Hehehe, you all wear diapers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleJess

Banned
Hehehe, all of you people wear diapers.

How do you deal with the smell down there? seems if I don't change too often, I get a smell that is unpleasant.

Maybe it's caused by cheap diapers, I wouldn't know, any tips and tricks?

(oh poop, wrong section)

Even if I shower, it kind of sticks, I've heard that shaving helps with it a bit.

Last edited:
Yeah I wear diapers nothing wrong with that , but to those that laugh at my diapers I remind them it's curing my IC ,they unfortunately can't be cured of Stupidity!

Yes cheap diapers get stinky quick , have you taken the basic precautions of manicurist the lawn that helps a lot , scented wipes or the unscented odor neutralizing ones can help.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Shybug said:
Hehehe, all of you people wear diapers.

How do you deal with the smell down there? seems if I don't change too often, I get a smell that is unpleasant.

Maybe it's caused by cheap diapers, I wouldn't know, any tips and tricks?

(oh poop, wrong section)

Even if I shower, it kind of sticks, I've heard that shaving helps with it a bit.

If you clean up thoroughly it should be fine,
Even when I clean up after a bm it doesn't smell at all. Also changing asap after a bm, or after your diaper is full also helps

Shaving does help with the smell lingering, helps with cleanup as well. A proper wash and being clean shaved should do away with most smells.

Anyone gets used to odors eventually if they're around them regularly, even if not continuously. I'm sure my bedroom smells fairly heavily of baby powder. There's usually a fine dusting of it on the wood floor near the diaper cabinet where I apply my powder. But I don't notice it anymore. I have to assume others do.

Wet diapers can emit odor, though not everyone is so attuned to it. It's been discussed before - mothers that have (or have had recently) kids in diapers seem to have an uncanny sense of smell for wet or messy diapers. The more you move around, the more you exchange air with the wetness and the more noticeable it will be. Also the longer the urine has been out of the body, the more pungent it will be. So if it's going to be awhile before you can change, try not to be too physically active if you want to cut down on noticeable odors.

Just as an example, I've woke up late on a Saturday morning and noticed I'm very wet, but not noticed any odor since I'm not moving around. But the moment I get up, I usually can smell urine from my diaper.

Typically the best thing to do is shave, use powder when needed, clean with wipes very thoroughly and take regular baths or showers.

Use powder every time. It absorbs the wetness and can help neutralize the odor!

I used shower gel and make sure I get it all over the area covered by a diaper.

Did anyone of you ever notice that a wet diaper smells WAY worse than wet sheets or sheets stained with dry urine? I still dont get it.

BenTennyson said:
Did anyone of you ever notice that a wet diaper smells WAY worse than wet sheets or sheets stained with dry urine? I still dont get it.
Try a cloth diaper over nite, I wreak in the morning, the only one who seems to enjoy it is my service dog , he can't wait for me to take the covers off so he can stick his nose into my crotch and get a big whiff ? Makes no sense to me that my dog likes the smell of ammonia in the morning.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Shybug said:
any tips and tricks?

Don't shave, that will cause irritation when it starts to grow again. Instead, cut it short with scissors. Just be careful with it as it's a sensitive area. I've never knicked myself in at least 12 years.

Get a strong-scented shampoo and use it to wash the hairs that are there during each shower.

Use a good amount of baby powder each time.

You don't have to drink lots of water, but try to drink a little every hour.

Avoid certain foods like asparagus.

Certain medications can cause added smells too, but you can't really do anything about that if you need them.

Get day-time use diapers that are thinner and that you change more frequently. Say, every four hours. Save the twelve hour premium diaper session for once you're home alone for the rest of the night, and overnight to sleep in.

BenTennyson said:

Warning, this is just a personal theory, no facts here!

I believe it's because of the SAP. I noticed that my Fabine Teddy Max diapers have the worst odor problem of any diapers I have. They are also the ones that swell more than any others by a very large amount, meaning they have the most SAP.

Diapers with higher wood pulp seem to smell less bad.

Seconding the idea to cut hair short rather than shave it.

-keep you hair down there trimmed (or shaved if you prefer). Too many hairs will trap the urine, and smell, and will also make you more prone to rashes. There is no real improvement between well trimmed and shaved though, so that's just personal preference.

-stay hydrated. If your pee is yellow or dark yellow, they you're dehydrated. Your pee is too concentrated and will stink much worse.

-use decent diapers. Pretty much anything less than a plastic seni quatro or abena xplus is going to stink much worse. The cheaper diapers become overly saturated too quickly, which in turn is what makes them stink so easily.

don't just use soap, use shampoo for your diaper area,

I wear only cloth diapers with powder and plastic pants too

I guess my brain-dead advice would be: If you don't want your diapers to stink, you're best off not putting stinky things into them. Save pooping for the potty, and keep yourself well-hydrated so that your pee will be as watery and odorless as possible. Drinking more means that you'll pee more, of course, which will also encourage regular diaper changes, another odor-avoidance strategy.

When I'm around the house, I mostly wear cloth diapers (prefolds) and plastic pants, recalling how I was diapered as a baby. Pull-on plastic pants are pretty decent for odor control, and as I'm also generally well-hydrated, I tend not to wrestle much with odors. I also change my diapers very regularly, which is somewhat less of an issue when they're washable.

alwayz said:
I wear only cloth diapers with powder and plastic pants too

I approve !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back