Why do people do there weekly shopping at small shops?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleJess

Banned
Drives me fucking nuts, you know those small shops, where you get a few items, kind of like smoke shops etc, you've always got that one bastard who decided to do there literal whole week shopping there, you end up waiting 30 minutes, because of that one asshole holding up the line.

I just wanted a bag of coffee, I'm half asleep about to collapse due to multiple problems ATM, god damn it, it's not a fucking super market, Think of this small shop like a servo station, you go there for lunch, smokes and petrol, you don't do your weekly shopping there, you can tell I'm pissed off hehe >.<

Still baffles me to this day, yeah It's cheap, but don't hold up the line for those who come to the shop for the actual purposes, poor people needing a few items, there is a reason they don't have bags or trolleys you know.

It's one of those poor people stores, think of it like those 99c stores, or goodwill, although I'm middle class, I myself am poor as fuck obviously.

Damn, sorry had to rant about this, drives me nuts, not everyone has the energy to stand up in line all the time, if I had it my way I would of collapsed on the ground lol.

[Off topic]
Tuesday I've got another blood test, so lets see how that turns out, maybe it would explain why I'm all unwell. Doctors don't know what is wrong, thought it was an ulcer, turns out it's not, it's not an infection either, there taking another test to rule that out, I also suspect my blood sugar is totally whack, there are times, I feel like collapsing to the ground, after a soda I feel fine)

Well, if they have the money to pay for it, then they are allowed to do so. Not much you can do about it, nor are they doing anything wrong really. :dunno:
You also can't say they are holding up the line cause they are a customer just as much as you are.

For me though those type of things don't bother me. I am pretty patient with stuff like that.

[Off topic]
Hopefully they figure it out. hugs

Last edited:
brabbit1987 said:
Well, if they have the money to pay for it, then they are allowed to do so. Not much you can do about it, nor are they doing anything wrong really. :dunno:
You also can't say they are holding up the line cause they are a customer just as much as you are.

For me though those type of things don't bother me. I am pretty patient with stuff like that.

True, but that's not really the purpose of that shop, :p plus image having low blood sugar while waiting in line, it's a literal hell. You feel like, meh fuck this, I'mma collapse right here (not literally of course) I had enough energy to keep myself up though. Than it gets to the point your struggling to pay money cause your shaking so much.

I've got a lot wrong with me AHAHAHA :p

If sugar makes you feel better, you might by hypoglycemic. If you are, there are related problems with ingesting to much sugar, as it can cause blood sugar plunges. I hope your doctor can help you with whatever is wrong. A simple blood sugar test can tell whether you are hypoglycemic or not, but you might have to do a blood fasting test.

As for small stores and tall orders, I don't usually experience that. I live in a small city and we mostly have big box stores. Everyone has a lot of items in their carts and it's almost always a sort of long wait. What I hate are shoppers who aren't organized, have to fish for a credit card that works, have a million coupons, etc. There are a lot of people who have no clue that they're inconveniencing others, and worse, they don't care.

dogboy said:
If sugar makes you feel better, you might by hypoglycemic. If you are, there are related problems with ingesting to much sugar, as it can cause blood sugar plunges. I hope your doctor can help you with whatever is wrong. A simple blood sugar test can tell whether you are hypoglycemic or not, but you might have to do a blood fasting test.

As for small stores and tall orders, I don't usually experience that. I live in a small city and we mostly have big box stores. Everyone has a lot of items in their carts and it's almost always a sort of long wait. What I hate are shoppers who aren't organized, have to fish for a credit card that works, have a million coupons, etc. There are a lot of people who have no clue that they're inconveniencing others, and worse, they don't care.

Don't forgot the 100 credit cards that decline #richfolks2016

There is that possibility, I haven't brought it up to the doctor just yet, but it would explain some of the hallucinations I've been having while half asleep.

Starrunner said:
.(I need to go calm down now)..

Haha.....

