However, those of us who lack relevant expertise would do well to keep mum unless it's to ask questions. I don't have that much of value to say on the typical Incontinence thread, so I don't generally post. If it is something I know about, I won't be the least bit concerned about what subforum it's in; that will only inform how I post.

Agreed. Good advice.

People? Full of shit? On a diaper forum? How ironic...

But yeah. This is an anonymous internet forum. Nearly every facet of one's existence here could be an utter lie, and provided those lies were harmonious and not overly fantastical, nobody would know. So with that in mind, and given the number of members ADISC has, it sort of goes without saying that a few of our ICs here are in fact quite continent, and are pulling our collective leg because they see incontinence as an enviable attribute.

But then the same can probably be said about just about every other thing a person here might claim to be, have, or whatever. Despite the efforts of the mods, I'm sure we have quite a few underage members here because... Duh. We probably also have a few oldies who... "underestimate"... their ages to dodge some perceived stigma of oldness (this forum's for babies, after all). We probably also have males calling themselves females because they crave attention, and females calling themselves males because they don't. We probably have self-conscious unemployed people propping up their egos by claiming to have important jobs, and compulsive pity-seekers who, despite having decent jobs, nonetheless identify as unemployed high school drop-outs. Ehhh... Maybe only one or two examples of that. We probably have married people lying about the level of acceptance they receive from their spouses, or even claiming to be "out" with their significant others when in fact those significant others don't know shit! Why? Because even though we're all quite practiced at keeping this stuff secret, secret-keeping is still bad, and we should all be ashamed to death about ever doing it. We probably have a gazillion or so members with other self-attributed mental or physical conditions, variously because they get high on the resulting pity, because they're comforted by the act of labeling life's hurdles (even when they're not qualified to do it), or because they like to preemptively excuse poor behavior ("I have Tourette Syndrome. Fuck! Shit! Ass!!").

I guess I'll come clean: I'm not IC. I know my avatar is misleading that way, and I apologize to all those who were fooled.

Cottontail said:
We probably also have males calling themselves females because they crave attention, and females calling themselves males because they don't.

Something I have learned over the years is I don't like lying. It's typically why I always tell people i'm transgender and am always open about it. When I lie to others I tend to feel pretty bad. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing more I would want to do than to just tell to people i'm female and that's that. However, it frankly hurts me to know I would be deceiving people. Umm I know some people would say it's not really deceiving them because "you are female." But the reality of the matter is, when someone asks or I tell someone, I know what it is they will assume. If I tell someone I am female, they are going to believe female as in biologically. So to me it's still deceitful.

I also do not see why people would "fake" being having IC. I am not one of them I have been followed by a urologist for years now and in explicitly states "Urinary Incontinence" on my medical record.

While I do not see why anyone would want to be incontinent I do have to give credit to the AB/DL community for creating a demand for products that can keep me dry (the store brans/depend, tenna, etc do not hold anything), there is nothing worse than having a physical disability and then find your diaper leaked when in public (the stares that you get).

mikejames said:
How many of you are actually incontinent? I suspect the vast majority on this site are just faking it. It's really annoying. There's one tiny section of this website buried for some reason under the "Diaper Talk" forum for incontinence when it should pretty obviously have it's own area.

I hate to say it but when you're really incontinent you can pick up on when people are just totally full of shit and posting fake incon crap to get themselves off. I'm getting kind of sick of it.

Is anyone else here actually suffering from unwanted incontinence, or am I spinning my wheels with a bunch of fetishists pretenders?

I also wish this forum had age sections because putting up with the crap teens post on here is insufferable. /rant.

preach it!!!!!! the fetishists are annoying for sure, especially the basement dwellers... yes your not alone.. yes there are some of us who are indeed IC i wont whine about it because the alternative is i could be totally paralized.. so ill definetly deal with a lesser of evils issue.....

