ABU Preschool

Status
Not open for further replies.

repaidinthemirror

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I got a sample of AB Universe's Preschool diapers and I love them except for one thing...the tapes don't stick. They don't seem to stick to anything at all. Did I get a bad batch or are their tapes just this bad? I had to duct tape them on. :bleh:

They work fine for me? If anything they're difficult to pull up. Make sure you're not contaminating the tape OR the front panel. Lotions and oils on the front panel will prevent the tapes from sticking. Lotion can transfer from your hands to your diaper when handling it before or during taping.

I've had no issue with the tapes, although I echo bambinod's sentiment that they can be hard to pull up, I've had to readjust the front a fair bit before I figured out how to get the fit right. Make sure you're taping on the panel as well, and that you don't unstick the tapes early and instead do it as you're fastening them. That should give you the best odds.

This is very concerning to hear and I am sorry if you got a bad batch.

Really keen for you to clarify though mate have you kept the tapes and taping panel clear of powders/oils/lotions?

Might sound like a silly question but you are trying to tape onto the taping panel?

Also the part of the tape that the sticky part in on didn't come away from the back wings of the diaper did it? They are not supposed to be a 2 part sticky tab system since they have a taping panel.

Tykables made the same mistake on their first batch of overnights and that was using the matt finish tape panel, granted, ABU's is better but its still sub par. Hopefully they will either go with hook and look tabs OR revert to a glossy smooth panel.

**Follow-Up** I dont use lotion or powder so no there wasn't anything on the tapes. Yesterday I had the house to myself so I put one on in the mirror being extra careful about making sure the tapes made complete contact with the landing tape. They did hold this time but after a few hours of moving around they started to slip. Maybe I need to go up a size since I'm a bigger guy. They are still a good diaper and I really like them but I wish the tapes were a little more sticky or even hook and loop like the old Cushies Breathable (those were my favorite :frown:).

- - - Updated - - -

I've worn quite a few of both the waddler overnights and the preschools, and while the panels have a very similar matte texture feel to them, the tykables tapes seem to stick very well for me. I've had many waddler and tighty whity tapes pop on the other hand. I know there's a fair amount of selection on tapes for disposable diapers - I see manufacturers occasionally comment that "we only use the good 3-M brand tapes on our diapers!" so I assume there's a noticeable quality/performance and price difference between the available tapes they can choose from. Waddlers are probably just going with a cheaper tape that's not as sticky, more prone to breaking.

Oh....and when I nip off to the restroom to reel in a tape on my preschools, omg... quite possibly one of the loudest tape pull-offs I've ever heard. I wonder if they hear me from out in the hallway sometime!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back