Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 39

Thread: Well... THAT was awkward!

  1. #1

    Default Well... THAT was awkward!

    Wow! Awkward may not even be a good enough word to describe what just happened to me...

    As some of you may know, I still live at home due to a combination of my disability and my financial situation. You may also know that my dad found my diapers and told my mom and sister about them as well.

    Well with that in mind....


    Earlier today as I come out of the shower, I head to my bedroom and find my mom in there looking all around for something. I said "Whatcha lookin for?" She responds with "Where are they?" I go "Where are what?" She says "Diapers. Where are they?" I said "No. You're not taking my diapers. I bought them. I know you don't like them but..." she cuts me off with "I need them for your grandfather! He's fallen and broken his hip and can't get out of bed. I'm going there now and I need some diapers for him." Dumbfounded I say "I can't." Immediately she gets angry- "You won't even help your grandfather out? I cannot believe you! Why not? Are you that cheap?" I said "No, it's because they're not regular adult diapers, they're special." Not knowing what I meant by that she said "Bullshit" and continued snooping, getting angry and calling me a freak and saying I could at least help him. So I grabbed one and put in her face (it was an ABU LittlePaws) and said "See? This is why I didn't want you to see them!" She left and has ben gone a couple of hours. I don't know what to do. That was the most bizarre morning I've ever had. Just had to share. I'm still kinda shaking because I know there will be another interesting conversation later tonight.... Not looking forward to that.

  2. #2

    Default

    Yeah your mom went WAY over the line by going through your things. At the very least she should have asked you for one or two.

    However, I have to say you over reacted and went out of line too. Sure your diapers are special, but you grandfather just broke his hip! When something like that happens do you really think he is going to care what they look like? As long as they work long enough for him to get some of his own, then so what id they are little paws diapers!

    You both have some apologizing to do.

  3. #3

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Slomo View Post
    Yeah your mom went WAY over the line by going through your things. At the very least she should have asked you for one or two.

    However, I have to say you over reacted and went out of line too. Sure your diapers are special, but you grandfather just broke his hip! When something like that happens do you really think he is going to care what they look like? As long as they work long enough for him to get some of his own, then so what id they are little paws diapers!

    You both have some apologizing to do.
    I see your point and had they been non-AB themed diapers, I would have had no problem giving her a couple and maybe and if I would have time to process the information a little bit first I still would have. Its just that its bad enough they know I like diapers, now they know what they look like and they are definitely not just for medical use but if I gave her the diapers, my whole family would know! Also, I know he's already embarrassed and upset about the fact that he's going to be wearing diapers that I don't think babyish-themed diapers would make him very happy at all.

  4. #4

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by gnd567 View Post
    I see your point and had they been non-AB themed diapers, I would have had no problem giving her a couple and maybe and if I would have time to process the information a little bit first I still would have. Its just that its bad enough they know I like diapers, now they know what they look like and they are definitely not just for medical use but if I gave her the diapers, my whole family would know! Also, I know he's already embarrassed and upset about the fact that he's going to be wearing diapers that I don't think babyish-themed diapers would make him very happy at all.
    As you said. Awkward. I don't know that there was any good way to handle it.

    You can sort of understand your mom's state of mind with grandpa in dire straits, and sort of understand her going for the immediately available source of diapers rather than thinking through other options, but still awkward.

    Positive vibes sent to your grandpa +~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    P.S. Given his level of discomfort and/or drug induced stupor, I'm not sure he'd notice or care what the diapers look like.

  5. #5

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    As you said. Awkward. I don't know that there was any good way to handle it.

    You can sort of understand your mom's state of mind with grandpa in dire straits, and sort of understand her going for the immediately available source of diapers rather than thinking through other options, but still awkward.

    Positive vibes sent to your grandpa +~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    P.S. Given his level of discomfort and/or drug induced stupor, I'm not sure he'd notice or care what the diapers look like.
    Thanks. I do see how she was sorta thinking but at the time it freaked me out. I have BPD and ted to overreact sometimes but again it would've been a little different if the diapers were something plain like an Abena or something. I don't want everyone in the entire family to know about the diaper thing, especially the kind that I like. And I know my grandpa, no matter how drugged he may or may not be right now, he would flip the hell out if they tried to put him in an ABU LittlePawz. Though in truth, they're probably way better than the ones they got him I don't know what to do. When she gets home I'll try to smooth things over. Wish me luck

  6. #6

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by landingxray View Post
    Damn....thats crazy!!! What happened next?
    Nothing yet. She won't be back for a couple more hours.

  8. #8

    Default

    Good luck! Bizar and tricky situation. Hope your grandad is ok. Maybe tell your mum you could order some for him? Might be a nice way to build bridges of acceptance?

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Marting View Post
    Good luck! Bizar and tricky situation. Hope your grandad is ok. Maybe tell your mum you could order some for him? Might be a nice way to build bridges of acceptance?
    Maybe. I can't even afford any more for myself at the moment though.

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Slomo
    Yeah your mom went WAY over the line by going through your things.
    Up until the day I finally left home, I never had one ounce of privacy. Never allowed to lock my door, never a knock before entering my room, constantly going through all my things to the point of taking out furniture drawers and dumping out my backpack trying to find hidden things. And this from someone that never used drugs, never drank alcohol, never smoked, never hid porn, never stole things, nothing.

    It really messed me up inside to have absolutely no privacy. I completely shut myself off and hid everything inside my head. I can't stress how important privacy is to a developing child/teenager. If any of you are or will be parents, please don't ever do this to your child without cause.



    Quote Originally Posted by Slomo
    However, I have to say you over reacted and went out of line too. Sure your diapers are special, but you grandfather just broke his hip! When something like that happens do you really think he is going to care what they look like?
    I disagree. It would force the fetish discussion onto his grandpa. Further, he's probably already feeling undignified enough in now suddenly needing them, throwing baby-like diapers at him could make his shame many times worse.

    There's no real inconvenience to simply going to CVS and picking up some normal briefs. They may not be the best quality, but then he probably won't want to be wearing for extended periods without changes anyway. They're the same diapers everyone in nursing homes and hospitals get.

Similar Threads

  1. Awkward!
    By Legion in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 25-Jan-2013, 11:30
  2. Well... that was awkward...
    By Bronymaster122 in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-Oct-2012, 00:37
  3. A little Awkward hello
    By QuestioningSilence in forum Greetings / Introductions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 26-Sep-2012, 02:36

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.