INTrePid said:
I've never claimed to be incontinent. You don't have to be incontinent to post in the "Incontinence" forum.
Yes, I know that. But that doesn't mean pretending to be incontinent when posting in the incontinent section is or should be acceptable. It makes the people doing it essentially trolls.

INTrePid said:
You just have to be respectful and helpful. I know just as much, if not perhaps more, about diapers and incontinence solutions than the average person with incontinence.
Sure you do.

Sorry but that's way too subjective to seriously respond to.

INTrePid said:
I get that you've had a bad experience with us "fetish people" elsewhere on the web but you shouldn't let a few bad apples (and it really is a small group of quite messed up people who pretend to be incontinent and post on every incontinence forum on the internet) taint your opinion of entire community.

It hasn't tainted my view of the entire community. I'm simply posting that it's annoying and seeing if other truly incon people feel the same way. Judging by the responses, they do.

INTrePid said:
You should call out everyone whom you suspect to be faking incontinence. That's how this forum regulates itself, weeds out trolls, and maintains its standards of ethical conduct. What you shouldn't do is make wildly broad claims, like in this thread, where you say that "most" people here who say they are incontinent faking it. Call out the people who need to be called out. That's part of your responsibility as member of this forum. And that's something that can only be done on a individual-by-individual basis.

I disagree. I could mistakenly call out someone who actually IS incontinent and the last thing an incontinent person needs is someone doubting their condition.

Also, I NEVER said "most" people here are faking it. You literally made that up.

INTrePid said:
You don't have to be incontinent to give good advice to people who are incontinent. Your doctor probably knows nothing about the daily realities of being incontinent either, but you listen to his advice, because he's a medical expert. Many of the people here are diaper experts who can offer valuable advice to people, such as yourself, who rely on diapers. There should be a positive, synergistic relationship between diaper lovers and incontinent people, not a negative, antagonistic one.
I agree. People here can offer good advice on diapers. But unless you have a conditon, I suppose you simply can't understand how annoying it is to see other people act like A) they have that condition when they in fact do no and/or B) act like they wish that they had the condition. If you don't get that, you probably never will.

INTrePid said:
If you don't like this place, you're free to leave. No one is forcing you to stay here. Making threads full of complaints and unsubstantiated allegations against a broad group of people isn't going to accomplish anything or win you any favors. There's nothing wrong with criticism, but it should be kept constructive and factual.
I don't like your tone here. If you don't like my thread, you're free to not read it. Don't tell me what I can post or how I should post. I have every right to state my opinions here and MOST of the responses from incontinent people show they agree with me.

According to my insurance company. Having a doctor write incontinent in your medical record, and even getting a prescription for diapers along with a statement saying they are medically necessary, still does not equal enough proof that you're incontinent.

Either that or they just give bs excuses for not wanting to cover something they should.

mikejames said:
Also, I NEVER said "most" people here are faking it. You literally made that up.

So your account was hacked when someone using your username posted "I suspect the vast majority on this site are just faking it." in I might add the first post in this message? (you may want to talk to moo, I'd be kind of concerned if people were making up stuff using my name ;) )

AnalogRTO said:
Incontinence, why in the world would anybody want to fake this? It sucks being incontinent! Think about all the crap that goes with it--having to keep a change with you, the cost of diapers, how much suitcase space it takes up when you go on vacation, worries about leaks, trying to keep hygiene done well, the list goes on.

The only way I'd 'fake' it is if I was simply pretending as part of ageplay. I have done 24/7 stints before where I just go when I need to, didn't matter for what or where or around who. I think the people who fake it, we'll say in reality rather than the forum, don't even think about how degrading it must feel to have no choice but to piss yourself in front of your SO. But it's easier to fake it on the forum since a persona online is cheaper than in person.

mikejames said:

That's true. You said "a vast majority" which is obviously very different than "most".

mikejames said:
I don't like your tone here. If you don't like my thread, you're free to not read it. Don't tell me what I can post or how I should post. I have every right to state my opinions here and MOST of the responses from incontinent people show they agree with me.

