Thread: Tranquility ATN Heresy

Default Tranquility ATN Heresy

The weather is getting cooler here in the deep South so I figured it was time to break out my stash of plastic backed ATN's (size large). Normally they work pretty well for me and my level of incontinence. I haven't had any leaks but I've never liked that the padding in the front seems to be fairly low and the excessive plastic backing above the front tends to roll down uncomfortably (probably due to my belly). I also noticed that the rear of the diaper has significantly larger padding which I never seem to be able to use at all and in general the diaper doesn't seem to fit as well as some others I've tried.

OK well you better be sitting down for what comes next!

So I thought what if I turned the diaper around so the larger padding was in front where I can use it the most, crazy right? Well I was shocked at the result, the ATN fit way better than when put on "correctly" and the higher padding kept the front from rolling down. I was initially worried that the tapes would be difficult to attach but again was pleasantly surprised to find that it was almost easier to tape up. I was also concerned that the center rear wouldn't have the same amount of absorbency/SAP that the front had, but after a quick water test with a new ATN I found that the center section seems to have the same amount of SAP front to rear.

Yeah I know this is crazy but I've been wearing my ATN's backwards for the last few days and they continue to work better than ever for me. Maybe it's just my body shape but even though I'm a bit overweight i'm not huge by any measure and I think I've got a fairly average figure for an "older" guy.

So if you're willing to try something a little out of the ordinary you might want to try this out, it might just work as well for you as for me. Also if you do try this out please post your results one way or the other. Hey, what have you got to lose but a single ATN (or other Diaper)?

Ooh, I think I'll try that when I change my diaper. Thanks!

Yea, I do wear it backward, when the back padding gets soaked, then I turned it around. Thank goodness for the double-tape so I could re-tape it after turning it around the right way.

Many diapers have wider padding coverage in the back, to work as "additional storage capacity" for sleeping on your back. Turning it around changes its purpose to more of a side-leak-guard, that a lot of side sleepers find helpful. I've tried it a few times but always thought it felt really weird. The tapes in the front make the front fit differently, cutting up farther and not as wide. (unless you're used to attaching the lower tapes really low) I don't personally care for it.

The padding in the back contains less, if any SAP at all, and pretty much doesn't absorb much at all. Leaning back when using the diaper usually puts the back padding to use.

Occasionally in the rare instances I do it due to a tape break, I'll put the inner diaper in backwards when I double diaper depending on if it's one with seat space it kind of funnels it down

Quote Originally Posted by MeTaLMaNN1983 View Post
    The padding in the back contains less, if any SAP at all, and pretty much doesn't absorb much at all. Leaning back when using the diaper usually puts the back padding to use.
    Yes I was concerned about that too, but when I tested a new ATN by pouring water on both front and rear areas they seemed to absorb and swell up the same everywhere on the "Peach Mat" center. It wasn't much of a scientific test but at least that's what it looked like to me.

Quote Originally Posted by PadsnPullups View Post
    Yes I was concerned about that too, but when I tested a new ATN by pouring water on both front and rear areas they seemed to absorb and swell up the same everywhere on the "Peach Mat" center. It wasn't much of a scientific test but at least that's what it looked like to me.
    It's about what works, not how much the science makes sense.