Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 38

Thread: Born in a different time?

  1. #1

    Default Born in a different time?

    Does anyone here think that they were born in the worng era? I think I should have been born aorund like 1850 and lived untill 1947. I wanted to experience the industrial rev in America and Imperialism, plus the Meiji Restoration.

    Anyone else think this way? If so state the year span and why.

  2. #2

    Default

    I don't know about being born in the wrong era, but there are time periods that I would love to visit. The 20's before the Depression, the 60's-70's, some other periods...

  3. #3

    Default

    I hear this is a very common feeling.

    Personally I don't understand it at all. I think I was born exactly when I should have been.

    I'd like to be in the most forward time period there is... which is in the here and now.

  4. #4
    secretdl26

    Default

    I kind of feel like I should have been born around 1980. I don't know why but I feel like I would be more comfortable with who I am, my views, attitudes, hobbies, choice of music/books/etc., if I were ten years older.
    Last edited by secretdl26; 24-Mar-2009 at 01:00. Reason: 150 posts, yeah!

  5. #5

    Default

    Oh come now, you folks are boring...choosing the past...nonsense.

    I was born in the wrong time; I should've been been born in Star Trek times. I think I'd have made a fine....well, I'm not terribly adept at math...

    They'd have found a place for me on a starship. I don't know what position. That is where my strengths and talents are. But here, in our pre-space society, I'm just some guy who doesn't fit.

  6. #6

    Default

    Like the guy above me, I wish I had been born in the early 80's. Being a teenager during the 90's must have been awesome.



    Quote Originally Posted by PostTenebrasLux View Post
    Oh come now, you folks are boring...choosing the past...nonsense.

    I was born in the wrong time; I should've been been born in Star Trek times. I think I'd have made a fine....well, I'm not terribly adept at math...

    They'd have found a place for me on a starship. I don't know what position. That is where my strengths and talents are. But here, in our pre-space society, I'm just some guy who doesn't fit.
    Custodial Engineer? At least it sounds exciting.

  7. #7
    Mako

    Default

    I think theres something to this, I gotta ditto wishing I was born in the early 80's maybe even late 70's. How awesome would it be, to be 7 and have the NES released. A lot of my current tastes tend to gravitate towards the things in the 90's I was too young to know about.

  8. #8

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by secretdl26 View Post
    I kind of feel like I should have been born around 1980. I don't know why but I feel like I would be more comfortable with who I am, my views, attitudes, hobbies, choice of music/books/etc., if I were ten years older.


    Quote Originally Posted by Chillhouse View Post
    Like the guy above me, I wish I had been born in the early 80's. Being a teenager during the 90's must have been awesome.


    Custodial Engineer? At least it sounds exciting.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mako View Post
    I think theres something to this, I gotta ditto wishing I was born in the early 80's maybe even late 70's. How awesome would it be, to be 7 and have the NES released. A lot of my current tastes tend to gravitate towards the things in the 90's I was too young to know about.
    Dorks.

    Being a teenager during the 90s was awful. All the music that was reasonable was displaced by awful noise in 1990-1991. Didn't really "recover" until about 1995, and then 1997-1998 saw the Boy/Girl-Band revival.

    The 90s - in this country, at least - marked the adoption and acceptance of Jive (now called "Ebonics") and the Political Correctness movement.

    Being born and around in the times spelled out above has the unfortunate side-effect of being around long enough to know just what we've abdicated more recently.

    I suspect that I myself would have liked either 1920s Germany as a graduate student (and out before 29), or 1950s USA as same. I think, though, that the most prosperous and promising time to be born in recent memory would have been 1948-1955.

    ... and now it's Dogboy's or Pramrider's turn to tell me that I'm a dork for wanting to be born in 1948-1955.

  10. #10

    Default

    I was a teenager in the 90s. It was ok. At the time, I was into music written by folks who were either long gone, or Dave Brubeck. I should perhaps google to make sure he's still around. Not sure. The 90s had no noticeable influence over that music. I wasn't one of the cool kids, and I chose clothing based on how they'd hold up in the woods--if there were big trends/changes in the 90s, they were lost on me.

    All I can think of now is: Suuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrge!

    I hated those commercials...

Similar Threads

  1. Born oreintation?
    By jasonthebeast in forum Mature Topics
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 29-Dec-2008, 06:02
  2. What time do you go to bed
    By ThatKid in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 01-May-2008, 14:24
  3. The Time Has Come!
    By Angelicus in forum Greetings / Introductions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 16-Jan-2008, 13:29

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.