Not open for further replies.

FeekaDimension

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
Over the last few years I've noticed that I've been getting more extreme "urges" that need to be taken care of quickly than before. I also wet myself a fair amount when I sneeze now, once so badly I needed to go home and change. I also sometimes start leaking slightly when I lie down on my side, and rush to the bathroom before anything else can come out.

I checked all my medications with my doctors and they said that none of them have ever been linked to incontinence. I've always had these sort of problems but never at this level of.... leakage? My parents insist I'm too young to have these problems (I am 25) but they're not experts in the medical field so I take their accusations with a grain of salt.

Is this normally how it begins? When is it serious enough that I would need to start wearing bladder pads? What should i discuss with my doctor?

You definitely need to discuss with your doctor. He/she are the best to advise you on your specific case.

You could have urge incontinence like many have even in young age. Meaning you still have a bladder or bowel control, but more like a toddler with potty training feel. I had this condition for a long time feeling like I'm not going to make it to the bathroom in time and gain more then the normal person does.
I would suggest seeing a doctor to to be on the safe side and it may be something they could address for you.

This may or may not be related to your problem, but I figured that it's worth throwing out there. There's a bit of a phenomenon that's been discovered by more than a number of AB/DLs who use their diapers. I've personally found that the more I wear the less control I seem to have, and if I stop wearing for a while the control comes back. Recently my sleep has been being disrupted by urgent needs to wake up to pee, I never used to have that problem, and the other night I think I may have leaked a little bit in bed. These are things I've linked to that bladder relaxation and conditioning I get from wearing often, when I don't wear as often these problems don't happen for me, so it may be possible that if you wear, and have worn A LOT lately try cutting back on it and see if it helps the problem. Aside from that though I would still contact your doctor and have them do a checkup, just to be safe.

AddyShadows said:
I've personally found that the more I wear the less control I seem to have, and if I stop wearing for a while the control comes back.

Thanks for the tip, Addy, but I only wear diapers a few times every few months, because I still live at home and it upsets my parents even if I have clothing over it. So I have to wear them sparingly. I don't think one night every few months is going to effect my bladder like this.

Related: I notice my bowels often go into overdrive when I eat cereals like Banana Nut crunch and Mini Wheats... I'll uncontrollably start farting/needing to poop quickly. But I don't think that's what's effecting my bladder because as far as I know, fiber doesn't have an effect on urination...

I have called my doctor's office and it looks like I'll be able to get an appointment in Wednesday. Again if I'm becoming incontinent and this leads to me needing diapers then I have no issue with it, I just want to make sure it's not some other, bigger issue causing me to wet.

FeekaDimension said:
Related: I notice my bowels often go into overdrive when I eat cereals like Banana Nut crunch and Mini Wheats... I'll uncontrollably start farting/needing to poop quickly. But I don't think that's what's effecting my bladder because as far as I know, fiber doesn't have an effect on urination...

If you aren't use to high fiber, it will do that at first (til your bowels get use to it)

It doesn't sound like your current diaper use would be causing your urges. My guess is that something else is going on. Like the others have said, you should talk to a urologist to rule out what you can.

Also take note, being able to wear a diaper when you want to is completely different than being forced into wearing them 24/7. It's also quite expensive too, and leaks will happen at really bad times. Make sure this is something you really want, and can live with, before letting your urges get worse.

If you leak urine when you sneeze, it's called stress incontinence. Urgency is usually associated with OAB. If you leak as a result of the urges, like you feel your bladder squeezing despite your best efforts to hold it then it's urge incontinence.

When you have both of these symptoms it's usually termed "mixed incontinence".

Often stress incontinence can be helped quite effectively with kegels and pelvic floor exercises. It's not as effective (IMO) for urge incontinence but is still recommended as the first line of treatment.

In any case, if you ever leak urine involuntarily it is incontinence and needs to be discussed with a doctor.

Regarding age: you're not too young. That's a misconception. Though it is MUCH LESS COMMON in younger people. My incon started in my 30s with bedwetting and progressed to urgency and urge incontinence. At 35 I'm also "too young" for this. The doctor told me there are plenty of other people like me and that while my issues would make more sense if I was 60, it does happen to people half that age as well.

My incontinence started with some slight dribbling during the day. I would find my under pants damp, stained and smelly by the end of the day. Not long after this I started wetting the bed again. Gradually my incontinence got worse and now I am in nappies 24/7. My incontinence is caused by diabetic related problems and can not be cured.

My urge incontinence progressed fairly quickly after I had a blood clot in my thigh and left leg. I know it's no where near the bladder but somehow some way it messed things up. My leg is a mangled mess of veins that don't transfer blood properly and my leg is always swollen. Anyway, kinda off topic, but I had OAB before the clot, and then they put me on high doses of blood thinners in the hospital and during aftercare and I noticed that my OAB had gotten worse. I was still able to feel it coming, but never was able to get to the bathroom. Now I wear diapers pretty much all the time. It's funny, (not really) but one thing that has nothing to do with your bladder or bowels can go wrong and those get affected. I've had cystoscopys and other wonderful tests since then and the doctors can't come up with anything other than severe urge incontinence or a neurological problem. But my brain has been scanned and I've done urodynamic testing too, but still no firm diagnosis. I know my medical file is filled with complaints from me about this but I don't think I've been labeled as incontinent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back