Confession.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleJess

Banned
I don't vote, nor do I care about politics, period.

That being said, I don't vote, nor do I care about politics, that being said it seems that politics and religion seem to rule peoples lives, while honestly I see voting as pointless, usually you have two or three idiots who how do I explain this, have ideals that half the people agree or disagree with. They never seem to change much, and along the lines the other party wins fucking everything up even more. It's one step forward, two steps back from what I can see.

One politician for example would target the poor and health care, anti-gay community whatever the usual crap is, the other will target the rich bastards etc and usually this causes "heat" between people who have two different political views.

Long story short, doesn't matter who you vote for, you're fucked anyway, personally with me if you want to see change, get off your bum and protest, to me it's literally watching a bunch of idiots arguing about a topic they don't understand, like fucking Hollywood gossip.

That being said, some people like to try and "put you in a group" lets say you are for gay marriage, some idiot would tell you, that you are (group X) Meanwhile I'm along the lines of not giving a shit, I'm a rational person, I'm not picking person X cause they say one thing I might agree with, nor does that make me that political group. If a serial killer tells me I'm beautiful I'm not gonna fucking worship him.

Than you always have two or three idiots, who turn everything into a political argument on things you literally cannot "pick", I've seen people do this with evolution, and climate change. oh that's what the liberals want you to think, no it's scientific fact you idiot, nothing to do with god damn politics. [pun intended]

You usually see that on Facebook, or between a group of people who are bellow average intelligence.

Ok, this is more of a confession / rant.

If we were to compare both societies from 1500 or so years ago with those of today, while we still have a ways to go, the quality of life for the average person has improved.

the process in which a population chooses its government, and the laws and behaviors expected from its populace has a point, and its the growth of our civilization, slowly but surely.

I can't improve on what Starrunner has said. Governments impact on all of our lives in various ways. All three of our kids and several of their spouses are all involved in public funded education. For that reason we've usually voted for the Democratic party because they have been more supportive. The Republican party wants more charter schools and vouchers. The thought behind Charter Schools is that government would take much needed money for public schools and re-direct it to charter and private schools. So we protect our jobs by voting Democratic.

I use that merely as an example as to how people vote. They typically vote for a candidate or a party that best represents their interests. Of course, that doesn't always work out because politicians will tell any sort of lie to get elected. Still, it's better to vote for the person who you think you'll have a better chance of survival with.

I dearly hope this thread will not digress into a discussion about charter schools. I merely used it as a personal example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back