Re: Vomiting Blood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleJess

Banned
Re: Vomiting Blood.

I just went to the doctor, and I'm going to have to have blood tests, if it gets worse I'll have to call an ambulance.

I have to ave these blood tests, and take this medication, nexium ec tablets, don't know what that is, and some blood tests FBE; E/FTs whatever that means.

I should be fine though.

Just thought i'll update the situation.

Of course I'll call an ambulance if it gets worse, I honestly should of last night.

That being said, I'll keep yous updated on this situation.

Marka said:
Agreed!

We'll like to know that you're doing better - no doubt!
Is your family, understanding the situation now, for you? At least, of your physical health?

Yeah, there aware, thankfully, I'm just trying to keep calm and hydrated, can't seem to physically eat anything.

I did notice my blood pressure was 100, as well :p

Marka said:
Well... eat as you doctor suggested... fluids, etc...

Blood pressure is usually read with two measurements, one of each, of systolic and diastolic mmHg (millimeters of mercury)

"100" doesn't have a meaningful value... what did your doctor advise for blood-pressure ranges, for your current condition, etc?

-Marka

p.s. Because Hypertension (high blood-pressure), is a common chronic or acute situation to monitor closely...

Hypotension (low blood-pressure) is more difficult to determine, except in critically low blood-pressure situations.

Then, there is each person's base-line that is, what is the individual's normal (or average) range - which may not be within the average range guide-lines, of many more people sampled...

If you have questions or concerns or, need help using home testing equipment... contact, a nurse help-line or, call your doctor's office, for assistance - if, you get consistent readings, out-side of the normal ranges - you should seek qualified healthcare assistance, immediately or, call for ambulance services...

-Marka

Blood pressure doesn't seem to be a problem, I just looked at the thing he used.

Only thing I need to do is keep hydrated, take the medication, and try and relax, the medication I have to take seems to look like it's for ulcers, so maybe it's a stomach ulcer. won't know for sure until I get the blood test which will be later today. ( i should find out tommorow)

That being said, I haven't vomited yet, and seem to be doing ok, but as I said, I'll keep this thread updated. most likely its serious, but I'll look after myself. :)

Marka said:
Yes, a peptic-ulcer is one of the first things to suspect though, there can be other sorts of reasons for the gastric-bleeding... one thing, that they'll probably test for, is known here as H-pylori (Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) is a type of bacteria that can reside in the gut/stomach.)...

Yes, just follow ALL of the Doctor's instructions...

-Marka

I'm worried about the blood tests, are they painful? (that should be the least of my worries, but it seems to be the most feared thing atm)

This happened to me in 1985. My wife drove me to the doctor and out in the parking lot, I passed and and went through the tunnel of light. I saw my deceased parents waiting for me. Then there was a rushing sound and I was back in the wheel chair that the doctor had put me in. They rushed me to the hospital because I had a bleeding ulcer. I received five units of blood and they did two endoscopys before they got the internal bleeding to stop.

The are two important points here. One, I technically died and came back, and two, I had a bleeding ulcer. You should see a doctor immediately because bleeding ulcers can kill. Throwing up blood is not normal nor is it safe.

Now I drink almost no alcohol because alcohol, aspirins, even caffeine can be irritants to the stomach lining. This is nothing to fool around with, so see that doctor.

I'm pretty sure you have posted that you drink and that's what makes me vomit and poop bblood. Get it under control before you're where I am please.

Marka said:
How are you doing with that, by the way? (If I may ask)

Yeah I drink, but it has nothing to do with that, I drink once a month, if that.

Had my blood taken, and I'm on my meds now, yay :) it was painful xd

Shybug said:
Yeah I drink, but it has nothing to do with that, I drink once a month, if that.

Had my blood taken, and I'm on my meds now, yay :) it was painful xd

Okay, I'm feeling a little better, eating a pizza now, i must add this might be the reason for me vomiting when i drink a couple drinks like whisky, or wine.

(I should clarify, when I do drink which is occasionally, my stomach gets very irritated) so i prefer not to drink too much at once. I have to mix alcohol with cola otherwise one or two glasses, and I'll have a vomiting fit.

I think I managed to keep down my pizza xD, you can say this whole time I've been crapping my depends as it was more serious than I thought it was.

It would also explain why i can't usually eat more than one meal a day, without feeling sick. too much specific types of food make me sick, ate two whole pizzas, just to end up vomiting.

That being said, so far I feel a lot better. I'll find out in a few days what is wrong with me.

I'll keep you updated though.

(pps, I'm scared of the dying part, I feel so vulnerable whenever I'm sick / unwell)

Last edited:
Shybug said:
Okay, I'm feeling a little better, eating a pizza now, i must add this might be the reason for me vomiting when i drink a couple drinks like whisky, or wine.

(I should clarify, when I do drink which is occasionally, my stomach gets very irritated) so i prefer not to drink too much at once. I have to mix alcohol with cola otherwise one or two glasses, and I'll have a vomiting fit.

I think I managed to keep down my pizza xD, you can say this whole time I've been crapping my depends as it was more serious than I thought it was.

It would also explain why i can't usually eat more than one meal a day, without feeling sick. too much specific types of food make me sick, ate two whole pizzas, just to end up vomiting.

That being said, so far I feel a lot better. I'll find out in a few days what is wrong with me.

I'll keep you updated though.

(pps, I'm scared of the dying part, I feel so vulnerable whenever I'm sick / unwell)

Get well soon. Are you wearing your diapers at the time this happened?

AnimeDude892 said:
Get well soon. Are you wearing your diapers at the time this happened?

Trying to :p but i was that sick i couldn't even be bothered xD, slepted well in one though

Shybug said:
Okay, I'm feeling a little better...

I'm so glad that you went to a doctor. Don't hesitate to call an ambulance if things get worse... (Well... if you have to pay for it, call a taxi instead!)

The tablets (omeprazole?) should help. But if you don't notice much improvement after a while, you should definitely go back to the doctor to get checked out as it could be something else.

Shybug said:

Me too. :frown: Even a cold makes me feel like I'm dying and I get so depressed at the thought of it. Hang in there. You should start to feel better soon.

:grouphug:

tiny said:
I'm so glad that you went to a doctor. Don't hesitate to call an ambulance if things get worse... (Well... if you have to pay for it, call a taxi instead!)

The tablets (omeprazole?) should help. But if you don't notice much improvement after a while, you should definitely go back to the doctor to get checked out as it could be something else.

Me too. :frown: Even a cold makes me feel like I'm dying and I get so depressed at the thought of it. Hang in there. You should start to feel better soon.

:grouphug:

I'm on Esomeprazole magnesium trihydrate (Nexium EC/Noxicid) which apparently does the same thing, I do feel a little better, but it takes time I think.

Shybug said:
I'm on Esomeprazole magnesium trihydrate (Nexium EC/Noxicid) which apparently does the same thing, I do feel a little better, but it takes time I think.

Well guys and girls, I may have good news, turns out I should be fine, most likely a stomach ulcer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back