Bear in mind that "tone" is one of the hardest things to convey or interpret in a written medium when the original author and their personality is unknown to you. In other words, most of the perceived "tone" is in your head or preconceived. His post was a simple suggestion of one solution to your original problem. Some people may not fit in with every crowd, and that's ok. No reason to try and force it.

You're correct. There are quite a few people over the many many years this site has been around that have claimed to be what they aren't, have conditions they don't, or express their personal fantasies as fetishists. For the most part, this community is very quick eyed to spot the fakes and not give them too much attention and exceptionally good at educating those that express interest in becoming incontinent and so forth.

All that being said, those people all have just as much right to post what they want however they want (within the rules of the site). If you don't like their threads you're free to not read them. Or you could engage each of them in vicious one on one keyboard combat to the internet death. Or you could engage them in conversation and get to know them, the basis of their fantasies or reasoning for what they say, and lend them the knowledge of your personal experiences.

Slomo said:
According to my insurance company. Having a doctor write incontinent in your medical record, and even getting a prescription for diapers along with a statement saying they are medically necessary, still does not equal enough proof that you're incontinent.

Either that or they just give bs excuses for not wanting to cover something they should.

I had to see my doctor and get refered to the urology clinic at my local hospital. I had various tests done and then had a consultation with a urologist before my diagnosis was sent to my doctor who then refered me to the NHS Continence service as my incontinence can not be cured so it was up to the continence service to decide what help they could give me in managing my problem. My medical notes no state I am both incontinent and enuretic. I honestly don't see how anyone could fake incontinence and get it by the medical profession.

rennecfox said:
So your account was hacked when someone using your username posted "I suspect the vast majority on this site are just faking it." in I might add the first post in this message? (you may want to talk to moo, I'd be kind of concerned if people were making up stuff using my name ;) )

Damn it...fine you got me. I'll eat crow on that. I hadn't remembered writing that. Regardless, I think "a lot" here are faking it. moving on.....

- - - Updated - - -

ST50 said:
I had to see my doctor and get refered to the urology clinic at my local hospital. I had various tests done and then had a consultation with a urologist before my diagnosis was sent to my doctor who then refered me to the NHS Continence service as my incontinence can not be cured so it was up to the continence service to decide what help they could give me in managing my problem. My medical notes no state I am both incontinent and enuretic. I honestly don't see how anyone could fake incontinence and get it by the medical profession.

You'd be surprised. Depending on the type of incon it really could be quite easy to fake. I have OAB with urge incontinence and even my first urodynamic study failed to demonstrate my bladder spasms and leakage. The doctor at that point had already used my history (as given to him by me) as the basis for diagnosing me with OAB. This is actually how OAB and urge incontinence is usually diagnosed, simply by the patient's given history. Months later when meds weren't working and my sympoms were getting worse the urologist suggested repeating the urodynamic study. This time around my bladder cooperated and spasmed and leaked.

Someone could quite easily just go tell their doctor they have OAB like symptoms, get referred to a urologist, repeat all the standard OAB/Urge Incon symptoms and in most cases the doctor will simply diagnose you with OAB with urge incontinence and start you on pills. Since the tests for bladder problems are generally quite invasive and stressful for the patient, theses tests are usually not first line of attack. Only after the behavioral modifications and or meds fail do they typically order a cystoscopy and urodynamic study. And even while urodynamic studies are the "gold standard" for confirming OAB, it's fairly common for the study to be inconclusive.

Where someone faking it would run into trouble is if they tried to fake a spasm or leak while having the urodynamic test done. The various pressure sensors would be able to tell that the person is purposely squeezing their bladder and releasing their sphincter.

Malingerers are people who fake medical conditions, usually for purposes of insurance fraud (a guy who's neck is just fine showing up in court with a neck brace in an insurance settlement for instance) but it is also often something attention seekers do.

This thread wasn't focused on people faking it with doctors, more just ABDL's faking it on the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back