Thread: Sorry, I made DC, and then kinda disappeared.

Default Sorry, I made DC, and then kinda disappeared.

Almost lost my sister. She's home now, but she almost. . . She didn't. I won't even say it. The doctor would've missed it, if mom hadn't insisted on a blood panel, all because the doctor thought it was, "The natural progression of being an adult with CP."

When he said that, mom was like, "Y'know, I do have another one! Same type and subtype of CP, slightly different severity level, damn near the same diet. Can you please tell me why her sister, who's 2 years older, doesn't look like an Ethiopian, or worse?!"

When he said that natural progression crap, I remember thinking, "Really?! Really?! The natural progression of a non-progressive, non-disease, birth injury to the brain?! What's she gonna do; bludgeon herself in the head?! That's how you make CP progress, reinjure the brain!" She lost so much weight so fast, y'all. Now, granted, people with severe athetoid CP do have a problem maintaining weight, but it's a chronic problem, her's happened all the sudden, and she's between moderate and severe spastic anyway, not severe athetoid.

She was born with kidney disease, which because she's had it from birth, I'm sure mom told the doctor about. Wow, the stone is huge! Still in there for now, until the damage it caused heals, the infection, which was one of the worst anyone standing in that O.R. at the time of her surgery had ever seen, clears, the blood all comes out, and they can take it out safely. Boy, she wants that catheter out, too.

Add that to, y'know what, y'all? I'm just gonna say other family drama, and ADISC was a temporary non-priority, sorry.

Never take anyone you care about for granted, one they are fine, the next day you start suspecting the conversation you had the night before would be your last, and later you realize it was.

Glad your mom stood up. That's what mom's do, or at least they're supposed to.... Hope big sis gets better faster than predicted!!

P.S. You don't need to apologize to us for focusing on real life business.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    Glad your mom stood up. That's what mom's do, or at least they're supposed to.... Hope big sis gets better faster than predicted!!

P.S. You don't need to apologize to us for focusing on real life business.
    Thanks, y'all. Maxx, I'm actually older, well, chronologically anyway. She's 2 years younger than I am. That's why almost losing her felt so weird.

One thing I've learned with all of my wife's health problems is that someone has to advocate for their loved one in the hospital. My wife has gotten really good at advocating for herself, because mistakes get made all the time in hospitals and by doctors.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    ...because mistakes get made all the time in hospitals and by doctors.
    Sadly seems more the norm than the exception, hang around long enough in a hospital and you see the most troubling sites that take away all your faith in doctors and nurses.

My fingers crossed for your sister SweeTot to bounce back quick.

Quote Originally Posted by SpAzpieSweeTot View Post
    Thanks, y'all. Maxx, I'm actually older, well, chronologically anyway. She's 2 years younger than I am. That's why almost losing her felt so weird.
    Oops. Misread.