Not open for further replies.

rcane

Little White Tiger
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I'm currently wearing Tena Slip Super as a daytime diaper. It's kind of I the middle of absorbency and pretty thin.
It's good but after two to three wettings it starts to leak a little, especially when sitting.
So I'm looking for alternatives.

I know I could wear a thicker diaper but I like the discretion of a thinner diaper.

So which diaper do you use and why?

I just wear a Girls Goodnite XL. It gets the job done.

rcane said:
I'm currently wearing Tena Slip Super as a daytime diaper. It's kind of I the middle of absorbency and pretty thin.
It's good but after two to three wettings it starts to leak a little, especially when sitting.
So I'm looking for alternatives.

I know I could wear a thicker diaper but I like the discretion of a thinner diaper.

So which diaper do you use and why?

I'm using abena m4's for double incontinence, they are really good for both urinary bowel containment. They don't hold up during the night for me so I am going to be using Abu simples for the next week, it was recommended by someone here and it's absorbency is really good, seems to be good for now

rcane said:

It's hard to have thin AND absorbent, they're competing design goals. If you want to be able to wet 3-4 times without risking leaks, you're going to have to go with a thicker, less discrete diaper. Even the thin high capacity diapers won't be discrete when wet, as they swell like mad when wet.

Consider reworking your clothing maybe if you want to improve discretion in a thicker diaper. There's an enormous variety in pants, just look for those marked "relaxed fit. Put on a thick diaper then go to the store and grab a variety of relaxed fit jeans, cargo jeans, kakkis, whatever, and go to the dressing room and see what works for you. I personally like Wrangler (found easily at walmart) They have jeans that LOOK like tan dress slacks, work great for me for work where I can't otherwise wear jeans.

Seni super for my daytime use. Thin, super comfy, don't clump up, and quite absorbent. I keep some goodnite trufit boosters in my work locker and my truck in case I am worried about leaking.

A+ level 4's last me all day. They are a little thicker but I like them.

miapeters said:
I'm using abena m4's for double incontinence, they are really good for both urinary bowel containment. They don't hold up during the night for me so I am going to be using Abu simples for the next week, it was recommended by someone here and it's absorbency is really good, seems to be good for now

My nighttime diaper is Tena Slip Ultima which has about the same absorption as the m4's. I've been thinking about using these during the day at work but they do swell a lot.
My diapers leak some nights as well but not too often. It's a shame about the price of the abu diapers.

bambinod said:
It's hard to have thin AND absorbent, they're competing design goals. If you want to be able to wet 3-4 times without risking leaks, you're going to have to go with a thicker, less discrete diaper. Even the thin high capacity diapers won't be discrete when wet, as they swell like mad when wet.

Consider reworking your clothing maybe if you want to improve discretion in a thicker diaper. There's an enormous variety in pants, just look for those marked "relaxed fit. Put on a thick diaper then go to the store and grab a variety of relaxed fit jeans, cargo jeans, kakkis, whatever, and go to the dressing room and see what works for you. I personally like Wrangler (found easily at walmart) They have jeans that LOOK like tan dress slacks, work great for me for work where I can't otherwise wear jeans.

Yeah you're right. Maybe I'm trying to find something that does not exist and maybe I'm too paranoid.
I'm mostly sporting slim jeans (not skin tight but slim nonetheless) so there is one problem :D

If I'm out and about wearing regular pants I use the Attends Breathable Extra (now Attends Heavy or something like that...I wish they'd not screwed around with the brand names)>
I used to use the Sams Club (also the same as many other store brands including Walgreens) tape on diapers.

I usually just wear attends.

Truthfully, if I ever feel inclined enough to wear in public during the day, it's usually whatever I have in my stash (ABUs mainly). As for a general daytime diaper, usually just something out of whatever's in my stash.

Tranquility ATN during the day time.

Dry 24/7 during the night time.

FWIW I've found the MyDiaper model is working out really well as a snuggies replacement for daytime wear. It's slightly thicker than the wadder was, but is still slightly thinner than many of the other options. (tena slip maxi pe, sdk, preschool) Plus it has good tapes, good leak guards, front and back elastic, and is all plastic. (capacity is pretty good too) Now we just need a good US source...

I'm still looking for a good daytime use diaper when I'm 24/7. I was a relatively happy customer (one of the few) of Depends Protection with Tabs. Since they've gone to clothlike covers, I dropped them light a hot rock. I tried Attends with Waistband but they're not doing it for me. They have nice plastic but they clump too quickly and easily. I tried a new sample of Secure Plus and although I think they've improved a little, the tendency of wetness to spread is too great and the plastic is unappealing. I was leaning toward either Northshore Care Lite Supreme (award for longest name) or Tranquility ATNs but now that ABU has released Preschool Plastic, I hope my search will be ended. I'll know soon.

Trevor said:
I'm still looking for a good daytime use diaper when I'm 24/7. I was a relatively happy customer (one of the few) of Depends Protection with Tabs.

yeah it's amazing how they peaked about 2005 when they introduced that nice soft plastic, still had coverage in the rear (as opposed to using the same size pad for both size diapers like they did later on) and how after that time frame the quality dropped like most peoples playing rates at the original tetris in level 9.

I usually do the northshore supreme lite or the wellness superio if i find a good deal on them, occasionally I will sneak a bare bums or a cushie if I am feeling brave enough but truth be told the supreme lites are probably my favorite.

Trevor said:
I was leaning toward either Northshore Care Lite Supreme (award for longest name)

I've had good luck with the Supreme Lites during the day. They're about half as thick as the Supremes but still about 80% as absorbent. They even seem to be quieter than the Supremes even though they have the same plastic and are otherwise identical. The diaper I'm most interested in comparing them with is the iD Slip PE Maxi now that XP is selling them again. I'm not sure if either would beat the Preschool plastic in absorbency. It would be great to see some reviews of all these (relatively) new diapers.

Trevor said:
I'm still looking for a good daytime use diaper when I'm 24/7.

I'd recommend you try a bag of MyDiaper and see how you like them. The four (?) variants that are currently available (original white/blue/pink pastel), white, animal, and nighttime (dark blue, looks similar to idyl but not so saturated) are identical except for the shell art. I also found out this afternoon that they're pretty high on sap and swelled quite a bit more than I was expecting by the time I got home. (but still has excellent wicking, a good but uncommon combination) I'm really finding these to be great diapers with nothing to fault beyond poor availability in the USA.

For daytime use most preferable is Attends active slip M10 or M9 . Very good and easy movement in them. Can "carry" a lot of "load". For summer Tena Flex Plus or Maxi,depends how long intend to be in them. Attends active or Tena Flex are very quite ( flex cloth is baccked)

From classical type of diaper for day use I prefer ID slip expert Plus or Tena Active Fit. Ergonomically they are very good, double tapes and good absorption.

bambinod said:
I'd recommend you try a bag of MyDiaper and see how you like them. The four (?) variants that are currently available (original white/blue/pink pastel), white, animal, and nighttime (dark blue, looks similar to idyl but not so saturated) are identical except for the shell art. I also found out this afternoon that they're pretty high on sap and swelled quite a bit more than I was expecting by the time I got home. (but still has excellent wicking, a good but uncommon combination) I'm really finding these to be great diapers with nothing to fault beyond poor availability in the USA.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll see what I think after trying the new Plastic Preschools.

Cloth Preschools. I can actually use the absorbency rather than only half-using the diaper like Simple/Space/Little Pawz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back