Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where can I get Tena Slip Maxi?

Default Where can I get Tena Slip Maxi?

Im in the USA and I'd like to get my hands on a pack of Tena Slip Maxi. All the Tena products in USA have the dreaded 'Cloth-Like outer cover'. I've seen pics and read reviews of the European Tena Slip Maxi and they look quite nice.

Does anyone know how to get them in the USA?

Thanks!

USA doesn't carry them, so you'd have to get them from an unofficial retailer like a flea market vendor or an acquaintance. :P BTW, the newest Tena Slip (not maxi, the Mexican version which IDK where else is available) is an improved version of the Tena Slip Maxi and is really good even though it has a cloth-like outer over I've been delighted with it.

Quote Originally Posted by dprdinky View Post
    That's a german website, why would one buy from a german seller instead of just trying to find one in the US, or at least in America so the shipping isn't crazy high.

EmeraldsAndLime

Quote Originally Posted by Zagete View Post
    That's a german website, why would one buy from a german seller instead of just trying to find one in the US, or at least in America so the shipping isn't crazy high.
    Well look at it like this, why would a retailer in the US regularly stock a European variation of the same item? Clearly, if one were better than the other, I'd imagine people would always choose the better variety, making the other one redundant and useless to sell. You'd probably get strange looks if you asked for them to order in a brand that was already on the readily available on the shelf in your region.

But even so, finding a store that does stock them or would order them in could be a challenge in itself. Most, I assume, carry the generic, local varieties and fewer carry the more premium brands. Stores may raise the price a bit for specialty or requested stock to cover the price of ordering, importing and service fees. This is done in your local currency, so it could be considerably more expensive.

To the OP - Australia gets the European variety of the Tena Slip Maxi, and the US dollar is sitting relatively strong against the Aussie dollar right now. You might want to check out ordering from an Australian online store. You can find some links in this Wiki Article. The shipping may be high, but once you convert the currency it may be cheaper than getting a store in your region to order them in.

Because they aren't sold anywhere in North America, and Save Express is a reputable international seller (with obviously high international shipping costs). I've ordered from them myself a few times, and IIRC, Peachy has been to their store in person.

Only other place you'll find them is on Ebay occasionally.

I hope this Tena Slip Maxi is better than their protective underwear because those things are horrible. I got two free samples mailed to my house and was disappointed and I didn't even pay for the things!!

dprdinky

As has been pointed out, there is no outlet for Tena Slips Maxi in the USA. Save Express is a reputable company, although shipping is high. I'm just offering you a place to purchase an item that you are looking for as unless you are obtaining them occasionally on ebay, this is the place to go.

Quote Originally Posted by blazefan04 View Post
    I hope this Tena Slip Maxi is better than their protective underwear because those things are horrible. I got two free samples mailed to my house and was disappointed and I didn't even pay for the things!!
    The Tena Slip Maxi is completely different than the Tena products sold in the USA. It is comparable to a Secure X-Plus in absorbency, but with extended padding in the wings, and softer plastic.

I've been myself personally to Save Express store twice - it's a quite small shop compared to what you could expect from their site or the proportion of their business - and the owner told me they regularly handle overseas shipments.

The Tena Slip Maxi is indeed a quite nice diaper, it's a good quality product but at the same time, if compared to other top-level diapers, it fits nearly no less comfy than wearing regular underwear, or at least this is the impression you get if you've just changed out of an Abena... Very thin and discreet when dry, it can hold for several hours of wetting - although becoming a little bulkier after that. A product I'd highly recommend for daytime use.