Goodnites in 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodnitesco96

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
What in the world was Goodnites thinking in the years after 2011? I just wet a girls Goodnite from 2011, and it is definitely bigger than the boys that I have used that have come out after 2013. Given it is not as stretchy, but if they could have honestly made their pull-ups maybe an inch or two taller and kept the stretchiness, they would have a customer till I would never fit in them. I don't know if that's me that's noticing the definite shrink in stretchiness in 2011 but a definite height boost.

They shrunk them around 2012, removing around an inch from their length (height). I actually found the ones after the reduction to still have good absorbency. The ones from 2011 or so, with the printed patterns on the elastic itself, seemed to have worse absorbency than later years. I saved a bunch of packages from before the height reduction, and before the stretchy elastic, because it wasn't all benefits with the newer design. That's how it goes when you're not their target market.

Yeah, I also noticed that they shrunk during that time frame. I also noticed that there was more room in the front on the older ones, which was good given that I am a male. The new ones do fit more snug compared to the ones from the early 2000's. Not to mention, I miss the grainy side panels which actually made for an easier fit.

One other thing I noticed regarding Goodnites is that they quietly reduced the quantity of pants per package. Very sneaky!

Aquasailor said:
Yeah, I also noticed that they shrunk during that time frame. I also noticed that there was more room in the front on the older ones, which was good given that I am a male. The new ones do fit more snug compared to the ones from the early 2000's. Not to mention, I miss the grainy side panels which actually made for an easier fit.

One other thing I noticed regarding Goodnites is that they quietly reduced the quantity of pants per package. Very sneaky!
Shrinking them down was a major selling point because that's also about the time that underjams started becoming prevalent and surfacing more often how do you spell they had to try and at least match the under jams claim of being discreet I'm not sure how many of you guys have dealt with kids especially ones that had to use these, but prior to them shrinking it when a kid put one of the pullups on it came 1/2 nice above the waist band of standard PJ pants. Anytime the shirt would lift or if they just weren't wearing a shirt it was very noticeable that they had a diaper on when underjams were marketed they initially made them with lower waist bands and Huggies knew that if they didn't adjust the Goodnights they were going to lose out to under jams in the bed wetting Market especially with older children who have more of a taboo stigma on wearing a diaper to bed, when dealing with older kids they'll get teased less for just peeing on their sheets then they will if their peers find out that they wear and wet a diaper in bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back