Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bedwetting leads to IC?

Default Bedwetting leads to IC?

Hey!

I was wondering if bedwetting, forced or accidental, could lead to IC? I suffer from ocassional bed wetting, it started around early 2015 and has gotten a bit worse over thr years. I find it hard to sleep without padding and this leads to an awkward instance when my mother comes in to wake me up for school. I've also encountered many moments where I felt like I couldn't hold it at all, and have had to dash to the bathrom. I haven't really had any problems with peeing in my life besides in middle school but I drank at least 50 cans of pop a day. x3 Do you think that this problem will subside or if it will/may lead into ebntuskly what might become urinary IC?

Quote Originally Posted by NeoTheFox View Post
    Hey!

I was wondering if bedwetting, forced or accidental, could lead to IC? I suffer from ocassional bed wetting, it started around early 2015 and has gotten a bit worse over thr years. I find it hard to sleep without padding and this leads to an awkward instance when my mother comes in to wake me up for school. I've also encountered many moments where I felt like I couldn't hold it at all, and have had to dash to the bathrom. I haven't really had any problems with peeing in my life besides in middle school but I drank at least 50 cans of pop a day. x3 Do you think that this problem will subside or if it will/may lead into ebntuskly what might become urinary IC?
    50 cans of pop a day seems a little extreme, probably not good..
    Funny you should ask cause when my incontinence first started it was mostly wetting and having bm's in the night.
    That aside if you are having problems with continence you should see a doctor, there are a a lot of things which can be causing it, I wouldn't ignore it....

You've lost me. Accidental bedwetting is, by definition, incontinence. I'm not sure what Neo's last sentence mean. Limiting fluids is usually not a good way of dealing with incontinence, but in this case (50 cans) sounds like an excessive consumption of fluid. Not only is the incontinence not too surprising, it's possible you could have other issues ranging from simple obesity to hyponatremia as a result.

I'm not sure getting lazy about being continent leads to incontinence, but actively working on being continent can make the situation better (e.g., kegel exercises and the like).

I believe the OP was referring to their middle school days with the 50 cans comment, I dont think its applicable to the current situation

I also believe its an exaggeration, most likely not literally 50 cans, but who are we to know?

Quote Originally Posted by MommyandMattling View Post
    I believe the OP was referring to their middle school days with the 50 cans comment, I dont think its applicable to the current situation

I also believe its an exaggeration, most likely not literally 50 cans, but who are we to know?
    I used to get yelled at for drinking thr whole 12 case of dr. Pepper in a day. x3 I drank A LOT lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by miapeters View Post
    50 cans of pop a day seems a little extreme, probably not good..
    Funny you should ask cause when my incontinence first started it was mostly wetting and having bm's in the night.
    That aside if you are having problems with continence you should see a doctor, there are a a lot of things which can be causing it, I wouldn't ignore it....
    I was planning to go see a doc once I get a new doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by willnotwill View Post
    You've lost me. Accidental bedwetting is, by definition, incontinence. I'm not sure what Neo's last sentence mean. Limiting fluids is usually not a good way of dealing with incontinence, but in this case (50 cans) sounds like an excessive consumption of fluid. Not only is the incontinence not too surprising, it's possible you could have other issues ranging from simple obesity to hyponatremia as a result.

I'm not sure getting lazy about being continent leads to incontinence, but actively working on being continent can make the situation better (e.g., kegel exercises and the like).
    I only have a soda every now and then. When I was drinking 50 was when I was middle school x3.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MommyandMattling View Post
    wow so much soda for a growing child!, you must be from down south a bit ?
    Grew up in the mountains of North Carolina then moved to the beach in South carolina, not too southern x3 although some would argue I'm a bit too southern.

All the pop could lead to diabetes, and incontinence can be a symptom of it (usually by that time it can be permanent and it isn't always just bladder)

Quote Originally Posted by rennecfox View Post
    All the pop could lead to diabetes, and incontinence can be a symptom of it (usually by that time it can be permanent and it isn't always just bladder)
    It's safe to say I'm not diabetic x3 that was a looooonnnng time ago and I learnt how bad soda is when your drink it constantly. I mostly stick to water and tea now.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoTheFox View Post
    It's safe to say I'm not diabetic x3 that was a looooonnnng time ago and I learnt how bad soda is when your drink it constantly. I mostly stick to water and tea now.
    Tea without sugar?
    It's not that bad really, it brings out the real taste, without milk too,

Another factor could be how often you wear and use diapers. I know whenever I'd go for an extended amount of time in diapers, I'd get comfortable using them at the first sign. After awhile I'd wake up with a very urgent need to go that sometimes wouldn't make it to a bathroom and often have to pinch it off and make a mad dash.