Thread: Help Finding a Caretaker?

Default Help Finding a Caretaker?

Hewwo again! I wanted to make another thread here, because um... I'm not exactly sure how to begin with looking for a caretaker! I would feel really rude and shy asking someone.... Would that be out of place? Also, does anyone have any tips for finding one? How did you meet yours? :-)

Feel free to share as much or as little as you'd like! I really would appreciate the help and/or advice. <3

Hi Thebunnyprince

just a warning for you to tack your time over finding a caregiver, not all of them are nice people. there are site out there where you can say that you are looking for someone to care for you. but I have found that sometimes they come along from out side ABDL community.

stay safe out there Little one

Sisi

In my experience, you have to be willing to 'put yourself out there' to actually find a caregiver. The number of available carers within the AB community is actually fairly small, so a broader effort will increase your chances of success considerably.

I've had more than a dozen babysitters since 1985. Every one has either been a friend or referred to me by someone I trusted enough to tell about my 'little' side and my caregiving needs. Several have been professional healthcare providers - a CNA, a couple of nurses, etc. - but most had no previous experience caring for an adult.

I knew my current 'nanny' for nearly a year before I sat down and had 'the talk' with her. As it happens, she's been by far the best caregiver I've found. Had I not had a friendship with her, I doubt I would have found her. So my best advice is to think about who you know and who they may know, and then decide to 'put yourself out there' to a person or two you absolutely trust. While they may be surprised, shocked or have no interest themselves, they may know someone who has a strong maternal instinct or healthcare experience.

Good luck!