Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Re: Vomiting Blood.

Default Re: Vomiting Blood.

I just went to the doctor, and I'm going to have to have blood tests, if it gets worse I'll have to call an ambulance.

I have to ave these blood tests, and take this medication, nexium ec tablets, don't know what that is, and some blood tests FBE; E/FTs whatever that means.

I should be fine though.

Just thought i'll update the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Shybug View Post
    I just went to the doctor, and I'm going to have to have blood tests, if it gets worse I'll have to call an ambulance.

[...]

Just thought i'll update the situation.

Okay, good to hear that you sought medical advice...

if it gets worse I'll have to call an ambulance
    which, does not mean... that you'll hash it over with the good folks at ADISC... right?

You'll call an ambulance...

Take your meds and, get some rest... I assume that your family knows there is a problem now?

Don't hesitate to get medical help - no matter when...

You gave us, (me) quite some concern...

You're not out of the woods yet...

Please, do not mess around with this again...

My best, take care,
    -Marka

Of course I'll call an ambulance if it gets worse, I honestly should of last night.

That being said, I'll keep yous updated on this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Shybug View Post
    Of course I'll call an ambulance if it gets worse, I honestly should of last night.
    Agreed!

That being said, I'll keep yous updated on this situation.
    We'll like to know that you're doing better - no doubt!
    Is your family, understanding the situation now, for you? At least, of your physical health?

Quote Originally Posted by Marka View Post
    Agreed!

We'll like to know that you're doing better - no doubt!
    Is your family, understanding the situation now, for you? At least, of your physical health?
    Yeah, there aware, thankfully, I'm just trying to keep calm and hydrated, can't seem to physically eat anything.

I did notice my blood pressure was 100, as well :P

Well... eat as you doctor suggested... fluids, etc...

Blood pressure is usually read with two measurements, one of each, of systolic and diastolic mmHg (millimeters of mercury)

"100" doesn't have a meaningful value... what did your doctor advise for blood-pressure ranges, for your current condition, etc?

-Marka

p.s. Because Hypertension (high blood-pressure), is a common chronic or acute situation to monitor closely...

Hypotension (low blood-pressure) is more difficult to determine, except in critically low blood-pressure situations.

Then, there is each person's base-line that is, what is the individual's normal (or average) range - which may not be within the average range guide-lines, of many more people sampled...

If you have questions or concerns or, need help using home testing equipment... contact, a nurse help-line or, call your doctor's office, for assistance - if, you get consistent readings, out-side of the normal ranges - you should seek qualified healthcare assistance, immediately or, call for ambulance services...

-Marka

Well... eat as you doctor suggested... fluids, etc...

Blood pressure is usually read with two measurements, one of each, of systolic and diastolic mmHg (millimeters of mercury)

"100" doesn't have a meaningful value... what did your doctor advise for blood-pressure ranges, for your current condition, etc?

-Marka

p.s. Because Hypertension (high blood-pressure), is a common chronic or acute situation to monitor closely...

Hypotension (low blood-pressure) is more difficult to determine, except in critically low blood-pressure situations.

Then, there is each person's base-line that is, what is the individual's normal (or average) range - which may not be within the average range guide-lines, of many more people sampled...

If you have questions or concerns or, need help using home testing equipment... contact, a nurse help-line or, call your doctor's office, for assistance - if, you get consistent readings, out-side of the normal ranges - you should seek qualified healthcare assistance, immediately or, call for ambulance services...

-Marka
    Blood pressure doesn't seem to be a problem, I just looked at the thing he used.

Only thing I need to do is keep hydrated, take the medication, and try and relax, the medication I have to take seems to look like it's for ulcers, so maybe it's a stomach ulcer. won't know for sure until I get the blood test which will be later today. ( i should find out tommorow)

That being said, I haven't vomited yet, and seem to be doing ok, but as I said, I'll keep this thread updated. most likely its serious, but I'll look after myself.

Yes, a peptic-ulcer is one of the first things to suspect though, there can be other sorts of reasons for the gastric-bleeding... one thing, that they'll probably test for, is known here as H-pylori (Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) is a type of bacteria that can reside in the gut/stomach.)...

Yes, just follow ALL of the Doctor's instructions...

-Marka

Yes, a peptic-ulcer is one of the first things to suspect though, there can be other sorts of reasons for the gastric-bleeding... one thing, that they'll probably test for, is known here as H-pylori (Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) is a type of bacteria that can reside in the gut/stomach.)...

Yes, just follow ALL of the Doctor's instructions...

-Marka
    I'm worried about the blood tests, are they painful? (that should be the least of my worries, but it seems to be the most feared thing atm)

This happened to me in 1985. My wife drove me to the doctor and out in the parking lot, I passed and and went through the tunnel of light. I saw my deceased parents waiting for me. Then there was a rushing sound and I was back in the wheel chair that the doctor had put me in. They rushed me to the hospital because I had a bleeding ulcer. I received five units of blood and they did two endoscopys before they got the internal bleeding to stop.

The are two important points here. One, I technically died and came back, and two, I had a bleeding ulcer. You should see a doctor immediately because bleeding ulcers can kill. Throwing up blood is not normal nor is it safe.

Now I drink almost no alcohol because alcohol, aspirins, even caffeine can be irritants to the stomach lining. This is nothing to fool around with, so see that doctor.