Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 80

Thread: Can you prove Fox news is biased?

  1. #1

    Default Can you prove Fox news is biased?

    Just as the topic title says... try to prove fox news is biased.

    Everyone not only on her but around the world is saying "oh fox news sucks fox news" that fox news this. However I have yet to see one person actually try and prove it.

  2. #2
    dprdinky

    Default

    All you have to do is to look at how they view people politically. Enough said.

  3. #3

    Default

    It seems many people confuse commentators with news reporters. Commentators comment and say what they think. It's not their job to be unbiased. The news reporters are the ones who are not supposed to be biased.

    I don't think there's much question that FOX generally leans to the right. But, that's mainly their commentators.

  4. #4

    Default

    It's 5.58 AM here right now and I really need some sleep. So instead of explaining why Fox is about as unbiased and Cuban journalism, I'll leave you with the advice to watch: Outfoxed: Rupert Murdoch's War on Journalism.

  5. #5

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by chevre View Post
    It seems many people confuse commentators with news reporters. Commentators comment and say what they think. It's not their job to be unbiased. The news reporters are the ones who are not supposed to be biased.

    I don't think there's much question that FOX generally leans to the right. But, that's mainly their commentators.
    That is disingenuous though. If you are a news program, but you fill all your news segments with commentators, you are a being biased. It is like how people keep trying to say Rush is not a voice of the republican party, but they bring him to conventions, have him speak for events, and pressure members to not talk back at him. You can't say one thing and have it be true when you do the other.

    CNBC has been trying to pull the same stuff by saying they are just a business entertainment channel trying to avoid the fact they haven't done their job properly by downplaying their position.

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by chevre View Post
    It seems many people confuse commentators with news reporters. Commentators comment and say what they think. It's not their job to be unbiased. The news reporters are the ones who are not supposed to be biased.

    I don't think there's much question that FOX generally leans to the right. But, that's mainly their commentators.
    I never thought of it that way. :P

    On almost every fox news channel show I watch their commentators are republican, asides for a few liberals sometimes.

    Also dprdinky they view people just the same as CNN, MSNBC, CBS,ABC, NBC etc. I mean you can't control if a person is republican, liberal or independent or a republican/liberal moderate.

    On the last presidential election cycle they had the best positive/negative news story on each presidential candidate to pretty much the exact same numbers. Meaning they had pretty much the same number of positive stories on Obama as they did with Mccain, same goes for the negative stories.

    Also I asked for proof, not personal opinions.

  7. #7

    Default

    like chevre said, it's the commentators. all national news stations like to have their slants and while we're at it, why call it news when it's not, per se. these are just channels of informative entertainment. does it really matter that natalie holoway is missing, it's the 10th anniversary of jon bennet's death, or that mcdonalds is having a in-store makeover? no, it doesn't (or at least it shouldn't).
    the big hit agains news corp./murdoch enterprise/fox news is, other than their talking heads, their near monopoly on information sources. here's a good article on how murdoch's machine is running: Why Fox News Is An Industry Joke - TurnOffYourTV.com not to mention if you signed up for a myspace account, they own you too.
    just to be frank though, anyone that resorts to any national "news" network as their information source come off to me as jumpy, hand-wringing, knee jerking, anxiety ridden wrecks.
    oh and PS, i love my apocolyptic, hippy, indy news shows myself like democracy now, submedia, freespeech tv, and indymedia.

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by kite View Post
    just to be frank though, anyone that resorts to any national "news" network as their information source come off to me as jumpy, hand-wringing, knee jerking, anxiety ridden wrecks.
    oh and PS, i love my apocolyptic, hippy, indy news shows myself like democracy now, submedia, freespeech tv, and indymedia.
    I think we can agree there to a extent. However I think those types of shows/networks you like are just stupid and focus on stories that do not really matter or make sense at all. Which is why I don't watch them.

    However I did watch Current for a time but that network is overly liberal (when a co-creator is Al Gore) and I am surprised republicans can even last a day after signing up on current.com and posting their views. Not to mention Super News is insanely left winged biased.

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    I think we can agree there to a extent. However I think those types of shows/networks you like are just stupid and focus on stories that do not really matter or make sense at all. Which is why I don't watch them.

    However I did watch Current for a time but that network is overly liberal (when a co-creator is Al Gore) and I am surprised republicans can even last a day after signing up on current.com and posting their views. Not to mention Super News is insanely left winged biased.
    also, i failed to mention this before, news corp. donated to the democratic party a 22-to-1 ratio this past election... makes you think, eh.
    and i'm sorry to here people firebombing you on current. i signed up on their website to make comments, but after the first time i was on there i was very meh about it. oh and thank you al gore for the new onslaught of greenwashing.
    there's a time and a place for news and entertainment, but when they become mixed in the name of ratings and revenue, it becomes and absolute shitstorm.

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by PadDaBrat View Post
    It's 5.58 AM here right now and I really need some sleep. So instead of explaining why Fox is about as unbiased and Cuban journalism, I'll leave you with the advice to watch: Outfoxed: Rupert Murdoch's War on Journalism.
    Wow, an attack on FoxNews by a left wing movie maker. Shall we look at Mr. Greenwald's other movies?

    Negative movies about McCain, the 2000 election results, Tom DeLay, Bush, The Iraq War(at least 3)

    Positive movies/ TV shows about the ACLU, the Sierra Club, and liberal journalists.

    Somehow I don't think that this is an unbiased look at FoxNews.




    Quote Originally Posted by kite View Post
    like chevre said, it's the commentators. all national news stations like to have their slants and while we're at it, why call it news when it's not, per se. these are just channels of informative entertainment. does it really matter that natalie holoway is missing, it's the 10th anniversary of jon bennet's death, or that mcdonalds is having a in-store makeover? no, it doesn't (or at least it shouldn't).
    the big hit agains news corp./murdoch enterprise/fox news is, other than their talking heads, their near monopoly on information sources. here's a good article on how murdoch's machine is running: Why Fox News Is An Industry Joke - TurnOffYourTV.com not to mention if you signed up for a myspace account, they own you too.
    just to be frank though, anyone that resorts to any national "news" network as their information source come off to me as jumpy, hand-wringing, knee jerking, anxiety ridden wrecks.
    oh and PS, i love my apocolyptic, hippy, indy news shows myself like democracy now, submedia, freespeech tv, and indymedia.

    One of the complaints listed on that web page is how many TV networks/cable stations that Fox owns.
    How about GE owner of NBC?

    * Bravo Brands
    * CNBC Brands
    * Focus Features & Rogue Pictures Brands
    * Global Networks Brands
    * MSNBC Brands
    * Mun2 Brands
    * NBC Entertainment Brands
    * NBC News Brands
    * NBC Sports & Olympics Brands
    * NBC Universal Television Group Brands
    * NBC Universal Television Stations Brands
    * SCI FI Brands
    * Telemundo Brands
    * USA Network Brands
    * Universal Parks & Resorts Brands
    * Universal Pictures Brands
    * Universal Studios Home Entertainment Brands
    * Weather Plus

    All the media companies own lots of media outlets.

Similar Threads

  1. Prove To Me That Things Will Change/Improve
    By kite in forum Mature Topics
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 10-Sep-2008, 03:35
  2. Band news =3
    By Jakethefox in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-Apr-2008, 19:55

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.