I was trying to pay for two subs at Subway and there was a woman ahead of me, trying to pay for her sub. She must have had at least 20 credit cards out on the counter, trying to find one that worked. She was young and good looking, and the jerk guy at the counter was trying each one, and talking and talking to her and wasting everyone's time. I had purchased hot, and I empathize the word hot, hot meatball subs, which now were getting cold. I finally said, "Could you ring me up before these get cold?" He then told me to be patient as he continued to flirt with her. It was the last time I have ever gone to Subway. I will never go back to any of their crappy stores and I hope he goes to cold cuts hell.

dogboy said:
Haha.....

I was trying to pay for two subs at Subway and there was a woman ahead of me, trying to pay for her sub. She must have had at least 20 credit cards out on the counter, trying to find one that worked. She was young and good looking, and the jerk guy at the counter was trying each one, and talking and talking to her and wasting everyone's time. I had purchased hot, and I empathize the word hot, hot meatball subs, which now were getting cold. I finally said, "Could you ring me up before these get cold?" He then told me to be patient as he continued to flirt with her. It was the last time I have ever gone to Subway. I will never go back to any of their crappy stores and I hope he goes to cold cuts hell.

LOL ... That's funny. No worries, subway sucks anyway. It's like the worst place to get a sub really. Then again, I used to work there and eat there everyday.
I hate their saying "Eat Fresh!" which is a load of bullyshit.

Bullyshit? that's a new one :p also don't forget the entire Jared Fogel thing. Kind of ruined the company imo.

Haha...yeah, Subway deserved Jared Fogel.

Shybug said:
Bullyshit? that's a new one :p also don't forget the entire Jared Fogel thing. Kind of ruined the company imo.

ROFL .. oops. Not sure how I put a "y" in there XD. Was meant to just be bullshit XD.

I hate waiting too but I hate corporate supermarkets more, if I can I prefer to support small business.

brabbit1987 said:
rofl .. Oops. Not sure how i put a "y" in there xd. Was meant to just be bullshit xd.

omg xd

Actually I much prefer to do my weekly diaper shopping at a small mobility store in the town where I work as a volunteer because it's much less embarrassing Tha having to buy them from a supermarket or chain-store because there's less chance of me being caught out whilst buying my diapers.

And also the fact that I tend to shop locally and support the smaller shops as they give much better levels of service generally than some of the bigger shops do and I can shop without the fear of someone looking over my shoulders as I get very paranoid and uncomfortable about that.

Yours sincerely
Chinababy888.

Maxx said:
Our Subway dude is speedy. Almost to the point where I'd suspect chemical enhancement.

Ya, when I worked at subway, they made me get cybernetic enhancements with a chip implant with an ingredient list. They really take their fast in fast food seriously.
lol Kidding of course. But on a serious note ... the subways I worked at required you to be speedy.

brabbit1987 said:
Ya, when I worked at subway, they made me get cybernetic enhancements with a chip implant with an ingredient list. They really take their fast in fast food seriously.
lol Kidding of course. But on a serious note ... the subways I worked at required you to be speedy.

Reminds me of #alexjones #rfid xD

People shop big at small stores because they are stupid. They go into a dollar store thinking everything there will be cheap, but the reality is those stores have big markups which just rip people off. The same for gas stations, but these add in the illusion of convenience. You're already there for the gas so you might as well pick up everything else you need (at a markup you idiots).

Slomo said:
People shop big at small stores because they are stupid. They go into a dollar store thinking everything there will be cheap, but the reality is those stores have big markups which just rip people off. The same for gas stations, but these add in the illusion of convenience. You're already there for the gas so you might as well pick up everything else you need (at a markup you idiots).

Yeah I usually just go there for 1 or 2 items, like a bag of coffee for $2 literally a full tin, nice place though. :p

Slomo said:

I am sort of curious how you can say a dollar store has big markups. How so? Isn't just about everything a dollar? Like I can go into a dollar store and get a 2.5 liter of soda for $1. It's far cheaper than soda at other stores, so I don't know what you are talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back