Sometimes when your sick, diapers are very convenient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleJess

Banned
It seems like I've had some side effects from the medication, or food poisoning, I've got a doctors appointment tomorrow, so I haven't taken it today. (edit i ended up taking it anyway)

Long story short, I have watery runny diarrhoea, that I cannot control, so instead of constantly shitting my pants, I just whipped on a diaper, and hope that it does it's job. I think its because i haven't eatan much last couple days.

Anyone else do the same when there sick?

Last edited:
Shybug,

So, yes... Diapers can be very convenient if you are in a situation where you may not be able to have the control over your bladder or bowels as you normally have. I often wear diapers while traveling long distances, not because I need them, but often I drink a lot of caffeinated drinks while traveling to keep me awake and in the Western U.S. sometimes restrooms might be hours apart. So it is reassuring to be wearing protection rather than being in a great deal of pain and anxiousness waiting for the next exit with a gas station or rest area.

But as for being sick, I have to admit, usually if I am very sick, I don't seek out wearing diapers as I just am feeling so miserable that diapers aren't the first thing on my mind. Even though they may be convenient, the clean up and so forth just doesn't seem worth it when the bathroom is just a few feet down the hall from my bedroom. I wore diapers when I was getting ready for a colonoscopy, thinking that would be easier than getting up every couple of minutes to use the bathroom. But found I never used them as I felt so ill from being sick to my stomach that the last thing I wanted to do is clean up a messy diaper. So while I wore a diaper, I never used it.

But anyhow, that was just my own experience. Because I am not IC, when I use diapers for their intended purpose, it is typically when I am feeling well and have the energy to take care of things afterwards. Otherwise, if I am truly sick, i just want to get feeling better and don't want the hassle of cleaning up but just want to rest and get feeling better as soon as possible.

Pull ups are a great thing if you want to keep well hydrated and not move. The pull up part is important because I have to be in a pretty good mood to enjoy a messy diaper. And if you don't make it that is an easier clean up than underwear.

I sure like them when I have a migraine and standing up increases the pain but I'm too exhausted to put one on, plus I tend to either pee a lot and would go through a ton of diapers or I get dehydrated and barely pee.

the time I really really wanted them was when I was hospitalized for a bad week long migraine and they give me magnesium oxide instead of the magnesium glycinate I take at home for the same dosage (the first one has laxative properties and the second doesn't hence why I was taking it because I could take a much higher dose). Well combine that with high dose pain killers (morphine didn't even touch the pain) and having to walk pass two beds into someone else's room with a squeaky IV pole ever hour or less ....... it was not fun but I was too embarrassed - even after I did have some legit accidents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back