• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

AB, DL, IT, ASD, RPG, and more

Status
Not open for further replies.

nieckie

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Hallo everyone,

I am a Dutch student in game design and development, currently studying in Finland for a year.

The thread title is mostly for fun, though they all apply to me. I'll go by them and explain what they mean.
- AB & DL: I think needs no explanation here.
- IT: Information Technology. Basically my field. I dropped out of my study software engineering to do what I do now, but I am still primarily a programmer.
- ASD: Autism Spectrum Disorder. I have Asperger Syndrome, and it does define a big part of who I am. More on that later.
- RPG: Role-Playing games. As my study might betray, I am a gamer. RPG's are probably my favorite genre. This includes digital games like Final Fantasy, The Elder Scrolls, Undertale, but also tabletop games like D&D.

I'd say I'm primarily an AB. The interest has been there as long as I can remember, and through puberty DL has become part of it. I'm also interested in the role of a caretaker, though this whole part of my life is pretty much completely private.

As I said before, I am a gamer. I mentioned some games there, but I'm interested in almost any game. What I am usually looking for are games that, after more than 20 years of experience playing, can still surprise me today. Games like The Stanley Parable, Undertale, and Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes are what makes my jaw drop to the floor, and I find that more interesting than the graphical prowess of the latest Call of Duty or FIFA.

Overall, I think it's clear that I am quite a nerd. This is probably closely connected to who I am. I have Asperger's, and in my case it means that I am socially withdrawn. I have a couple of people that I would really consider friends. Aside from that and my closest family, other people usually drift in and out of my life. I have no problem working with pretty much in projects (which, considering my study is a necessity), and I will even have fun with them and join when everyone goes out together. However, that is pretty much where things end for me. After there is no more work or anything else binding us, I rarely speak to them. I'm fine with this for the most part, but I sometimes marvel at the ease with which other people make connections, and enjoy social activities, when I would much rather just go home.

Anyway, that's enough of that.

I have been floating around on this part of the internet for years now. I have learned a lot about myself, both from an ABDL perspective as well as other parts of my life. I have tried numerous times to sign up to forums like these and be a part of the community, but I usually just can't stay very active. That's why I'm also not sure if I will be active on this forum, though I'd like to, and I will try.

As for what I am looking for here, I'm not sure. I know myself pretty well these days. I think I need to develop more personally before I can take the next step in my life. That said, I am looking forward to reading about you all and seeing what kind of people are here!

Welcome to ADISC!

Very good introduction.

Don't worry about being unsure what you are looking for out of ADISC. Many new people are the same. Just look through the forums and posts, reply when you have something to say and create a thread if you have a question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back